It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tasered man kills policemen in shoot-out

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by cbianchi513

Hey, CB, you are full of yourself. And wrong.

The a-hole was the freak who loved to beat the **** out of women. He was about a half-bubble off plumb his whole life. There were some serious parts missing in his head.

And this is who you want to line up with?

The officers met him in the parking lot and he didn't seem to be armed. They tried to talk nice, and he resisted because he was big, he was mean, and he was always on the edge.

They tried to use minimal force, then the taser, and he came up firing, hitting one, and then spraying the entire area with random gunfire where civilians were present.

Once he ran to his truck to get away, the other officer yanked the passenger door open - again - to grab him, and in turn, got shot.

The officers both died on the way to the hospital.

God**** I love ignorance!

This crazy guy was the A-hole, and apparently, had you been there, you'd be right with him.

Now assuming ambient temperature.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by dooper]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
"There was no reason to believe he would be escalating this to any great level of violence" but five seconds after they tasered him he came up shooting. Gee i wonder what happened to change the situation, couldn't possibly be the fact that they tried to electrocute him could it

Either this guy possesed some kind of super powers, or he had a rubber suit under his clothes, because i find it hard to believe he came up after five seconds of the taser being fired. And then he did it again after the crash, this guy could take some punishment

What i'm having a real hard time understanding is why the hell would they go to a shooting range to arrest someone

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Considering that I respect your opinion Doop, I'll take this under advisement.

I'm just seriously frustrated about hearing/seeing incidents like this where cops apparently go straight for the taser.

I know that the "fight or flight" survival instinct kicks in unconciously, and the cops tripped the trigger. Sorry, I don't pity them.

Maybe I've reached the aforementioned "breaking point".

[edit on 28/4/09 by cbianchi513]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I'm not excusing the use of a taser, or pepper spray, or jerk law enforcement officers.

I've been arrested for being on my father's land, the officer called in and asked what to do with me, and I quote, "bring him in, we'll find something."

In any organization, there will be jerks. Abuses. Even a good guy will have a crappy day.

But this crazy ****er that loved using his size and strength to fight and beat women, should have been drowned at birth.

This time, our community truly lost two of the good guys.

I shoot at that range all the time, I can drive those roads blindfolded, and I had met one of those officers. They had kids, man.

I could never, ever be a law enforcement officer. I would have approached with a .12 guage leveled, and the slack taken out of the trigger. He would have cooperated, or I'd have shot him and then cuffed him.

I've met this shooter a couple of times. Seen him around town.

You looked into this guys eyes, and no one was home. The lights were blinking, the bell clanging, but the train wasn't coming.

And my apologies to you. I over-responded. This is a real sore spot in our community right now. We've lost three deputies in the last twelve months.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by dooper]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

EXACTLY why I respect your opinion Dooper.

You're a local, to boot.

I'm going to take your word 100%... and revise my opinion.

That said, you can see how one side of the story, with no corroboration can even boil the blood of a "seasoned" ATS member...

The Naked Wizard, The Pendleton Marines, now this guy... and these are just posts here on ATS!!!

Let it happen to a guy that isn't a wife beating a-hole, with a clean record... Then the story is 100% different, no?

EDIT: Incidentally, did you read my earlier post about disarming domestic violence suspects? I'm wondering if the police were so "gung-ho" because they were attempting to enforce a similar FL law?

I would have gone at the apprehension the same way as you, incidentally... peace through superior firepower.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
You know, in all my time around cops, in the station and on the street I have not once seen them resort to pepper spray or tasers. This includes drunks taking swings at Cops patrolling downtown on weekends.
Including a few that have tried to reach out for their guns.

Guess I've just had the luck with departments that haven't been brainwashed by the powers that be into mindless drones.

This man took another life. Plain and simple.

Sometimes, the posts on ATS seem to be here for just a good laugh at how naive or foolish the usual pro-violence against and anti-cop/govt/military poster is. Remember; You only count as a person if you've been 'awakened' and refer to the masses as 'sheeple'!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I appreciate the words, and again, apologize for popping off a bit early.

If I have a fault, I tend to lean the direction of the law officers, as all day long, it's one problem after another. They hear nothing but lies, one after another.

And even a good guy can have a really bad day. It's a really crappy job, and most try to make this a better world.

For six children, Daddy won't be coming home tonight.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I am a law abiding citizen, i obey our laws and pay my taxes, i have never been arrested. However, if anyone used a taser on me i would use anything i could find to kill that person before he could do it again. People die from these weapons, Cop who use these weapons are committing felonious assault, most times for misdemeanors. That is just wrong.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper

For six children, Daddy won't be coming home tonight.

