It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tasered man kills policemen in shoot-out

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Tasered man kills policemen in shoot-out

www.stuff.co.nz

"When that Taser released after five seconds, he came up shooting..."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nwfdailynews.com
www.wtvynews4.com

[edit on 28-4-2009 by MarkusMaximus]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Probably a BAD idea to try to stun-gun someone just leaving a SHOOTING RANGE...particularly someone they KNEW to be violent and probably militarily trained to use a weapon.

Is this something that could have been prevented through better training on the part of the Oskaloosa sheriff's department?

Is it a good idea to use a taser against someone who is probably armed with a gun? Should the officers have immediately resorted to using their OWN pistols to subdue this man?

www.stuff.co.nz
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I guess this cop learned tazers aren't exactly the best way to handle a situation.

yaya I know mean and cold but so are the hundreds killed yearly by tazers so no big deal, the wheels will keep turning and the more cooler harmful weapons they will acquire and the more EPH'd we will be.. In the end the circle will continue to complete itself until we become completely scared of the police.

Yes I know Tasers are spelled that way I just like the z in Tazers.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
In view of another thread involving police taser abuse, as well as other reports over the past few weeks...

Bully for the shooter! One less power tripping a-hole drawing breath.

I seriously think cops should be on their heels about now. I don't know about other areas, but the only police worth anything in my area are the state troopers. The locals are all the same: Obey what I tell you, or I'll tase you.

I am glad that cowardice finally gets it's just dessert. Hopefully this starts happening more often.

With a sharp attorney, the shooter would have had a chance at getting off... Hey, if OJ can... Too bad the gestapo sent in the kill squad.

There is a lesson to learn here though... vests don't protect against head shots! Good shooting!

Score: common man- 2
heavily armed and armored police - 1

[edit on 28/4/09 by cbianchi513]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
I guess this cop learned tazers aren't exactly the best way to handle a situation.

yaya I know mean and cold but so are the hundreds killed yearly by tazers so no big deal, the wheels will keep turning and the more cooler harmful weapons they will acquire and the more EPH'd we will be.. In the end the circle will continue to complete itself until we become completely scared of the police.

Well, from the viewpoint of "crowd control" and quelling domestic uprisings, a intimidating police force gets the job done in many ways.

Media coverage of taser usage (even the deaths with spring from increased taser use) serves the purpose of reiterating to you and I the FACT that a taser WILL be used against us if we resist or rebel...

"Don't taze me, bro." There was nothing particularly noteworthy about that poor young man who got himself tazed, except that situation proved to be an effective demonstration of what happens if you resist authority.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by cbianchi513
I don't know about other areas, but the only police worth anything in my area are the state troopers. The locals are all the same: Obey what I tell you, or I'll tase you.

I can agree with this statement.

And I believe that it falls back to what I said in the opener: it's got SOMETHING to do with training.

I'll bet we can assume, with a large degree of accuracy, that state police organizations are providing MUCH better training for officers than the local yokel outfits...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I don't know if anybody knows this... You can actually build a "resistance" to the initial shock of tasers. I used to hit myself with a stun gun a LOT... and although the physiological reaction is generally the same, the recovery time is a LOT faster once you've built up a tolerance.

Maybe the shooter has done the same.

Just a thought

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

from the OP's link
Deputies went to arrest him at the gun range Saturday afternoon after taking a second domestic abuse report from his wife Elizabeth Marie Cartwright, 21, who was being treated for injuries at a local hospital.

"I don't think they did anything wrong. There was nothing to indicate he would be escalating this to any great level of violence," Spooner said.

this guy sounds like a mean son of a b***h but i don't understand why in the name of god the two cop's would have tazed him if he didn't indicate he'ld escalate to any great level of violence.

this type of reaction on the part of the tazered guy isn't all that surprising and i would expect this type of incident to increase in frequency as the cops get more and more inclined to use their tazer.

a 20 page discharge report should be introduced for these things, at least the cops might feel there is some sort of consequence to using them then.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I as many others have been waiting for something like this. I have seen too many times where the cops pull the taser at the first sign of someone expressing frustration with the cops.

I think most cops for the most part want to hurt people to prove they have some type of power. I am not glad these two got whacked but I am glad the point was made.

