It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bright green fallign thing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
No pic sorry was just sitting outside in kentucky,

and out of no where it fell down and lit up the ground i was at.
went behind a water maple tree still glowing..so it was low to the ground...

i heard no crash or anything..but it was low low..

it was neon green looking.
if that help's any.

i estimate i was 1 mile tops from where i was sitting on my porch.

and it was bright..so bright it made me turn my head to look at it.

it was super fast too.strait down almost.

so should i go look for it tomorrow?
it had to hit the ground

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Tomorrow pshhht!

Go look for it now!

The Amused, I've seen you before and am surprised your not looking for it now. If it was alien you'd be a idol in the world. If it was a meteor you could sell it and have alot of disposable income thereof.

Either way win win. Unless you find nothing, then you might want to get checked out, or see if you didn't look hard enough.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
Tomorrow pshhht!

Go look for it now!

The Amused, I've seen you before and am surprised your not looking for it now. If it was alien you'd be a idol in the world. If it was a meteor you could sell it and have alot of disposable income thereof.

Either way win win. Unless you find nothing, then you might want to get checked out, or see if you didn't look hard enough.

i can sell them?

i go look then lol
I had no idea people would buy it lol

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

YES!!

Museums pay alot for meteorites!

I always thought to myself if I saw one, I would look endlessly for it, if you find any remains, museums buy them! I first heard about people buying them when one slammed through this womans house!

There pretty expensive, certain places test them and what not.

I've seen one that hit the ground but it was maybe 10 miles away, and I was concerned with other stuff going on, cough cough, if you know what I mean.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I have been looking towards the sky since my birth and I have always felt that if I had a chance to see something odd, i would IMMEDIATELY investigate.

run, Forrest; run.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I really hope He/she is out looking for it.

If you read this and you found something pictures please, and lucky you so and so, for finding it.

Although I read while looking up the prices, that although they may seem near by they may be an extremely large distance away, hopefully i'm wrong.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
well i drove looking for smoke or anything in that direction i couldn't find any.

But there is a airport roughly 3 block's from my house.
They would have had to picked it up on radar right?

Wonder if they would give me exact coordinates they had to pick up last night when it was falling.

it's alot of mountain's and big 100 + acre fields around here ..
Unless sit was smoking or on fire i wouldn't be able to tell last night.

So if i call and ask them think they would give me the info i want?
it's a small airport..helicopter's and little plane's.

or will they call me a terrorist for asking info..idk anymore

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Republican08 is correct.

Here's my standard response to this question, which comes up quite allot:

People often mistake meteors for UFOs or planes about to crash - meteors have a strange knack for playing tricks on unsuspecting eyes. The brain has trouble interpreting the size, distance and therefore the actual speed of a light source/object in the sky with no/few visual cues, so it makes up the missing information. This is the basic principal of an optical illusion, and the nature meteors (brief and bright) makes them ideal candidates.

This page explains in a bit more detail about why meteors can appear to be closer to the ground (or the observer) than they actually are.

This diagram should help you visualize what is going on:

Basically, the lower down in the sky (or closer to the horizon) a meteor appears to be, the further away it probably is. In the exceptional cases where this is not the case, and a meteor is still luminous, and less than 1km away from you, unless you're within diving distance of a bunker, that would probably be the last thing you ever saw.

In 1908, what is thought to be a fragment of a comet exploded somewhere between 5 and 10 km above Tunguska, devastating an estimated 2150 square km and knocking down 80 million trees!

Here's a guide I wrote listing the characteristics of meteors:
Seen a swift/very swift moving light (colored or white) in the sky?

As for the green color, that comes from the excitation of atmospheric oxygen (it glows green) when a meteor slams into air molecules, ionizing them, and causing the atoms to emit photons. Oxygen, when it is excited, emits photons at a specific wavelength, which we perceive as green.

Related links:
green shooting stars

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Sounds like a classic UFO landing.

The airfield might have seen the landing.

What get me is how they see when the ship is surrounded by light.

Well they must have accurate inertial celestial navigators.

top topics

join