It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colbert Study: Conservatives Don't Know He's Joking

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

Somehow I'm not surprised they have trouble telling him apart from a real conservative pundit as Colbert is a master. I usually don't like making things a partisan issue and I find that Colbert and his counter-part John Stewart are funniest when they poke fun at both parties (because it points out the inherent flaws in dividing up a nation by party rather than uniting it)...

Colbert's alligator allegations, hilarious

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
dont mean to kinda be off topic or whatever but lmfao i seen that episode or broadcast whatever you wanna call it... hillarious...

i gotta say if u do not watch steven coblert report PLEASE DO the shows hillarious hes funny as F$$$ . although i have no idea how that guy took him so seriously but wow good stuff.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
If you have a look at this article on the right-wing authoritarian personality, you might find a few personality traits listed that demonstrate why people who score high for RWA don't really get the Colbert Report.

And yeah, that White House Press Association dinner. It is utterly bizarre that he should have got that gig. I never really thought about it before. Very cool epilogue to the story.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I guess this is like when liberals go crazy or take seriously comments by Rush Limbaugh when he is in fact being facetious, sarcastic or just plain joking. Perhaps people deeply involved with politics on either side seem to miss the humour presented by the opposing party. Just a thought.

[edit on 4/29/2009 by WhatTheory]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Oreily Likes Colbert

Comedy gold.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
the study results are not surprising.
this is the same party that has appointed limbaugh as their de facto leader.
and limbaugh is not an entertainer/satirist. he's an entirely different brand of human being.

the party of no,as in no sense of humor, have become a joke.
the fact that posey chose to respond to colbert makes it even funnier.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE
Ill repeat

This is not constructive
The last thing we need right now is to be further divided

Peace
-E-

[edit on 28-4-2009 by MysterE]

Try not to take yourself too seriously. The most popular movies during the Great Depression were those that had a light/happy/humorous theme. People need the relief. And after 8 years without a president the whole country needs a break.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gawdzilla

Originally posted by MysterE
Ill repeat

This is not constructive
The last thing we need right now is to be further divided

Peace
-E-

[edit on 28-4-2009 by MysterE]

Try not to take yourself too seriously. The most popular movies during the Great Depression were those that had a light/happy/humorous theme. People need the relief. And after 8 years without a president the whole country needs a break.

Your right, or should I say correct (don't want to insult you). I just got through reading this post
Is Nancy Pelosi the angel of death?
and I have to admit, it was hilarious. I didn't reply b/c i'm hoping this political back and forth goes away. But maybe I am taking things too seriously. I almost died when the OP said

She looks like something straight out of the Book of Revelation.

Peace
-E-

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Other than "The Word" the funniest thing I've seen is when intervieing someone he will make some wildly outlandisg statement about something and the guest actually verifies that what he just said was true.
That moment of realization is pure gold.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.

(John Stuart Mill, English philosopher and economist, 1806-1873)

www.brainyquote.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by sebarud

I love the quote below that one

No slave is a slave to the same lengths, and in so full a sense of the word, as a wife is.

Haha brilliant! Guess things were different in the 1800's...

-E-

[edit on 29-4-2009 by MysterE]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by heather65
and limbaugh is not an entertainer/satirist.

Umm....yes, he is. That is why it's so funny that those like you don't get it. I guess it sort of verifies my earlier point & post.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheoryUmm....yes, he is. That is why it's so funny that those like you don't get it. I guess it sort of verifies my earlier point & post.

Limbaugh isn't a satirist, he's a satire. As one wit said, "He loves the institution of marriage so much he completed THREE of them, start to finish!"

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sebarud

Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.

www.brainyquote.com...

Wow, can I play also.

A moment's reflection shows that Liberalism is entirely negative. It is not a formative force, but always and only a disintegrating force.

Francis P. Yockey

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheoryUmm....yes, he is. That is why it's so funny that those like you don't get it. I guess it sort of verifies my earlier point & post.

Limbaugh isn't a satirist, he's a satire. As one wit said, "He loves the institution of marriage so much he completed THREE of them, start to finish!"

You just keep proving my point.

Zoom....right over your head.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

I'm a liberal, and a proud member of the Nation. And, I was born on the same day, month and year as Limbaugh, within twenty miles of him. So much for astrology.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

Yeah well, this reminds me of Kurt Vonnegut's novel MOTHER NIGHT where the protagonist pretending to be a an ardent Nazi winds up doing propaganda broadcasts (holding his nose, but evidently speaking so effectively that someone approaches him post-Reich and says something like "You are the reason I was a Nazi, you said it all so well etc.") leading to the (almost-overly-overt) moral of the novel CAREFUL WHAT YOU PRETEND TO BE BECAUSE ULTIMATELY THAT'S WHAT YOU ARE...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

I'm a liberal, and a proud member of the Nation. And, I was born on the same day, month and year as Limbaugh, within twenty miles of him. So much for astrology.

You don't have to tell me you're a liberal because I realized that almost immediately. Your last comment reminded me of another classic quote which I guess you are an exception.

Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has not heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains.

Winston Churchill

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

"Winston Churchill "

" Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative."

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

reply to post by WhatTheory

"Winston Churchill "

" Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative."

Why are you repeating a previous poster?
Cannot find a quote of your own?

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join