It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm learning to meditate and astral project, a few questions

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Hi all,

I'm new to meditation and astral projection. Most nights I've been trying to spend at least thirty minutes with a guided astral projection or meditation sound file. I think I have made some progress over time, slow progress, but progress none-the-less.

Last night I was listening to a Robert Monroe clip of binaural beats over nature ambient sounds. About half way through I felt a sensation that I was slowly spinning around. After that I experienced a rocking sensation, which felt like my body was rocking from side to side. At this stage my body temperature skyrocketed and I felt really hot, like I was burning.

Nothing else happened after that, I kept trying to deepen the state I was in but I couldn't do it. My heart was beating too fast because of the excitement but it was really distracting me.

How can I progress to the next step of maybe leaving my body? The increased heart rate makes my breathing get out of control and I gave up in the end. I'll try it again tonight, but any tips would really be appreciated

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I cant help you man, but I have a question:
some times when Im about to fall to sleep, it happends I get smacked,like someone is slapping me in the face, do you have any info on this??

One time as I had my hand between my face and pillow, I got slapped so hard I actually sat upright in bed, but the intrsting thing, was that my face hurt like Ive been slapped, even worse is that the finger I had to my ear hurt too, even after I'd moved my hand from my face..

I cant explain it at all.

Good luck on your question my man...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by dmorgan

hello, If you are new at attempting astral projection it might be an idea to consider protecting yourself spiritually before leaving your body. Some form of electric light protection or spiritual forcefield in the name of ....whoever, maybe one of your angel guides or the God of your own understanding.

Reason is when your body is left just lying there whilst your floating around the place, anything can posess the body form or attach itself to it. The problems associated with this could be detrimental to ones mental state of mind.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

are you joking? Maybe its your partner... have you asked?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by flashesofblue
reply to post by ChemBreather

are you joking? Maybe its your partner... have you asked?

Hahaha

Mate I have been "touched" by a being that was not in the same physical space as me - it put a hand on my shoulder and I know that real feeling you're talking about.

You probably experienced a similar thing.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by dmorgan

Great topic , one I have been interested in for some time and one I plan on researching in greater detail in the coming months .

To better understand where you are coming from in regards to your study of Astral Projection can you perhaps offer some details to the mediums that you have been using to learn this skill ?

I have recently purchased a book from amazon.com called , Mastering Astral Projection: 90-day Guide to Out-of-Body Experience by Robert Bruce , it had pretty good reviews so I took the plunge . Now I am just waiting for it to come in the mail .

As for your experiences I can some what relate , some nights while in bed I feel as if I am rotating very slowly in a looping manor . One night I went as far as to hover over a person sitting at a table , unfortunately it wasn't me that I hovering over so not sure whom I floated out of

[edit on 28-4-2009 by Max_TO]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

I've been getting most of my info from various sites on the net. I was thinking of buying a book soonish though, it would be far more in depth. There was an interview on Coast to Coast AM about OBEs a while ago, found the link on YouTube.

The thing that got me interested was that Mum said she had an OBE during the difficult labour before my sister was born. She is not the sort of person to believe in this stuff but her eyes water when I ask her about it.

The rotating thing you described is exactly what it feels like.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by dmorgan

The whole idea of A.P is quite fascinating indeed, I wish you luck and I will be following this thread .

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Having tried over the past few years to OOBE and AP, or even have a Lucid dream, I have come to the conclusion that it IS possible if you practice .

There are various ways , my favourite is to wake up about 2-3 am for an hour every night, then try to relax and 'snooze' , it seems to be more easy to do it that way.
I have even gone down the binaural beats lane, the most it did for me was when I was listening to a track it make my body 'vibrate' even though I was awake .

And to be honest this morning I had 3 'OOBES' but I think they were Lucid dreams instead, as what happened and the way they looked wasn't right for a real OOBE.

My pajamas for a start, where stripey and long , almost like a dressing gown, thats wrong as I don't wear pajamas, just shorts.
I remember looking back at myself lying in bed and noticed the wrong clothes, I know your perception can alter when you AP but this was way out even for me.

The second one , I 'zipped' up north to Durham area ( I live in London) and looked at a brown eye shaped vase at my mother-in-laws ( she doesn't have one like that and besides there's no way I want to go to the In-laws when I'm awake let alone asleep
).

