It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

desperately seeking soulmates.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Just a theory...?
I got thinkin the other day----what would be the chance of meeting your actual soul mate through cyberspace?
It's just that in the "real world" when you are attracted to someone you usually connect on the physical level in most cases.
Eye contact, smell, touch etc.
But on here you connect totally using the mind.
It's said that the mind is the soul.
So it would seem on that basis that the chances would increase dramatically of two soul mates coming together?
Plus of course the internet opens up the whole world for souls to seek out each other.
Just a theory...?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
It could be interesting since as you say you have none of the other senses to help out. That could be a good thing too, no preconceptions based on looks.

I am married so hopefully I wont meet my soul mate on the internet, or maybe I will.. that is for another debate

I have met some wonderful girlfriends both here and on another site. I have meet many in RL and they were as wonderful as on the internet.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Hey hun...

I think it's just as likely that we meet our soul mates online...I did!
If that is your intention, and it seems to work very well, it has a good chance of happening.

It's worth remembering that we have many soulmates, and there is not just one being we are meant to connect with. This doesn't mean many romantic partners necessarily, but will include close friends, family and even business partners. We are all here incarnated by choice with our soul group, and many of them will turn up in our lives, however it happens. The internet is as good a place as any, and you're right...we do get to know people much better, sometimes a long time before we meet them physically.

Just my pennie's worth!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by uk today

I did meet my soulmate in Cyberspace. Initially it was posting on a forum, then Instant Messenger, then webcams and microphones which lead to face to face. It truly hurts that she passed away before our getting married.

So yes, it's very possible. I will agree though that it's hard to tell. Things get better when you can see and hear each other. It won't be till you meet that person face to face (and be with them for some time together) though before you'll truly know.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Deson

Oh my heart goes out to you xx
How tragic that you lost her.
Maybe you can take some comfort in the thought that she could be watching over you right now and I'm sure she will be there waiting for you one day.
take care of yourself x

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

Hi sweetie

Interesting that you mention that we have numerous soul mates to connect to in life.
When I first met my closest friend I was working with the homeless and she walked in the door for a job interview there. It felt like we had known each other forever.
I can't describe it but it was such a weird feeling.
we just instantly connected and have been close ever since.
Maybe we met in some other life?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Soulmates ...

It always reminds me of the George Michael lyric ...

"Turn a different corner and we never would have met"

So much of it depends on the universe aligning itself to run across that person at the right moment at the right place. But if one's heart is perpetually open to the possibility it can happen anywhere and everywhere.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

hi there sd

I see where you're coming from on the fate side and you're probably right that it's just destiny if we meet "The one".
and I always keep this heart open to all possibilities!
I saw a really good spiritualist a few years ago. She did'nt charge me a penny and was spot on with things she could'nt possibly have known about me. It has haunted me in a way ever since cos she told me my SM was called James.
I have looked out for him since that day--never found him.
I'll keep looking.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by uk today

hi there sd

I see where you're coming from on the fate side and you're probably right that it's just destiny if we meet "The one".

This conversation could turn "deep" quickly.

Actually it's not so much that I believe in "fate" or "destiny," words like that are so heavy with conceptualization, in fact so is the word "soulmate." It really means something different to every person and is only a retrospectively based descriptive term. Much like "happiness" it can only be acknowledged post fact. So "soulmate" as a concept doesn't have any real meaning until one has experienced that emotional/physical/intellectual/etc connection with another being and then looks back on it in those terms. And if and whenever that happens it is a different type of connection anyway depending on the dynamics of said connection with that specific person.

Also as you have experienced with "James", such attachment to concepts like "love/soulmate" can generate a lot of unnecessary pressure and expectations.

It might be more suitable to replace "fate/destiny" with "potentiality." That way every person you run across in RL or the internet is their own "James" with their own connectivity potential ... who knows, you might find out that there is even more beautiful connections than "soulmate" for which we don't even have a word for.

I'll keep looking.

You can if you want to but it doesn't really work that way.

Just be you, present in the moment, without fear of consequence, and without expectations.

It's all good.

Edit to add: I provide complementary "soulmate" bridging services, so until the moment manifests, I am always here and available for a chat.

[edit on 28 Apr 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Not to be glib, but "we" are always looking. Like SD said who is to say when you meet this person, just hope it is at the right time.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Blogstalker

I really agree here...it's part of who we are a humans to seek...and if we know on a soul level that there is someone we have agreed to meet here at some point, then it does work like that.

UK...if you have a look on the ATS media portal, you will find the Michael Newton vids. He's a hypnotherapist who has done many years of research into reincarnations issues, and his talk about it, like his books, is fascinating. The books and vids are called Journey of Souls and Destiny of Souls.

The experience you had with the girl you met could well be soul group stuff. And funnily enough, I have a James too...I know we're part of the smae group, and we recognised each other instantly, but we're not in touch just now, and it will only ever be friendship. Will be happy to blether on u2u about this one if you like...I'm not about to lay it open to cynicism here!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

AAWWWW SHro, now you're dangerously close to making all the ATS gals here get a crush on you spouting those little pearls of wisdom.