"They say" he was beating his wife... "They say"....

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Here's your REAL news:

Investigators were working to determine the extent of Cartwright's military and militia weapons training, Spooner said.

The media are now openly linking the military with the militia - what militia??

Another helping of Janet Napolitano's "hate the military" pie anyone?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

what militia??

But Spooner said Cartwright was a member of a Florida National Guard unit based in Crestview. He said Cartwright also was interested in militia groups and weapons training.

you should read the whole article before freaking about this stuff.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

Good catch, the ever present "militia" and "weapons training" reference. If the cops had their way, civilians, especially vets will lose their guns.

This combat vet is going out back, hanging his Gadsden flag, cleaning his sidearm, and thinking foul thoughts about our government.

I must be a terrorist. Somebody tase me.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman

what militia??

But Spooner said Cartwright was a member of a Florida National Guard unit based in Crestview. He said Cartwright also was interested in militia groups and weapons training.

you should read the whole article before freaking about this stuff.

I'll try asking the same question more slowly for you "What militia group?".

The media are quick to talk about militia links, but no one ever actually comes up with an actual group.

Go ahead, name the one he was "linked" to.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Do you believe this event would have transpired if tasers weren't used?

In other words: Would this soldier have flipped and shot two officers dead if he WASN'T tazed?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

That's just it though... even though there is no confirmation as yet to militia involvement, you can see the way the media fashions these articles exactly because people reading this article will make the very same error.

The tie-in between militias and vets is really being pushed in the MSM, IMO.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Is it me, or is there something off about this story?

The reporting makes it seem like he's some sort of Terminator-style killing machine.

"When that Taser released after five seconds, he came up shooting,"

"When he had his crash, the truck flipped upside down, nose first and he came out of the backside of the truck firing immediately and using the truck for cover,"

Could this be a cover story being cooked up? Why would a man who was going to be arrested for battery resort to killing policemen?

The other thing that strikes me as odd is that the behaviour of the man was almost akin to that of a highly motivated special forces soldier...

Are they setting up a showdown to ban militias? If a militia organisation could impart that kind of training... hell, recruit the lot of them and get 'em to train the US army!

Could be a false flag IMO... surely no amount of militia training can compare to that of spec ops- and this guy's actions scream of spec ops training to me. Maybe I'm just reading too much into it.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarkusMaximus
Do you believe this event would have transpired if tasers weren't used?

In other words: Would this soldier have flipped and shot two officers dead if he WASN'T tazed?

Well, the cops escliated it with the Taser. If they were going to tase him they should have cuffed him before letting up on the trigger. Stupid cops. I think they were just showing how "tough" they could be. Not so tough now huh?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
Could this be a cover story being cooked up? Why would a man who was going to be arrested for battery resort to killing policemen?

The other thing that strikes me as odd is that the behaviour of the man was almost akin to that of a highly motivated special forces soldier...

Are they setting up a showdown to ban militias? If a militia organisation could impart that kind of training... hell, recruit the lot of them and get 'em to train the US army!

Could be a false flag IMO... surely no amount of militia training can compare to that of spec ops- and this guy's actions scream of spec ops training to me. Maybe I'm just reading too much into it.

I lean towards the idea that this IS a coverup of some sort...

Often, when the offender is military personnel, there is an IMMEDIATE assumption on the part of the media (and even the viewing public) that the guy HAD to be mentally unstable, simply because of his military service.

More than likely, this guy felt threatened by two police officers who MIGHT not have shown the greatest degree of prudence...

HONESTLY, why try to apprehend, or even question, someone AT A SHOOTING RANGE????????????????

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Tasers hurt - I know.

If someone tazered me and I was armed - I would shoot the # out of them by reflex to stop the pain happening again.

I don't care if it was a cop or not.

I'd regret it after - but guys - if you knew how much they hurt you would see my point.

This is why tasers are bad - guess the cop learnt too late.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
This is why they need to market the Sticky gun, a fire extinguisher that sprays this Gelatinous, syrupy, sticky foamy substance. It would work alot better then a Tah-zer,

yes the extinguisher siZe is bulky, but im sure you could pack it into a one shot refillable gun size, maybe even sawed offed shotgun size, either way, what im getting at is why use something that can be resisted?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join