It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychospiritually speaking, is there such a thing as literal "lust for gold"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
By this I mean the "lust for gold" not in terms of "lust for money" but rather for GOLD in and of itself as a material and a metal. Let me be perfectly clear here because this is an easy point to misunderstand: I am not talking about the desire to "get rich" or have lots of money. Rather, I am talking about a more basic attraction to the ACTUAL MATERIAL OF GOLD ITSELF. A lust to possess the metal not due to its economic value but rather to its intrinsic nature.

Over the past 5 years or so I have been investing in gold and steadily acquiring larger and larger amounts of the metal, as well as gold statues, some gold religious implements, gold leaf, coins, and so on. I have noticed over time a marked growth in my emotional and aesthetic attachment to gold in and of itself as a metal...again, not necessarily for its monetary value (though of course that is nice) but for the actual metal, on a very basic psychological level. I find myself spending time simply staring into the surface of a gold bar, or even stroking it, gollum-like. There is an almost spiritual quality to this attraction, it is extremely powerful but I also find it a bit eerie and perhaps unhealthy or spiritually corrupt.

Gno whut I mean?

[edit on 4/27/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
research powdered white gold.

some say the "city of New Jerusalem" is a description of the actual "body" of heaven.. meaning.. the body that we "wear" when we are in heaven..
with "streets" (veins, nerves) made of gold..
skin like glass.. etc..

a completely unique indestructible body..

utilizing gold.

there's a REASON we collect it and hold it above others.
a real connection we have to it...

-

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I guess if you can afford it, it's possible.! I'm not so lucky, so my metal of passion is brass. I don't invest in it, but I have all sorts of objects made of brass. I spend a lot of time polishing it, because I have so much of it. It's sort of soothing to sit and clean it for some reason, and then it looks so pretty when I'm done.

I'd be more than happy to trade some of my brass for your gold, if you think your having a problem with it!

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Isnt it kindof what u call "Bling Bling"

I kinda like the look of gold :p (I just dont like its value) and for some reason I just dont feel the same way towards platinum which is more expensive... I might suffer of gold lust

I just remember of the "El Dorado" city in my country
Pretty famous and interesting real-story all about gold... And im sure the indians werent greedy

here it is:

en.wikipedia.org...

El Dorado (Spanish for "the golden one") is a legend that began with the story of a South American tribal chief who covered himself with gold dust and would dive into a lake of pure mountain water.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by aNdReSk]

top topics

join