It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan, The Taliban, Nuclear Weapons and The Plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
While we all worry ourselves about swine flu, things are getting close to crisis point in Pakistan.

For some time now, the Taliban have been moving out of border areas and siezing more and more territory in mainland Pakistan. They are now less than 60 miles from Islamabad - the capitol and seat of power.

In the following days, Pakistan may see an attempted coup from the Taliban, which if successful would place Pakistan's nuclear arsenal in the hands of a faction that is actively fighting a war against the US. I have little doubt that should this occur, they will not hesitate to use them against the US, India, and occupied areas of Afghanistan/Iraq.

This has clearly been 'allowed' to happen. The US have sat and watched the Taliban expand into Pakistan for months now while only taking 'action' to keep them at bay on the Afghan side - something of a token effort when it's clear the Taliban have no real desire anymore to take back Afghanistan and are clearly focussing efforts on Pakistan.

There is much sympathy with the Taliban in Pakistand, particularly in the Islamabad area - and much dissatisfaction with the current government. Much of the Pakistani military and intelligence complex is also sympathetic to the Taliban.

If they reach Islamabad - one can be certain they WILL seize power.

All while the world is looking the other way and worried about swine-flu...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I think there is a little more to the story than what appears on the surface.

The taliban will be the perfect fall guy for a false flag.
Somehow I believe that the US or one of its allies will be hit with a nuke, probably the US because it would generate more hate and fear with the US people.

People have to see something to believe it, so chances are it will be on US soil.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Dutty_Rag

You need to do better research grasshopper. The day "after" they infiltrated and took over that region 60 miles from the capital, Pakistan sent the Army in force and the Taliban withdrew back to the Swat Valley. As to what happens in the near future, who knows, but they are no longer "60 miles from the capital".

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zenagain
reply to post by Dutty_Rag

You need to do better research grasshopper. The day "after" they infiltrated and took over that region 60 miles from the capital, Pakistan sent the Army in force and the Taliban withdrew back to the Swat Valley. As to what happens in the near future, who knows, but they are no longer "60 miles from the capital".

I'm watching on the BBC now - Pakistan is undertaking air strikes on the Swat Valley right now as, quote, "militants regain territory formally occupied in the last few days close to Islamabad".

I'm not wrong on this one. Interestingly the Pakistani military are pretty much aligned with the Taliban. That's the scary thing, they will NOT hold them back as there just arn't enough loyal troops who will stand against them when the SHTF...

This is happening right now yet the only coverage is a small report on the BBC.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Also - I don't have to remind you about the Mumbai attacks and all the crap about the attackers been clean shaven Caucasian looking males with sophisticated weaponry clearly trained in tactical assault...

Is this the next evolution of that project? Are the pieces of the puzzle coming together?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
It could all be part of a plan to expand the Afghan War into Pakistan. Who knows?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I found a linky for you....

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
What would the Taliban do if they captured Pakistan and had access to fire nuclear missiles?

Would the USA nuke Pakistan before they got them?

Would the Taliban launch them against US forces in Iraq?

Would they target Israel?

Would they just try to do a specter and hold the world for ransom?

Or do they have no chance in hell of even getting close to taking over Pakistan?

Anyone have any theories about this one?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I don't think that we (The U.S.) would launch nukes at them. Why bother when we could use India as a proxy?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
What are the delivery methods of Pakistany nukes? It would be kinda tough to hit US soil I would think but all we need are some more suicide bombers loaded up with nukes now heh.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
They don't have missiles that could hit our home soil, but there are other ways to deliver a nuke. There's also the matter of fact that we have a large number of military bases and troops in the region. If those were wiped out, I think the U.S.'s role in the power balance of the region would be severely set back.

However, the real nightmare scenario isn't what they would do to us. With Pakistan's arsenal and the delivery methods that would be available to them, they could never completely destroy the United States. The real problem is what they might do to India.

The Taliban would not be able to hold control of Pakistan without the support of regional leadership, which means they'd have to support the goals of Pakistan's extremist population. One of those goals is to take Kashmir back from India. The two countries have fought wars before, but never with nuclear weapons.

The good news is that the United States has already implemented a plan of action in the event that Pakistan falls to extremists.

U.S. Retains Hidden Grip on Pakistan's Nukes

With Islamabad's agreement, the U.S. installed unbreakable safety codes in Pakistan’s nukes. U.S. agents infiltrated weapons-making front companies and inserted parts or software that can render weapons inoperable. And U.S. ‘snatch teams’ kidnap rogue scientists. The photo shows anti-nuke demonstrators dressed like nuclear missiles marching in Washington, D.C. (KRT Photos via Newscom)

With Pakistan's political instability spreading, nervous concern has mounted over the fate of Islamabad's nuclear arsenal should Taliban sympathizers gain power within the Pakistan military, but under the terms of secret agreements, U.S. personnel have been stationed in Pakistan whose sole function is to guarantee and secure the safety of Islamabad's nuclear arsenal and keep it out of the hands of terrorists, according to several serving and former U.S. officials.

That should answer the OP's question pretty clearly: In the event that Pakistan falls, control of their nuclear program will fall into the hands of the U.S., not the Taliban.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Just the phrase "taliban launching nukes" makes me chuckle...
Sooo many of you are so uninformed about this issue, and TOTALLY unaware of the US-Brit's true power.. The world has been shown less than half of what they are capable of. The ONLY way the talbuns would be able to launch (haha) nukes at anyone is if it was allowed by the PTB to justify more.. Brutal and swift action's somewhere else.

The world has been Purposely shown a dumbed down version of US capabilities.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
That has made me laugh.
If the Coalition has so much power at its disposial why is there still a war on?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Why? Two reasons:

1. Because it's making the right people a fortune.

"The right people" are definitely not us, the citizens. We're in a severe recession and most companies are doing poorly. But "the right people" are the ones in control of the show here, and they make money off of war. More importantly, they keep nations divided using war - and divided, people are easier to control.

2. Because the war is still being fought on the political and diplomatic front.

What that means, is we're still attempting to push forward with the "hearts and minds" philosophy. The coalition's concerns are split between winning the war, and looking like the good guys. That means no carpet bombing, no leveling cities, no walling off neighborhoods, no shutting off food supplies to hostile neighborhoods, and no attacks on infrastructure.

If the coalition weren't concerned with image, it could do all those things and the insurgencies would collapse.

new topics

top topics

join