It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

desperately seeking soulmates.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by uk today

Smart

The littlest things have a killed a relationship or two for me... tiny stuff you don't think matters at first but really affects everything...

Education or mental capacity being by far the biggest though.

I once had the bright idea that a nice "simple" (that means stupid) girl would work for me...

ahhahahahahahahahahahaha

nope

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

So much of it depends on the universe aligning itself to run across that person at the right moment at the right place.

Urrhhhh
I have feeled sometimes that the universe wasn't very helpful and was joking with me :-D

At present it goes well

TheTilde

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

I gotta admit that intelligence does it for me as well

The thought of hooking up with someone who just wanted to watch brainless tv dross and the like, would have me running for that door !!
There has to be some physical attraction as well----but I believe that for a relationship to stand the test of time----the mind and personality wins hands down !!
But if that SM turns out to be hunky AND a genius---------
HAPPY DAYS !!

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

SM? What's this mean?

Anyway, have you found your soulmate yet? Is he on this site? You want me to set you up?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

SM? What's this mean?

Anyway, have you found your soulmate yet? Is he on this site? You want me to set you up?

Sorry for disturbing the flow of the thread.

SM=Soul Mate. Get the point?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

SM? What's this mean?

And pray who would you be settin me up with ??

No---please on second thoughts don't answer that one

And maybe I have found a SM on here or maybe I have'nt ???
I'm the keeper of secrets !!!

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by peacejet

Well, if people are going to use abbreviations on page 2, why not use them on page 1?

You type Soulmate on one post and then you type SM on another post... this just confuses the issue

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Keeper of secrets? Can't you tell me who you would love to be your SM? It's only a small secret and i won't tell anyone

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

We only do it to confuse you

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Keeper of secrets? Can't you tell me who you would love to be your SM? It's only a small secret and i won't tell anyone

NO NO NO

Maybe though you'd like to share with the whole world who you'd like as your SM ( that's soul mate ) on here !!!!
You first

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I definetly think its very much possible. Especially when you have to rely just on a mental level. I had thought I found my soulmate online awhile back, and I still think I did. But we had to part ways and we only talk once in a great while now.

Ive read some pretty amazing stories about how people met there soulmate that would give you goosebumps. Stories that show fate is definetly in the works. Ill have to find some and post them.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I'm under the impression that "soulmates" might not exsist in reality, more so only in that word. Of course I'm a hopless romantic who has been heart broken more times then I'd like to admit. I think I might be a bit jadded though because the idea of finding my "soulmate" is an overwhelmingly joyful one.

I do believe that things happen for a reason, so I am not discounting the possibility of meeting one's "soulmate" on the net but I would lean more to the reality of a person to person meeting out of situational means or something of the like.

With the good comes the bad and vice versa, and to note I tried the dating sites and found nothing but dissapointment, be cautious of them. I'd rather meet sombody in person and go from there as I currently have but even still I have my contentions as well as trust issues of my own that I have to contend with. The internet expanded communications for people but real life will always overcome, and too bad for us (all) that our society has taken a different stance on the family unit and mongomous relationships in general.

Look at the divorce rate for example, it's almost like people have become dispossable and there's so many oppertunities for people to devote more time to their jobs then their own families, it's a shame if you ask me, but don't take my word for it. I wish all luck in life and love, love is key to our exsistance and slowly it's being snuffed out and relplced by shiney gadgets and longer commutes, expensive homes beyond what we really need to live our daily lives.

They allow couples to become swamped in debt thus causing fights and arguments over the situation, we have certain music reaching our younger children encouraging them to become sexually aware at naieve ages and because mom and dad both work obscene hours to make ends meet, their left with only their peers for guidance.

Bottom line is that I feel love (true love) is slowly being snuffed out and replaced. So sad.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

Hey alyosha

Thanks for your input on this.
I agree with you that the pursuit of material gains is having a very detrimental affect on family life and moralistic values.
I'm goin through a break-up at the mo, but my daughter is now 18 and is independent. I stayed unhappy in my marriage because I wanted her to feel secure and provided for in her early teenage yrs.
I had her at a very young age---i was skint and sacrifices had to be made.
I've been subjected to quite a few yrs of not physical but more mental abuse, so feel no guilt on gettin out now.
But I'd love to start datin again and have thought bout the dating sites just to kick it off, cos I'll be movin to a new area and won't know many people.

I guess I'd be really lucky if I did actually meet a soul mate---but I am an optimist and a romantic

And will probably get my heart broken again many times !!!!
But as they say---better to have loved and lost than never loved at all.

x

top topics

<< 1   >>

join