It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colbert Study: Conservatives Don't Know He's Joking

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
Well a part of your examples leads us that you suggest conservatism lacks comprehension of many things that are obvious to liberals

Well this is true that is why its a cognitive issue... and the same could be said in reverse.

But I do not see anything related in your post that might suggest a right or left brain relationship to what a person's political views are.

I was using it as an example of cognitive differences... not that political views are a right/left brain issue though that is an interesting idea.

I think you incorrectly associate extremism solely with right wing views and assume this applies to "a lot of conservatives",

Note that I said: while it is not solely a conservative act as it were...

So I guess then we can also assume that Michael Moore provides the moral foundation for all liberals.

Michael Moore does not attempt to speak for all liberals like mush loosebowels does posturing as the voice of the right... and even if he did most of us would pay him no mind.

I think we both know there are screwed up people on both sides.

The bottom line is extremism in any direction is a bad thing, and neither side lacks it.

This we can agree on.

[edit on 2-5-2009 by grover]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by FritosBBQTwist
You bash a whole group of people that you call conservatives, but you fail to realize you are actually bashing republicans.

Either you do not know the difference between the two words, or you are just trying to push your own agenda by insulting the other side.

Yes some times the truth hurts but that's no reason to cheapen it by labeling it a "bash" & "insulting". Who is responsible for Bush & Co's rise to power? ... conservatives/republicans. Sure, there are exceptions to the rule but most people who consider themselves conservative and republican were of ill informed mind and naive heart to vote for what took place these past 8 years... which we will be lucky to survive from.

Those who do not see the flaws of a 100% liberal government or a 100% conservative government do not recognize the corruptness that either side brings.

Both parties are a joke.

Agreed... so what's wrong with pointing out the idiocy of the party/group of people with the most self-absorbed myopic agenda on the table?

This thread points out the evidence and symptom of a like-minded group of people who we have good reason to be extra critical of. This doesn't mean that the democrat/liberals/progressives are exempt from examination, this thread just doesn't have anything to do with them... that's all. For those who need a reminder... this thread is titled very clearly "Colbert Study: Conservatives Don't Know He's Joking"... any further questions or confusion surround the topic at hand?

[edit on 2-5-2009 by The All Seeing I]

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join