It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu is stupid

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
thanks everyone for enlightening this subject no matter what side of the fence your on. My whole alarm is that I first heard of the piggy flu over the weekend and then by Monday its on every single piece of media you can find.. at least all of the major outlets.. even with ready made graphics!

not saying that we shouldnt be prepared at all or practice sanitary habits but I am well aware of the power of the media and the whole thing seems like a strongly directed campaign to me. didn't someone at sometime prove that all printed media is owned by one company in Germany or something like that?

[edit on 28-4-2009 by kronos11]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by kronos11
thanks everyone for enlightening this subject no matter what side of the fence your on. My whole alarm is that I first heard of the piggy flu over the weekend and then by Monday its on every single piece of media you can find.. at least all of the major outlets.. even with ready made graphics!

not saying that we shouldnt be prepared at all or practice sanitary habits but I am well aware of the power of the media and the whole thing seems like a strongly directed campaign to me. didn't someone at sometime prove that all printed media is owned by one company in Germany or something like that?

[edit on 28-4-2009 by kronos11]

I for one was very pissed and upset that they didn’t report anything for days. My old lady was losing her mind. That said its better be scared and informed than blissfully ignorant. Have you ever heard what the media did back in 1918? bkmarcus.com...

My concern is that they will not report the full extent of the event, and we may be completely in the dark when this thing approaches our communities.

Some may interpret it as fear mongering, but so long as it’s the truth and is as accurate as possible they have only helped to preserve life. The past has shown that silence in times such as these can be very costly. Lets just hope we get the full story.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Donkey_Dean]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maya00a

Thanks for replying. As you say, it's only about a month old which is why I don't quite understand all the hype surrounding it - it really hasn't infected or even killed a very high percentage (yet) so it just seems a bit odd. I suppose my main concern is that it's actually worse than is being reported and we're just slowly being drip fed information so we're desensitised and won't panic when the higher numbers are eventually reported.

My other theory is that those green economic shoots weren't happening and this gives 'them' a get out clause by saying that the bailouts were working but because of this new flu they're not working now.

I don't know - just seems a lot of hype over something not too damaging (so far). I hope it stays that way.

Very interesting statistics on the Spanish flu - I didn't realise it only killed 2.5% of those that got it. That's kind of reassuring to know as it's often reported as if it swept through and killed millions as it went without detailing just what the fatality percentage actually was from those that had the illness.

Yes you’re not likely to die from Swine flu even if you get sick. I doubt the economy has anything to do with this, we expect this type of thing every hundred years or so. I for one think the current coverage “hype” helps serve to mitigate the spread of the virus. If you’re scared you are damn sure not going to expose yourself if you can avoid it.

Let’s hope and pray this thing doesn’t spread far and wide, and that if it does that it doesn’t do so very quickly.

I really hate to say this, but if anything the media will cover this up (bkmarcus.com... ). They will undoubtedly cause alarm which I think is a good thing, but will likely not be willing to cause true panic and face possible litigation (they are very unlikely to report any cases that are not reported through the proper channels. CDC etc.). I certainly hope the virus is not wide spread at this point, but there is some information which suggests that this is the case. The head of Arkansas' infectious diseases branch has said he believes that swine flu has already spread across the state. However, no cases have been verified. www.kfsm.com...

I have some theories as well. None involve the economy though. I personally think this bug comes from the largest pig farm in Mexico and is a direct result of vaccinations given there. Could be that this was purposeful, but it’s more likely a mistake or criminal negligence.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Donkey_Dean]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

That video was great
poor Betty though, she's the only one that died! I've only heard of the 1976 swine flu once before and that was recently. I'm glad you could dig that video up, I didn't think to search for something that old.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Except of course we are not dealing with the swine flu but a three multiple hybrid.

This is nothing like what happened in the 1970's.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Just a thought, but could it be that maybe TPTB want to see what our reaction to all this would be?

Not how the sheeple would react, it's pretty much a given that most get hyped up pretty easily by the MSM and tend to follow the rest of the heard as sheeple do.
But this may have been set up to see the response from awakened, truthers, conspiracy theorists, constitutionalists, militants and/or anarchists, etc.

I have to say though, that seeing how many (awakened) have jumped on this bandwagon without proper evidence is somewhat alarming. It's almost as if some people have been wishing for this in order to further their cause.
And this however, is not to say that one shouldn't prepare for an emergency. The fact is that we should all be stocked up on our survival gear (along with emergency proceedures for all you intend to take responsability for).

Personally however, and going by what friends from Mexico have been telling me, all this is just doesn't add up to worldwide pandemic. And the fact is I get very suspicious when the MSM get hyped about something, quiet simply because they can't be trusted anymore.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by kronos11

Everyone is either talking about the mexican flu or the panic around the flu. (ok, including me....)
The way I see it, this talk is only done on the Internet and some tv channels. I don't see a sign of fear n'or panic in my immediate environment, ppl here act as if they don't care, even now that Europe gets more and more comfirmed cases.
see my prev topic: question for europe mainland

My husband even keeps telling me to stop reading on ats because it might give me a depression

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Just got off the phone to the swine flu hotline, but all i got was a load of crackling. Eventually i got through to someone, but they told me not to worry, this isn't Armagammon, or the Aporkolypse. I mean, ok we are in a bit of a porkdicament, but it'll be a little while before it turns into any sort of hamdemic. Anyway, bac-on track, all swill that ends swill.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by COL.Tapi

Yep of course someone is studying this, and cdc will be getting all this info from how people react and putting it in there documents etc for future study.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Well, in any case, I am just taking a swing at the bat here, but I don't think their are many people really keeping up with this story. Not yet at least. I think most people are living their lives, until it gets closer to them. In any case, no matter how stupid this flu is, or not, I guess we should just get prepared to get sick from it..

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Somebody like to explain how the NWO gets away with declaring a pandemic, level 5, about to go level 6 with total marshal law and forced vaccinations, when there was not one single verified flu deaeth in the U.S.? I mean, how do they get away with this?

And not even one single pig with the so-called "swine flu" either -- only in Canada, caught they say by a Mexican immigrant?

The CFR witch interviewed by Stephen Colbert claims the flu came from U.S. swine. Lies.

How do these people get away with scaring people this way? This flu was obviusly concocted in their lab and they sprayed down the people in Mexico City with it, and it still wouldn't take off the way they wanted and expected it to.

Now they are threatening us with another flu in the fall or winter. Can they get away with this, after what happened with Baxter?

And scientists have said this flu strain was definitely concocted in the lab. Where else would you find something that's a part bird, one part pig, two parts human and then some bug virus tacked on for good measure?

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Here we go Fall is upon us and now theyre cramming this garbage down our throats!!! give me a freegin break!!!!!!

Swine flu - OMG could possibly kill 90,000 (the size of a small town.)

Obesity - kills 400,000 per year

Regular Flu - kills about 45 - 60,000 per year

Tobacco - kills 3 million per year

Alchohol - kllls 5 - 7 million per year

Shouldnt we have been on Pandemic alert 7 and forced incoulations since the release of all Fast food joints and Tobacco/Alchohol related products.

These world supremacists or whomever it is that is forcing this shat down our throats must think we are really stupid to fall for this and you know what??? Most Americans are that inebriated and zombified by the steady diet of disinfo and chem-bombs in their food and skys. Its a mess for the sheeple these days.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join