3rd time was more like it , I started floating up towards the ceiling and into the flat above, I don't like the woman in there so I thought I'd have a bit of fun, you know when you jump out from behind a bush at night ( with your friends of course) and make a 'boo' ghosty type noise with all the tongue waggling and head shaking nonsense, I did that for a laugh. then I woke up.

There are plenty of different ways and all you can do is read about the various ways and then find one that helps you. But it'll take time and practice, oh and another bit of advice is cut out the fluoride toothpaste, then after a while it gets easier as the pineal gland recovers, it least since I stopped the fluoride toothpaste I found that the 'attempts' are easier and that I can wake up when I want on cue.
Try to stop as much fluoride intake as you can as its in near everything, include water and salt in the list.

Also say to yourself ' tonight I will OOBE , or AP ' sometimes if you can convince yourself of something makes it happen. get into a routine of rubbing your hands at times during the day, and when you Lucid dream that you rub your hands you realise you are asleep and dreaming, and when you get to that stage you can AP easier.
Other than that good luck with the attempts, there are people on here who can offer more advice but mine is to read up on as many practices as you can, find one that you feel comfortable with and go for it.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
@ OP:

I'm in the same boat as you. Just started looking into all this stuff myself. Had a very similar experience of spinning/rotating and sudden, large change in body temperature. So far I've not had a lot of success with this, but have been trying pretty much for half an hour each day for the last couple of weeks.

Though when I get into a deep relaxed state, my awareness of being in this state throws me off. I've also felt a kind of weightlessness and stillness, where I was aware of being surrounded by billions of stars. Bizarre feeling; but good - so I'm gonna try and improve my attempts as much as I can. I already feel better in mind and body!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dmorgan

Hey dmorgan.

Congratulations on your new path!

I've never listened to music or ambient sounds while trying to AP, and every time I lay down to try and AP, I never got out of my body, but did experience things like vibrations and sounds.

I have AP'ed though, a few times, and this is my advice.
Continue to meditate. Meditation gives you a great perspective of yourself and helps make you self aware. The goal is to become aware in your sleep.
The 2nd Dalai Lama gave this advice to achieve "Dream Yoga" or AP:
Ask yourself during the day, "Am I awake?" Make sure you look around you and know your awake. Think about where you are, on the large scale. ie: I'm outside of my house in San Francisco, which is in northern CA, which is in the US, which is part of the world. THis will help give you perspective and give you a sense of how small we are compared to the universe around us.
When this becomes second nature, you'll start asking yourself in your dreams, "Am I awake?" You should notice that your dreaming, and the lucid dream begins. At this point, its just up to you to decide you want to AP.

I've Aped this way twice, and both times were very humbling experiences.
I know lots of people here disagree with me, but I say don't be scared of whats out there, like the dangers of demons infecting your body yada yada. If your meditating every day, or at least a few times a week, youve already changed your vibrational patterns to make the environment around you more positive.
Also, I dont think anyone has to worry about it, even if they dont meditate, because AP is a natural step for us humans trying to move to higher states of consciousness. Therefore, how can something thats natural be dangerous?

Anyway. I love talking about the subject, so feel free to U2U me if you like.
Also, if you click on my profile and look at some of my older threads, I wrote a pretty extensive thread on the subject you should check out.

Ok, hope I helped

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

Hey thanks for the support. I wasn't sure how many people here were knowledgeable on the subject - I did a Google search of some meditating/astral travel websites but most of them didn't really have a big membership like we have here on ATS
I will take a look at your threads tonight.

I've heard about the "Am I Awake?" strategy before but I'll definitely start doing that from today. I have noticed that since I started meditating my dreams have become more vivid and I've remembered them a lot easier. I don't know if this is related or not.

I will attempt to AP again tonight and I'll let you know tomorrow if I make any progress

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by dmorgan

congratulations with your new quest, I'm sure it will be an exiting adventure if you continue this, one that will give you the best experiences you ever had

Don't force yourself, for some it takes years to learn this, while others just sponatious obe on the first try. I myself did almost 3 years of daily training before I could tell myself I had a succesfull obe. Been doing it for 10 years now and still have the feeling of improvement every time.