To those on the soul mate quest....
We are all soul mates, connected one way or another inexplicably, but some we get on with better than others....Living in the NOW is the way to happiness, searching makes you feel 'I'm lacking'.
Take pleasure in laughing with a friend, patting your dog, playing with or acting like kids, call your folks, anything ... Making the boring mudane everyday pleasurable is how you attract 'the one' / though I believe there are lots of 'the ones' in a lifetime that you share certain aspects of your life with.

Dr Zazz Prescription...Promise to laugh or smile at least every hour every day at anything. Smiling is your most attractive feature.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   

If treat and believe your love like a soulmate, he/she will become the soulmate you ever wanted, unless that one you have is useless piece of $#@! robot with no heart!!

Scientifically, we tend to be very attracted to ones which share many similarities with, starting with facial features, then personality, smell, and find them to be the most attractive and pleasant to be with, while other people don't find it that way towards the same person. Hence, "Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder"

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
There was someone for me... a possible soulmate.
It was around 5 years ago and he was a Gardener
for some neighbours two houses down.

I remember that he would smile at me as he mowed
the lawns. The hot sun, the lapping of the pool and the
drone of the grass-cutter are memories that even now,
make me quiver! (forgive me please)

His name was Morton and his eyes told me of secrets
that I'm sure I once knew in another place... or time.
I know it was him that left the gift at the door of the
house, and I know it was for me... he was my soulmate.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Edit to add: I provide complementary "soulmate" bridging services, so until the moment manifests, I am always here and available for a chat.

what kind of service do you provide?

soulmates?
hm first i guess it should be defined what a soulmate is.
in my opion: a part of my soul family.
as a body or RL family can have many members: close and far relatvies so the soul family can be as big as any other family.

so i won.t just meet 1 soulmate in my life hopefully many.

my ex-hubby met some people via internet, he talked with them on the phone, and than we drove a 700 km ride to meet them in person.
i never had had any contact with them, but when we drove into the little street where they used to live i saw a couple coming out of the house, and i knew the very moment that i knew her, but i had never seen her in that body.
actually those where the people my hubby had met.

and the girl and i became very close friends, and she even got the pictures right out of my mind when i described something of my past.

i guess meeting soulmates via web is like meeting friends via web,
you usually figure out very soon if you are able to get along with each other.

and when believing the theory that we are all one, it doesn.t matter if we meet via body or as souls or via web.
we are one and we are together - ghee that sounds strange and esoteric.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by orange-light
... it doesn.t matter if we meet via body or as souls or via web.
we are one and we are together - ghee that sounds strange and esoteric.

...and true!

Ok, yes, the internet is just another way to come into contact with a soul mate.

If one definition of a soul mate is "life partner", then finding my second husband via the internet would certainly count. This was 11 years ago, through a dating site. We emailed over a month before we could meet. He said via email that "it didn't matter if I was ugly, he loved me already".

But...I had given up finding my "True Love" and was just looking for a gigolo, when I decided to check the button for a younger age group. haha it turned out that I had answered a really old ad of his...he was the same age as me! If I hadn't checked off that age group, I never would have met him...but I believe it was meant to be...Life can work in ways one can't imagine!

OTOH I know people who thought they had met their Life Partner via the internet, flew to meet this person, and got on the first plane back, not even leaving the airport.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I wold say it's possible...... mind you i have been chatting on this thing for a few years now and have met many online.... never met any offline!! It comes to a point where you feel you are wasting your time or just trying too hard!!!

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I wold say it's possible...... mind you i have been chatting on this thing for a few years now and have met many online.... never met any offline!! It comes to a point where you feel you are wasting your time or just trying too hard!!!

Well it's great that you've met loads of soulmates online.
There is someone on here that I am sure is one of my soulmates--but who knows ??

I've had relationships in the " real world " but I can't honestly say that any of them have been SM experiences !!
Apart from my best friend.
I'm still waiting for that WOW moment, when I connect with someone 100%----someone I feel complete with !!
Where are you ??

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I think your chances are allot better than rl... all my hookups in rl tend to be all about lust and companionship off the grid.

Lets face it a few billion people on the net... maybe a few hundred at your local gin joint or laundromat or wherever you go out, one way your going to do allot more settling baring luck of course.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
I think your chances are allot better than rl... all my hookups in rl tend to be all about lust and companionship off the grid.

Lets face it a few billion people on the net... maybe a few hundred at your local gin joint or laundromat or wherever you go out, one way your going to do allot more settling baring luck of course.

Yes--that's why I did this thread, because I think its inevitable somewhere along the line that you would meet that " special " someone
It's the mind and personality that would connect initially----and they are so important in the long term survival of a relationship.
Don't get me wrong--the lust factor is amazing, but at some point the honeymoon period fades--sad but true

<<   2 >>

join