It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough is Enough!! Kill The Swines!! (no more swine-flu threads!!!)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
The link is...
today @ ATS w/flu inoculation
Just use that if you prefer to view recent ATS posts without the swine flu infection.

Ahh, took me a minute to find it even knowing that it was there somewhere. Any chance we could get the text changed to a brighter color so that it's easier to see?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MCoG1980
is this the latest addition to your merchandise

Yes... the special ATS anti-flu masks with built-in blue tooth headset will be on sale in the ATS merchandise store shortly.

Also on sale for a special price will be the AboveTopSecret.com Get Out Of FEMA Camp Free Card, good for one exit from FEMA detainment... however, we cannot guarantee its effectiveness at the camps with the plastic coffins.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
ATS has become swine flu-saturated!
Forget the epidemic out there in the real world... What about the pandemic sweeping ATS right here? I'd say THIS is a crisis which demands immediate attention! Something must be done to "quarantine" all the swine flu threads before this spreads any further!
I just hope it isn't already too late!

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mostlyspoons

LOL!!
.........I would give you an applause and stars if I could.I wanted to say this but didn't want to get flamed,lol.I am sick of it too,it is ridiculous,lol.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Yes... the special ATS anti-flu masks with built-in blue tooth headset will be on sale in the ATS merchandise store shortly.

Also on sale for a special price will be the AboveTopSecret.com Get Out Of FEMA Camp Free Card, good for one exit from FEMA detainment... however, we cannot guarantee its effectiveness at the camps with the plastic coffins.

- Awesome, i wish to reserve my official ATS anti-flu mask now......i anticipate you may not be able to cope with the demand

love it

[edit on 29-4-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Get used to it, this swine flu could go on for months ,

Its going to be a mainstay

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I actually haven't seen any of the swine flu threads. I know it's happening, but since the threads have a board of their own, I'm ignoring it all. Buying into the hype means you are buying into the fear and panic.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by mostlyspoons
The board has come to resemble a spooked flock with all the running about screaming "Oh em GEEZ!! We're all gonna get the pig disease and DIE!!"

What we're seeing is no different than previous times of intense crisis, concern, fear, and alarm. Throughout ATS's history, there's been many examples of when one particular has consumed the entire site for days, or more.

The number of threads and posts is to be expected when a significant news event such as this is happening... and this is significant. I've seen conflicting reports where some people are concerned that many are spending too much time on the story... while health experts are equally concerned not enough time is being spent. There's a real danger of this new strain mutating into something much more deadly as it spreads as freely as it is.

We've been getting some very nice compliments on how well we're responding here, by quickly compartmentalizing the topic, and giving those who are concerned, the tools they need to follow new topics and research the various angles of the problem.

However, that being said, you probably didn't notice the new link on the Recent Posts page that provides an inoculated look at the recent posts list. The link is...
today @ ATS w/flu inoculation
Just use that if you prefer to view recent ATS posts without the swine flu infection.

The mask. That's...

I laughed so hard I sound like a pig.

werps...

Like I haven't seen anyone wearing a mask yet, but if I do I'll say to them:

"Thanks for that. I don't want you coughing all over the place, you know because you look kind of run down, and you're running a fever..."

Something like that.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by mostlyspoons

This in itself is a swine flu' thread. What do you have to say for yourself? The hype is just that, but why they hype, why they choose to do so at this time, is why we all are into scientific method at this time. Attempt to marginalize us and you become someone who, say, can't wait for the next season of Dancing with the Stars.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
The paranoia ( that's exactly what it is) is absolutely ridiculous as even a small fraction of independent research will show that this isn't and never was a bigger threat that the last (H5N1) flu' pandemic' which called all of 250 odd people. What should be discussed is how and why we are not talking about the AT LEAST 3000 people that dies each die ( and have done so for decades while treatments were available) from Maleria. As it stands your chance of getting struck by ligtning was phenomenally higher than catching ( to say nothing of dying) the last non event of a flu; that happens to be my lay opinion about this one as well.

All the attention to 'swine flue' ( poor pigs) is in my opinion plain embarressing and next time a member calls other people 'sheep' i will make a point to check out their posts/beliefs around this 'pandemic'.

As for the mask , Springer, that's NOT helping! Since it may be a ironic stab at all this sheep like behaviour i wont say more...

Stellar

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Now that one made me laugh, so i guess we will be seeing a new Monopoly game with various diseases which we can play lovingly with our family members... " Haha, you just got swine flu now give me those Hospitals on Park Lane."

I would like to pose a question, if this virus transformed itself and was living in female dogs would it be called
" Bitch Flu"

[edit on 30-4-2009 by tristar]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
You mean: NO MORE DUPLICATE SWINEFLUE THREADS!

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Excellent S.O.

Would it also be possible for ATS to produce, "Get INTO FEMA Camps Free Cards? You know for those of us who's lives aren't going all that well or just want to have the experience of containment camp living?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!!

You should give out those masks!
I want one for my avatar.
How do I get one?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
So hows the weather ? What about them boys (Cowboys ) lol .....(this is what they say in Texas to change the subject ) which gets old too .....

Some people are freaking out ..some are not taking it all serious enough ..
What are we to do ?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I agree its all a bit much, and yes the admin are doing a good job but there are plenty of threads that can be just done away with all together, just wording things different is still a dupiclate.
Out of curiosity is there a way we can ignore the whole swine flu/pandemic board, its getting harder and harder to filter through to anything else.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by pazcat]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I think we all need some sanity and chill out time

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/bad1374094cf0cf8.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by mostlyspoons
Enough is ENOUGH!! KILL THE SWINES!! (no more swine-flu threads!!!
There are many worthy issues out there that deserve as much or more of our attention!

Spot on!!
I'm now getting SICK of seeing a gazillion or more new threads on ATS EVERY TIME I log in! Darn! Why can't it all be put under just a couple of threads? Is it too much to ask?

If I haven't died of swine-flu so far, I sure will now, what with an overdose of swine-flu threads on ATS! Jeeezus!

STOP THE TORTURE!! Pllleaaasssse!!

[edit on 30-4-2009 by mikesingh]

[edit on 30-4-2009 by mikesingh]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Has no one seen my post on the previous page?

There's an easy way to remove the swine flu topics from the recent posts page.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join