... And in all reality, this is the biggest crime that was committed that day. It's also probably the biggest shame of all.

The whole situation is in the can... I have no idea what the solution is, but the pot is boiling over, and the police need to wise up to this. The retired chief of the town I live in is my next door neighbor. We have talked about this subject, and even he will concede that there is a big problem with misuse of tasers in law enforcement.

In his day, tasers didn't exist, and the job still got done.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I know the effects of Taser products quite well. Part of my training involved multiple hits by Tasers, OC spray, peppergas, rubber bullets, and riot batons. (No I'm not LEO or military). I'm used to the taser and I'm used to the sprays. Those won't do someone any good on me.

The rubber bullets and riot batons are a different story. Though I have my methods of at least avoiding the baton...Not much you can do against the rubber bullet.

I say this because a taser, as painful as it may be, can be easily bypassed with minimal training. It is NOT the most effective weapon against military personnel. OC spray won't do the trick either. military members are trained to deal with far harsher chemical deterrents.

The officers should have drawn pistols on this man period. It is their fault they're dead, you don't pull a damned taser on a gun wielding man.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
I know the effects of Taser products quite well. Part of my training involved multiple hits by Tasers, OC spray, peppergas, rubber bullets, and riot batons. (No I'm not LEO or military). I'm used to the taser and I'm used to the sprays. Those won't do someone any good on me.

The rubber bullets and riot batons are a different story. Though I have my methods of at least avoiding the baton...Not much you can do against the rubber bullet.

I say this because a taser, as painful as it may be, can be easily bypassed with minimal training. It is NOT the most effective weapon against military personnel. OC spray won't do the trick either. military members are trained to deal with far harsher chemical deterrents.

The officers should have drawn pistols on this man period. It is their fault they're dead, you don't pull a damned taser on a gun wielding man.

But this is where the damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-don't scenario comes in. He wasn't brandishing a weapon, it was apparently concealed. If they had gone up to him, guns drawn, it would have been conceived as them threatening an unarmed man with deadly force. If he hadn't had a gun, they would have been in the wrong. However, they try the taser, they try to give him a chance at living, they do everything in their power to stop him, except shoot him, and it's their fault for not shooting him.

I guess you can't win for losing.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by Highground]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
You know......

Tasers are hailed by the law enforcement community for their "non-lethal" nature...

WHICH MEANS...

...that they couldn't charge you with use of a deadly weapon if you used one against an officer in self-defense...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Highground

Fair enough. But If I'm an LEO and I'm going after someone at a SHOOTING RANGE who is wanted for domestic battery(known violent tendency) I'm approaching with firepower. It just seems like common sense. If he's at the gun range he probably has a gun.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkusMaximus
You know......

Tasers are hailed by the law enforcement community for their "non-lethal" nature...

WHICH MEANS...

...that they couldn't charge you with use of a deadly weapon if you used one against an officer in self-defense...

You give that a go, and get back to me on the outcome

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Highground

Originally posted by MarkusMaximus
You know......

WHICH MEANS...

You give that a go, and get back to me on the outcome

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Whether you and I agree on various issues or not does not change the fact that you are consistently a voice of reason and knowledge on these boards. Among the few who care to be as informed as I am.

How anyone can fault the officers for the amount of force they used is beyond me. I still feel like they put their own lives at risk for not putting two and two together and approaching a man at a gun range without weapons drawn, but the officers were trying to do the right thing on this go around. I know we've had a long spat of police not being model citizens as of late but people should really learn to pick their battles.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

This punk of a man who beat his Wife kills two Cops while being arrested for beating his own Wife and you approve?

Your hero is a wife beater and cop killer. Are you posting from prison? Hope so! Don't want you in my neighborhood. Just saying!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by cbianchi513

Bully for the shooter! One less power tripping a-hole drawing breath.

I guess I'm the only one who caught this. Or I'm on a board with some very, very bad people.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

No, I caught this too. I didn't respond because it is just such an asinine thing to say. It is unthinking, callous and stupid...But it's his right to be that way so long as he doesn't hurt others.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Two US deputies killed by a soldier they were trying to arrest for beating his wife...

In November, when authorities arrested Cartwright for domestic battery,...

Deputies went to arrest him at the gun range Saturday afternoon after taking a second domestic abuse report from his wife Elizabeth Marie Cartwright, 21...

The two men were pronounced dead after being airlifted to Sacred Heart Hospital in Pensacola, about 72 kilometers away.

The slain deputies, both 45, were retired from the US Air Force. Lopez had five children and York had a 10-year-old son.

Pretty sad really. This Cartwright was a real piece of work. Any powerful man who beats on those weaker than them deserve anything they get. Look how many lives this prick ruined.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join