It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm learning to meditate and astral project, a few questions

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by dmorgan
About half way through I felt a sensation that I was slowly spinning around. After that I experienced a rocking sensation, which felt like my body was rocking from side to side. At this stage my body temperature skyrocketed and I felt really hot, like I was burning.

Nothing else happened after that, I kept trying to deepen the state I was in but I couldn't do it. My heart was beating too fast because of the excitement but it was really distracting me.

How can I progress to the next step of maybe leaving my body? The increased heart rate makes my breathing get out of control and I gave up in the end. I'll try it again tonight, but any tips would really be appreciated

Your right on track buddy, everything you describe is exactly what happens to me...as your heart races and it feels like your body is spinning in itself (this can sometimes make you sick) you need to EMBRACE it and WANT it...any negative thought, distraction or denial will break your concentration! this will only continue for around 1-2mins depending on how deep in trance you are from here effects can really vary from person to person....but you will notice your legs and arms begin to feel loose (but this is not projecting) and you may see a bright white light or random colors and images.
-What happens next is the hardest part.
You will black out for about 2 seconds as if you are asleep and this is when astral projection begins for me...BUT the slightest distraction and/or negative thought can 'jolt' you back to your physical body...and by the word 'jolt' i really mean that, it feels as though you have been hit by a powerful electric charge and can cause you to be disorientated anxious almost like somebody has slapped you in the face to wake you up. But if you happen to project out fully then you have done it. Its all an enlightening and personal journey that i really don't think there is any words to describe what you will experience.
Peace out David.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by Griffo515]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
hey everyone, i just got a -1000 points for making a negative statement on someones post....i DO regret it, im sorry, but as for astral projection, ive had several dreams....i had a pre 9/11 dream (2 years prior) that was either 9/9/01 or 9/9/01 i just would like some help to "hack into" abilities....please help...(to the MOD)...this is on post,i am truly looking for help...please...anyone...other than my 9.11 dream, many other things have come true....other than family members that can vouge for me, i dont have anything else,....i only help people will believe me, can anyone guide me??

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
hey everyone, i just got a -1000 points for making a negative statement on someones post....i DO regret it, im sorry, but as for astral projection, ive had several dreams....i had a pre 9/11 dream (2 years prior) that was either 9/9/01 or 9/9/01 i just would like some help to "hack into" abilities....please help...(to the MOD)...this is on post,i am truly looking for help...please...anyone...other than my 9.11 dream, many other things have come true....other than family members that can vouge for me, i dont have anything else,....i only help people will believe me, can anyone guide me??

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

It's possible that your body reacts differently to your soul projecting outward, so you might receive an injury that feels something like a slap when it is really a feeling coming from your body, inside.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by PeterGriffin

"hack into" abilities?!

unless your natural ability is some form of mimicry, you really can't do that. From what I know, mimicry is when you have the ability to "pick up" on people's residual energy around you and use the abilities associated with their energies.

precognitive dreams aren't all that uncommon, in fact, I think it's one of the most common gifts around. I have two or three EACH DAY, and many of them get fulfilled within the week, if not month.

If you want to develop more abilities, you gotta train them. Like dmorgan's learning how to astral project now, and I'm trying to develop empathic gifts. Some are more natural, like precognition and psychometry are to me, so you have to find your natural gift and train it.

And please forget about "hacking" into people's gifts. It's not encouraged, particularly because it's not been very viable so far, VERY difficult to do, requires a LOT of energy that will drain you like crazy just squinting and focusing, and also... people wouldn't like it.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by KarlG]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by dmorgan

Yeah, sounds pretty much like it... all I know is that VERY slight things can jolt you out of the "projection" trance.

Also, I don't know much about the fluoride thing. You sure fluoride causes problems for A.P.? Hmmm...

And dmorgan, you are one hell of a looker.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
If you can't get through the "feelings", you arent ready to project. Projection is a very real thing. You will usually be tested for fear before you can fully project.

Keep working at it and remember nothing will hurt or harm you. If you think it will, you just aren't ready because what happens in the "astral state" is a mental construct. Your thoughts are things. Negative thoughts will manifest. Get past the fear and engage the expeirence. Let go. Intellectually processing it will hinder your progress.

Meditation isn't about what you do, it's about what you don't do. Everyone is born with the ability to meditate. It gets clouded and blocked as you grow older by beliefs and fears you gain. Just keep practicing on letting go. The key is to make an intent and let that intent guide the experience. Nothing you intellectually do will be of any benefit to you. A mantra of visualization is JUST to focus your intellect and quiet it. If you can stop thinking, you are meditating.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
KarlG: Um thanks lol... I hope you're a chick? Going by the name I guess you're not

tobiascore: I don't really have a fear about it, more excitement.

