It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 People in Santa Cruz with Severe Flu Symptoms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Based on calls her office has received, Dr. Poki Stewart Namkung said there are about 20 people in Santa Cruz County experiencing severe flu like symptoms.

www.mercurynews.com...

[edit on 27-4-2009 by Donkey_Dean]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I'm really afraid for the Mass Hysteria of Hypochondriacs to kick in.

I don't know the exact term for it, but it's when everyone starts thinking they have the disease and showing symptoms of the disease but in actuality they don't have it.

Got to love the human brain.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Well that article is down, look here.

news.google.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
I'm really afraid for the Mass Hysteria of Hypochondriacs to kick in.

I don't know the exact term for it, but it's when everyone starts thinking they have the disease and showing symptoms of the disease but in actuality they don't have it.

Got to love the human brain.

Yeah wouldn’t that be nice. Same type of media block took place during the Spanish Flu and left people uninformed and vulnerable. This time we are keeping notes and they are about to find themselves liable.

www.kfsm.com...
FORT SMITH - The head of Arkansas' infectious diseases branch has said he believes that swine flu has already spread across the state. However, no cases have been verified. Meanwhile, counties across Arkansas teleconferenced with state health and emergency management officials. The nearby states of Texas and Kansas both have confirmed cases. So it may just be a matter of time before we get the swine flu.

I work as a resident doctor in one of the biggest hospitals in Mexico City and sadly, the situation is far from "under control". As a doctor, I realise that the media does not report the truth. Authorities distributed vaccines among all the medical personnel with no results, because two of my partners who worked in this hospital (interns) were killed by this new virus in less than six days even though they were vaccinated as all of us were. The official number of deaths is 20, nevertheless, the true number of victims are more than 200. I understand that we must avoid to panic, but telling the truth it might be better now to prevent and avoid more deaths.
Yeny Gregorio Dávila, Mexico City

I'm a college student in Mexico City, and I can only say that the information that the media has provided doesn't seem to be enough, we do not now how serious it is because they have failed to mention it. There have been two ways of responding to this event, the ones that have entered themselves into quarantine claiming that the government is hiding something much more serious, and those who take this as a joke saying that everyone is overreacting. To put a cherry on top all kind of crazy rumours are flying around - that they are going to quarantine Mexico City, that a school and some specific branches of offices and jobs are going to be suspended for days to come, and so on. I wish more info was available, for example how to prevent it? Have there been many deaths? Is there a threat of an epidemic?
Mari A, Mexico City

[edit on 27-4-2009 by Donkey_Dean]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I just wonder how many people are experiencing the flu and deciding not to report it for various reasons?

I mean if I fall ill with the flu right now probably would not report it.

top topics

join