It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Structure by Sycamore Canyon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
maps.google.com...:en-US&oe=utf8&rlz=&um=1&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=il
This is kinda weird. It's supposedly a "sports complex" that is sitting in an isolated area protected by thick barred fences, razor wire, about 20 CCTV cams, and spotlights. They have been considering building houses in this area, but this has been here since the 90's. Any guess as to what it is? Not far away there is an old Atlas ICBM testing facility that operated in the 60's. It definately isn't a sports complex. My friend who lives down the street from there says he's never seen the gates open in the 10 years he's lived there. I don't know if it's just paranoia, but it seems as if this may be of military significance, considering the oddness and strange location. Oh, and also, my other good friend posted a bulletin on Myspace about going and checking this place out and it was automatically deleted the next morning, a little bizzare.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by ThatOneWhiteKid]

[edit on 27-4-2009 by ThatOneWhiteKid]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
This might be a stab in the dark but in Satellite Imagery that complex looks alot like a Horse Race Track

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
It's not. I've gone into the area several times, and I've never seen anyone or anything there. I'm planning on camping there for a night, and if I see anything weird I'll be sure to take pictures and post them.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth
This might be a stab in the dark but in Satellite Imagery that complex looks alot like a Horse Race Track

Doesn't look like a track to me, unless it's there for no one to see. There's no stands, no seats, as far as I can tell. It really doesn't look like much of a sports complex to me.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
The first thing i noted was the complete lack of parking

How would a large number of people use a sports complex without a place to park.

A large number of CCTV cameras don't make sense ether as there is nothing to really steal.

A check of the local tax office records may identify the owners if its not a shell company.

The last time i was in that area was in my navy days and there was a artillery and anti aircraft gun range somewhere close to that area call camp Elliot
The navy had a rifle range that we used.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by ANNED]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
1. How big is the perimeter? Hard to tell from the arial pic if it extends away from the track? We need dimensions.
2. How many buildings?
3. Breech security-fence or dummy near a sec cam and see who shows up to troubleshoot--film this from a distance and post the footage here
4. You said you've been inside? is it a track or grass? Give us more info.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Checking out the topo view it looks like the hilltop 300m or so to the North East of the facility would be at least 60m higher. Would provide a good view, yes? Are the crossroads on that hilltop fire roads, ATV tracks, what? Looks like it would be pretty easy to get there.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
strikes me as odd as well, there is not a lot of parking space. as mentioned , and only one main entrance very narrow looking id doubt if this place got planning permission as there's not a lot of access for emergency traffic. my guess its an under ground facility for storing water, is there any main water feed offs nearby or any silo entrances, good luck with your recon hope to see some piccys soon.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
That doesnt look like a sports complex at all.

First of all where's the parking lot? Sports = large gathering of people = a lot of cars.

Secondly, there are no buildings besides what looks like a guard tower at the entrance.

Strange find.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
possibly a military sports centre

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
It has been discussed before, here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
There is a possibility that it was owned by Barratt American and they could have gone bankrupt. But it perplexes me why they would build a sports arena before houses. It's pretty neatly fenced off, from what I observed. It's like 2 miles from my house, so I can go there whenever. However, Camp Elliott is another place that has my interest, I just haven't really ventured 10 miles down the trail. I heard they used to test electromagnetic railguns at a place called the "green farm" which is east of Miramar, and my friend can recall the "booms" he heard several times each day while going to West Hills High School. I still think this "sports complex" deserves some further investigation. Also, let me note that the sign states that trespassing is punishable by federal law, not state law. Kinda fishy, eh?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ThatOneWhiteKid

Since you live in the area, what does that white sign say on the gate?

Google Street view goes all the way up to the gate leading up to it (Carlton Hills Blvd)

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ThatOneWhiteKid

It's up to you then. Go up to the gate and snap some pictures for us and then do a hike around the perimeter and take some more pics as you do so. Post them here then. Hurry!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I'm not sure when I will be camping up there, but I really want to soon. The white sign says "NO TRESPASSING OR LOITERING" and in tiny print at the bottom it states that trespassing is punishable by federal law. I wonder why loitering would be put in there if it's already illegal to be there in the first place. Would that mean authorized individuals are forbidden to loiter? That definately sounds odd.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Would you mind putting up a link to a photograph of what your talking about instead of a link to a google map?

Thanks!

top topics

join