In my experience I feel that it's important that you don't only learn the relaxing meditations but also learn visualisation techniques (think Indian vision quests).
One good exercise to start with is, after you become relaxed enough, visualise holding a peach in your hand. When you are able to "see" it as clear as it is in reality, try turning it around while holding on to the vision. keep practicing, the vision can become blurred, you can see things happening to the peach you didn't intent to, that's all normal.
When you become succesfull in 'movement', try feeling: 'feel' the peach in your hand exactly as it is, the roundness of it, the soft skin, etc.
After this, try 'tasting' it: bite the peach and experience every sensation in detail as if you where eating one for real: the taste, the juice, the feeling of peach in your mouth... try to smell it.
Some also use images of pet animals they had as a kid, you can use all kinds of things.

The point of this exercise is to trick your brain into perceiving the visualisation as reality. once enough practice it will be easier for you to perceive your surroundings while you obe or ap.
On my first experiences I noticed that I couldn't hear sound or see faces, that's why you train your senses. It doesn't take to long to learn this and for some it comes natural on the first try.

A second exercise combines the relaxation with visualisation and it's a very simple one:
First think of the place you want to be in this exact moment, it can be a beach or a forrest, anything. Start visualising this place with the same technique as in the first exercise, use all your senses and try to experience it as if you are really there. Hold on to it for a while, the purpous of this exercise is first perspective view.
When you try, let's say you chose a beach, you probably see yourself sitting there, as an observer. Focus on first perspective view. You don't want to be the observer, you want to experience "being there"

I have a third one, one that gives most people who attempt this for the first time a wow-effect. You can try it when you master the visions.
I write it in a second post, otherwise this one gets to long.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Ok, the third one:

The first part of the exercise is walking down stairs.
Visualise being outside, for ex. next to the house you live in. You see a stairway going down, it has 20 steps. Walk down the stairs, counting backwards from 20 to 0 with every step you take.
(Sometimes when you reach 0 you keep seeing steps down, like there comes no end to it, just keep walking. If you become frustrated with this then open your eyes and try again on a later time.)
When you do reach the bottom of the stairs, visualise a garden with the greenest grass you have ever seen. Explore it, take it in with all your senses, BE there.
After a while of practicing, this first part will put you in the right mindset within seconds. It's borrowed from self-hypnoses techniques to access your subconcious mind.

In the second part of this exercise you visualise seeing a large bubble in your garden, large enough to fit you. This bubble will take you to the stars (yay
). Go sit inside the bubble, make yourself comfortable. Imagine that this bubble is a concious being, it will take you wherever you want to go... from this moment on, every time you come to this garden it will be there as your vehicle.
In this exercise the bubble takes you to a star. When your ready to go tell the bubble to rise up. Again, use all your senses, you might feel 'floaty' but that's the whole point. See the ground underneath you getting further away from you (don't worry, your save inside the bubble) untill you leave Earth and you can see it in the distance.
Now look around and see the stars. pick one. Pick a star and ask the bubble to take you there.

Now again, it is the intention that you 'are there', not that you are merely observing yourself. The feeling of floating is one you will come across many times when you finally attemt obe or ap.

The third part of the exercise takes things a bit beyond visualisation, but try it, you'll be surprised.

Once you reached the surface of the star you picked, visualise a small house. Enter it (use all the senses). Take a moment to take in your surroundings. In the middle of the room stands a chair, go sit on it facing a door (visualise it if it isn't there).
Expect the door to open and someone walking in the room. Expect the person to walk in to be a nice person with good intentions only. Then, if you don't already see him/her, visualise. (Take your time for this part and make sure to BE there). Do you see the person? Then ask him/her a question, anything that comes to your mind and listen to the answer....

There is a tricky part to this third part: you might fall asleep . This have happened to every person, including myself, who I know that tried this. The downside is that you may not remember all of it when you wake up again, but with enough practice it will work for you eventually.
So when you attempt this you might want to set an allarm clock or make sure you have enough time, should you fall asleep.

good luck with this all

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Ahah! Another kiwi bloke on here. I hail from up in dorkland.

I'm in the same boat as you. Some limited success but just can't quite 'crack it' as such. I have once sat up while trying to AP and looked at my computer and seen the entire thing, all components and all sides at once, energy 'flow' or field around it.. that sorta thing.. very cool. Other time was lifting my hand outta my body. Apart from that, nothing.