---

The night before last I was listening to some binaural beats and I got to the point where I couldn't feel my body. I could move it, but I couldn't feel the sheets and pillow etc, nearly at the paralysis stage? I read somewhere that when you go into paralysis there is a really loud ringing sound in your ears, I think that was in Caveman's astral projection guide - thanks heaps for that too

I also read about a technique where you imagine you are falling down a well... I was visualising jumping into the Grand Canyon over and over again just to try this out. Whenever I left the ledge and started falling, the ringing in my ears amplified, it got really loud, then got quieter and as I started over.

Didn't really get anywhere past there that night.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
GhostR1der sent me an excellent astral projection ebook, thanks
Here is a section that really stood out to me:

Meeting Guides

We can meet out non-physical helper. These are known by many names: Guides, Mentors, Guardian Angels, Protectors, or simply Helpers.

They are enlightened beings that live in the Astral dimension, but accompany us with the goal of helping us.

In general, the great majority of people today are not able to perceive the presence of these beings, but during Astral Projection, you can see them and even hold a discussion with them.

This takes me back a few months when I first started meditating. During the meditation I felt a hand touch my shoulder and rest there, like it was comforting me.

Then a few weeks ago I had sleep paralysis for the first time. I was lying on my side under the sheets because it was cold, but my arm was sticking out the side. I was paralyzed but I could move my eyes. What happened next amazed me. This entity came through the ceiling of my room and grabbed hold of my exposed wrist with both it's hands, and start to "pull me out".

The odd thing about this was, I was under the sheets but I could see through the duvet and I saw this thing come into my room. I could make out a humanoid form - head, arms legs etc, but it looked kind of foggy or smokey. It had long blonde wavy hair and I instantly knew it was female, like I knew who it was! I fell asleep after being awake for about ten seconds, so I don't know what happened next.

Apparently sleep paralysis is a great time to exit the body. Maybe I was half out, because I could see this spirit?

Could this have been my "spirit guide" trying to pull my astral body out of my physical body, assisting me? It was only a couple of days previous to that, that I started studing astral projection. I am not 100% convinced that they exist because it sounds a bit cheesy, but what else could it have been? I had a strong feeling this thing was trying to help me.

It may sound crazy but it was the most amazing experience of my life. After reading this part of the ebook last night, I was like oh my god!

[edit on 4/5/09 by dmorgan]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by dmorgan

A word of Warning!

If you think that book and it's recommendation of spirit helpers is savvy, think again. I have 4 decades experience of AP, and I wish to assure you that 1st-thru-4th-[cusp]-5th Dimensionals Consume LifeForce (yours and everyone's) for their Sustenance (to stay 'alive in the 4th D). Any etheric-astral helpers you may encounter will desire to appear friendly and helpful at first, in order to get close to you, and while you sleep, will connect to your Energetic Central Light Core Shaft and consume your lifeforce...people eat to live...etheric-astral beings (All) must consume to 'live'...etherial beings must consume to 'live' (stay alive in the level they are located).

Learn your White Light Shielding & Repelling methods, or else.

You will become a fast victim, regardless of your 'upright nature and strong will,' if you do not understand this. Read the following (or portions) threads, or sections of them:
www.abovetopsecret.com...'
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

That www crook, Monroe Institute, put out a claimer that there was absolutely no danger to the astral projector...just to sell his/their ap methods & devices. There is no greater lie! Find out for yourself, months, years hence. You may be fine for a short while, then you will get awakened to the reality of it...a walk in the park late at night for a young girl carrying a purse full of thousands, in any large city, would be immeasurably safer, compared to what you are unknowingly (innocently/ignorantly) attempting...especially welcoming 'spirit guides' into your personal area.

Whatever, live & learn...many pay the price for not knowing the facts, or having sufficient knowledge of the etheric-astral Greater Realms. Why do you think your Soul is called 'The Dweller On The Threshold' of the etheric-astral Greater Realm? It's there to scare you Off until your Wisdom is sufficient to deal with what will be encountered there.

Remove All entities from your immediate area (via Will & command), 'helpers' or otherwise. Or get ready for a Surprise.

This message is to All reading. Learn before you Leap.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by SS,Naga]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Guys, I think I nearly made it out tonight, I experienced some new sensations that were so powerful, what do you think?

I was feeling really relaxed and I started listening to these binaural beats I have (sound of a waterfall with birds, which help relax you I think, then the beats are mixed in with it all). To me, this clip gives me the most success. I am trying to do this without the beats too, a couple of times a week.

Twenty minutes in, I get to the stage where I feel weightless and tingly. I feel slight vibrations in muscles around my body (especially stomach) that don't last long, but they feel quite intense. I imagined that my body was rotating around my waste, so my head turned to where my feet were, and just went in circles. After completing the first rotation I felt dizzy and lightheaded. Then I felt the rocking sensation that I've experienced before. As I kept imagining this, suddenly my temperature skyrocketed and my heart rate increased to a rate I've never experienced before, I thought that if it went any faster I would have a heart attack (apparently this is a pre-projection sign).

Then as all this is going on, I get the most intense sexual arousal feeling down there like you wouldn't believe. It was more intense than a real life orgasm and the whole feeling spread throughout my body, damn it felt good
I did a quick google search and found this information...

