It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Couple executed by Taliban for having affair

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

The problem is that you make false statements and do not back them up. Then you try to deflect the topic.

This thread asked the question whether we should intervene. It did not state official US Gov't foreign policy. It is obvious that you merely want to bash the US instead of addressing the larger point.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
reply to post by Kryties

The problem is that you make false statements and do not back them up. Then you try to deflect the topic.

It is obvious that you merely want to bash the US instead of addressing the larger point.

I believe it is YOU making false statements. Please point out the posts where I am "US bashing". I'll bet you cannot as I was making statements that covered many countries (in fact I have mentioned China, Indonesia, Russia in specific and have generalised the rest). So again, please prove your claim that I am US bashing.

This thread asked the question whether we should intervene.

And I am stating no because we should look to cleaning up our own justice systems before intervening in others. What is so hard about that to understand?

I think you are trying to deflect this thread yourself. I have said nothing that specifically targets the US and not other countries. You are attempting to make me look like the "bad guy" by making up fantastical tales of me being a US basher. That, in no uncertain terms, is an utter disgrace.

[edit on 28/4/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
In my lifetime, in the USA, people were "officially" executed by religious groups.
They called themselves "Knights".
These Knights would execute people by various means, often by hanging for nothing more than committing Melaninocide. Too much color.

Should we go in and prevent this? Hard to say, especially when we have such a recent example of similar behavior.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

There is no cultural differences there...

That was murder plain and simple.

Someone screwed around, and someone got pissed...

Attempting to justify it as "a lawful execution" is like attempting to justify a childs tantrum with some sort of legalese...

Look... These people are PRIMITIVES... they are a bunch of monkeys... can't you see it?

You saw the Chimp war video from the Monkey/Morality video right?

This is nothing different...

Just a bunch of dogs...

Ex

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
This is not about religion!
This is about power and control!

Barbarians!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I could be wrong but I don't think every state in the USA has the death penalty as an option. And those that do, have an appeal process. It's not a perfect system but I do not believe that someone convicted in a DP case is rushed to any chamber to die.

Before the US went into Afghanistan, I remember seeing video on the soccer field over there where they lined up people and shot them.

There was one lady in full burka that was made to get on her knee's and a taliban came up and shot her in the back of the head.

Her crime ? Seen walking with a man that was not her family.

Yep, speaks volumes.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
[edit on 5/1/09 by pugachev]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I think each culture should handle it issues in its own way. No other country should butt in.
What if say...Sweden decides to attack the USA because they think that the death penalty goes totally against basic human rights?
Anyway....

I bet Elizabeth Edwards wished that the Taliban would get a hold of Edward and his babymomma.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by haika

LOL Sweden couldnt even defend itself against USA... unless the Scandinavian League steps in.

Wellsir adultery is yet another disgusting act, right up there with murder in my books, but then again thats due to my history of being cheated on. Not that I think my exes shot be shot but I wouldnt mind them getting their shoes # in
It is cultural, for example public displays of affection in Iran (kissing, holding hands) are illegal (though not punishable by death!), I've heard drinking alcohol in Saudi Arabia is a capital offence, corruption in China means death (in the US that would mean execution of every politician
)
So what you view as bad is cultural... I dont agree with the Taliban's ideology in the slightest... but its their view right. Should we intervene, well maybe we should intervene all over Africa first... Rwanda anyone? Much worse atrocities there. Then Taliban.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join