A friend of mine has had full OOBE before but only once. Went floating around the north shore haha...

I'll keep watching this thread closely. I'll PM you my email address so I can send you an ebook on AP that I found a while ago on the net, which could help you out a little. It's a pretty good guide.

Another thing re: flouride that Odessy mentioned - very true. I cut flouride from my diet via filtered water and natural toothpaste and my dreams almost instantly became so much more vivid. I now have dreams lasting days in one night, just like I remember from childhood.
It still can permeate into your skin via showers, so best thing is to really install a filter on your mains. Easier said than done, plus not many get rid of flouride properly or at all.

[edit on 29/4/09 by GhostR1der]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
The Oil of Spirit Annoitment will Resurrect the Corpse.

In englishee, this means your meditation each night just before you sleep will accrue the power of Intent to achieve seperation...bring your pineal back to full Resplendent Life (temporarily). It is entirely Accumulative, understand.

You are attempting to create a conscious duplicate (the Double) of your already present Unconscious etheric-astral vehicle: the unconscious (the body battery) action is what you are trying to 'become conscious of,' and is called the AEtheric energy self: this is part of the energetic structure of the OverSoul. What you are trying to do, is achieve the Birthing of the Etheric self, or birth & growth of your SoulSelf. Projecting is just that, along with many other spirit-related efforts (including meditation, itself).

AEtheric---Body---Etheric
Unconscious --Conscious

This is part of The Mystery, and not understood by many. Giving up is just waiting for you at a certain point of accumulative development---some push past, and achieve; others quietly 'walk away.' Remember the mustard seed. Pay close attention to the meaning of accumulative effort: everything you do to nourish your pineal will be retained.

After each experience (say you achieve), the annointing must be done again, until the full Birth is achieved...whence you can consciously project at will. Careful, this is a Predatorial Universe, and out there (the Greater Realm), myriads of consciousnesses (entities, etc.) are searching for food/sustenance: the birthing spirits of humanity. It's a jungle out there, to coin a phrase (if you doubt, search and read some related topics here on ats: no, they are not all nuts).

Arm yourself with knowledge & Wisdom, so you don't become a victim.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by dmorgan

You are taking a complicated path, aren't you? Try, but don't try (yeah, that sounds like Yoda). Just find a quiet time, meditate, and 'say' in your mind, or spoken if it helps, AUM. All letters must be 'pronounced' at the same time. Short a, short u, and m all at once. Empty your mind, release all stray thoughts, some people envision a focus to help them with this such as a religious icon, could be anything actually.

My out of body experiences have actually come spontaneously in the dream state, and there cross dimensional. So, I could actually be just talking out of my behind.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Wow! Lucky! I haven't been able to get that far. Did you by chance buy your binaural beats, or did you get them for free? I have no money, and I don't feel like getting caught stealing them...

Congrats on getting that far though man! I'm proud of you, from now on it will only get easier since your body already knows the experience.

I'm going to work on mine tonight, but I tend to feel that my body gets too exhausted too fast, and I end up falling fast asleep.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
GypsK: Thanks heaps for all that info, I'll try that tonight.

GhostR1der: Hey, I'm from Chch
Lifting your hand out seems like a pretty big step in the right direction, if you persist with it you'll probably improve.

Interested in the ebook, sounds great thanks
Looking for all the info I can get my hands on.

Yeah I'm not happy with everything being fluoridated. Luckily Christchurch water isn't pumped full of the stuff like other cities, found some info on it here. I'm going to try and get some of that toothpaste you use.

SS,Naga: Thanks for that information. I agree that doing this often will increase my ability and that's what I'm aiming for.

SpacePunk: I've read about the AUM thing before. Never really tried it but I'll give it a go.

The dragon is taking over: The binaural beats that I'm having the most success with are from the Monroe Institute I think, and I'm pretty sure you have to pay for it. I must admit that I didn't pay for it, but I can send you a link if you want to download it
(Sorry if I'm not allowed to discuss this but feel free to delete this bit of my post).

I've tried the "Out of Body" one on this site but haven't had any success. There is a playlist there and you can pick different ones there.

Thanks for the support
Good luck with your attempts and I'm really interested in how you get on!

Last night I didn't have any breakthroughs but I was really tired and had a headache, I'll try again tonight.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join