It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. plans attack, defense in cyberspace warfare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

U.S. plans attack, defense in cyberspace warfare

www.msnbc.msn.com

When President George W. Bush ordered new ways to slow Iran’s progress toward a nuclear bomb last year, he approved a plan for an experimental covert program — its results still unclear — to bore into their computers and undermine the project.

And the Pentagon has commissioned military contractors to develop a highly classified replica of the Internet of the future. The goal is to simulate what it would take for adversaries to shut down the country’s power stations, telecommunications and aviation systems, or freeze the financial markets — in an effort to build better defenses ag
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
MODS, Please
I have written sooooooo much in this comments section regarding this 5 page article.

I clicked submit and it was allll goneeeee!!!!
It took me over 10 minutes to write it and excerpts from the article. This is happening often now.

Or American intelligence agencies could activate malicious code that is secretly embedded on computer chips when they are manufactured, enabling the United States to take command of an enemy’s computers by remote control over the Internet. That, of course, is exactly the kind of attack officials fear could be launched on American targets, often through Chinese-made chips or computer servers.

I wrote so much but i'll just keep it short now
Read the entire 5 page article
it's very interesting.

And they say close down hospitals in operation dark angel to sow chaos????????

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

That, of course, is exactly the kind of attack officials fear could be launched on American targets, often through Chinese-made chips or computer servers.

Reason number 21342345 and three of why we DO NOT need to be sending manufacturing jobs overseas.

Indian call centers who call YOU, are the worst, i dont mind when I call and reach one, but when i get 4-5 COLD CALLS A DAY from some half-arsed company wanting me to buy their WORTHLESS web-related crap, I get a little mad.

At work i like to do everything myself, and not rely on my interns because then at least I know whats going on. its hard to keep an eye on everything when we have micromanaged companies that assemble components from all over the world.

new topics

join