Some of the most common signs of impending astral projection include physical paralysis, tingling or vibrating sensations, buzzing or roaring sounds and sexual arousal. As projection becomes imminent, one may also feel one's limbs or entire being beginning to grow very light or "lift" up.

Sexual Arousal

Along with those waves of energy, I experienced another common sensation just prior to astral projection: some may call it sexual arousal, though I think a better term would be "energetic ecstasy." It's similar to the feeling of an orgasm as it builds, but it is suffused throughout your entire being: your body, your aura, your heart, your mind: everything you consider "you" and then some. This ecstatic energy courses through you in waves and builds until you lift out of the body.

The French call orgasm a "little death." I think this is apt, because at the moment of climax, we seem to expand and merge with All That Is. Perhaps the sexual arousal that often precedes astral projection is the feeling of merging with a part of ourselves that is far more expansive and free than the physical.

I still can't get over how intense and GOOD this felt!!! Just as this paragraph says, it takes over your whole body and made me feel like I've never felt before. At this point I truly thought I was about to lift out, but I got the urge to use the loo and my mouth got really dry. These things kinda distracted me so I ended it there.

I hope you guys don't think I'm a sicko our anything but this is what happened. I never expected to get a sexual feeling from this. Has anyone else felt this before? This astral projection thing is amazing so far!

Source

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by dmorgan

You sicko!!

Haha, yeah lots of interesting things happen when meditating and Astral projecting and lucid dreams. It's natural.

But your experience is interesting... not that I'm a sicko or anything!

[edit on 5-5-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
reply to post by dmorgan

You sicko!!

Haha, yeah lots of interesting things happen when meditating and Astral projecting and lucid dreams. It's natural.

But your experience is interesting... not that I'm a sicko or anything!

[edit on 5-5-2009 by _Phoenix_]

Ah good to know

I'm going to buy one of Robert Monroe's books this week. I've read reviews that say Far Journeys is the best, but is it a series? Should I start with Journeys Out Of The Body, then get Far Journeys and Ultimate Journey?

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Hi OP and all

I tried astral projection some time back with no great results, i did get the weird sensations but that was about it, i have a lot of trouble relaxing. I have however had some great experiences since then including lucid dreams and most recently out of body experiences with out trying. In brief, the first time it happened, i'd had trouble sleeping, then i feel this amazing tingly feeling all over and remember going back to the astral travel stuff i read and tried previously so i thought this was it, i could leave the body. i tried and it was hard to get up, the feeling intensified avery attempt, then i do get up, walk to look at my self. My wife got out of bed and went to the bathroom past me. The last time it happened (only days since) i was a sleep then the next thing i hear this really loud noise like selotape being pulled off a roll but really really loud, at the same time i'm being "pulled" out of my body and was kind of hovering over my wife in a n awkward position. Anywyay .. i seem to be able to leave the body but at some other level when i'm not trying, the first experience was amazing the second frightened me to death. I don't know if it was a dream or not .. i did start a thread on BTS but no one replied ..
.. ha ha poor me .. OP i'd like to know your experiences as you progress, would you make me a friend so we could p2p ?? be careful and take care, always spend lots of time putting light around you and in your body when meditiating. peace . . satellite1

link to my thread
www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by dmorgan

Hi there Dmorg.... I've had profound OBE's and will tell you what I know in as many posts as you require if interested. My most profound experiences occured when reaching puberty; I had others since then,but not as frequent. My sister was trained by a sleep therapist to do Astral Projection; she had many problems.
Happy to help

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by KRISKALI777

Satellite1 I added you to friends, I'd be interested in hearing more about the experiences you have, and I'll check out your thread in the morning, about to go to bed

KRISKALI777 I would really like you to post your experiences as every case I read about is slightly different and I find the whole topic fascinating. This will also help me link up things I'm experiencing and hopefully help me progress further

[edit on 10/5/09 by dmorgan]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by dmorgan

I will but.....Sylvan Muldoon. Enjoy!!!

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
It's been a wee while since I've had the time to work on this, but I started again tonight

I bought Journeys Out Of The Body and I'm a couple of chapters in, great book so far. I also got some audio files called Hemi-Sync Gateway Experience. There are lots of different clips, but I've done the first two. It has taught me how to put all my thoughts aside, and how to use the focus 10 method to fully relax.

I was so happy to experience some pre OBE "symptoms" tonight even though it's been such a long time since I last tried.

While working through the second audio clip (Wave I - Discovery 2 - Introduction to Focus 10) I started to feel my astral body trying to loosen up. At one point my left lower leg kind of kicked right out and went back in, at least that's what it felt like. It feels like muscle spasms, but in your astral body.

It also felt like the bed was shaking, like there was a T-rex just outside stomping around
but it was just my astral body twitching, trying to escape. It got quite violent at times. It is a very weird sensation, feeling like you posses two different bodies

A bit after that the meditation ended. Really pleased though that I felt these sensations on the first night back into it

top topics

<< 1   >>

join