It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX won't air Obama's press conference

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sadisticwoman

I don't see a problem. When I didn't have cable or satellite TV, I was always a bit miffed that every broadcast channel was showing the same thing and gave me no option to watch something else if I didn't want to hear whatever was coming out in the news conferences. Just because a president wants to slap himself on the back doesn't mean everyone wants to see and listen to it. I watched an Obama speech once. I watched a Bush speech one and a Clinton speech once. I was cured from ever wanting to watch them again.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Among us there are those that are 'Barry' fans, and those of us who are not 'Barry' fans. If it were my news, I would opt not to air it - for the reason that he has made some fairly huge "mistakes" in his first 100 days. The latest being a huge air space display over NYC filled with $$$ signs - all for PR. (If they wanted a photo op, they could have computer generalized it like Hwood does with every single movie they release.)

There are millions of people out of work right now, the economy is swirling the drain, more and more people are dropping dead everday from 'something' that they still claim not to know what/where/how/when. While I have no idea the cost to fire up AirForceOne, much less take it for a spin across the city, but I do know that it was probably extremely expensive.

I also know that it was a direct slap in the face to all of the 'commonfolk' in this nation - as well as an extra hurtful slap in the face to the people of NYC that were present on September 11, 2001.

Visit this website and you might understand why a media outlet would forego another 'display'. This site bottom lines the entire 'worship' mentality in case any of us are confused.

EyeBlastNews

[edit on 28-4-2009 by nomorecruelty]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimstad
reply to post by jd140

For the first time in my life I actually got to vote FOR someone rather than against someone. If you see that as ass kissing, well, I’m not surprised. I may not support every detail of what he may do but generally, he is a leap in the right direction. Look at what he has had to deal with in his 1st 3 months. George Bush started his presidency by taking 6 weeks vacation.

Exactly when have you seen him answering scripted questions?
When have you seen any president take questions from anyone but the press outside of an election debate?
Do you really put George W Bush on par with any of the last 10 presidents?

Do you like to argue for arguements sake?

I do not dislike the man. But he is not the best Presidential speaker. That would go to Clinton (and I do not like that man). He wrote his own speeches and it didn't sound like he was talking down to the people when fielding questions.

Speaking of fielding questions.

Yes, every President is briefed on what is most likely will be asked. Each President is then rehearsed on what their answer will be. When W got unscripted answers he rambled, when Obama gets them he "uhs" alot. If you don't believe me then watch for yourself. When he gets a question he is not warned of earlier, he likes to say "first of all", follows with an "uh", looks down and grab the podium.

I didn't say anything about the last 10 Presidents, so I don't know where you got that from. I compared Obama's speaking ability to the last three. Obama is an easy second when he is reading off a prompter or answering scripted questions. When it is off the hip then 2nd and 3rd close the gap a little.

And now its your turn to reply to me again with an angry old man post that is irrevelant to what I just typed.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

reply to post by jd140

For the first time in my life I actually got to vote FOR someone rather than against someone. If you see that as ass kissing, well, I’m not surprised. I may not support every detail of what he may do but generally, he is a leap in the right direction. Look at what he has had to deal with in his 1st 3 months. George Bush started his presidency by taking 6 weeks vacation.

When have you seen any president take questions from anyone but the press outside of an election debate?
Do you really put George W Bush on par with any of the last 10 presidents?

Do you like to argue for arguements sake?

I do not dislike the man. But he is not the best Presidential speaker. That would go to Clinton (and I do not like that man). He wrote his own speeches and it didn't sound like he was talking down to the people when fielding questions.

Speaking of fielding questions.

Yes, every President is briefed on what is most likely will be asked. Each President is then rehearsed on what their answer will be. When W got unscripted answers he rambled, when Obama gets them he "uhs" alot. If you don't believe me then watch for yourself. When he gets a question he is not warned of earlier, he likes to say "first of all", follows with an "uh", looks down and grab the podium.

I didn't say anything about the last 10 Presidents, so I don't know where you got that from. I compared Obama's speaking ability to the last three. Obama is an easy second when he is reading off a prompter or answering scripted questions. When it is off the hip then 2nd and 3rd close the gap a little.

And now its your turn to reply to me again with an angry old man post that is irrevelant to what I just typed.

“just because you have had your lips on his posteriur for to long.”
When someone calls me a kiss ass I find it worthy of a response
And my entire response was very relevant to your wise ass remark.

Where you saw someone “talking down to” a reporter, I saw someone slapping down a reporter for being rude.

Yes. All the “uh’s”. The man actually thinks before he speaks. A pleasant change.

By saying 10 presidents, I was widening the field. More to choose from, but you only had to reference the last president to make your own bias apparent.
Comparing George Bush’s speaking ability to anybody other than Dan Quayle is ridiculous

I didn’t vote for Obama out of blind worship or the mystique. And the only ass I kiss is my GF’s..

If people want to call him on the issues, fine.
But most of what I’ve seen is just petty bitching

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimstad

Nice old man rant.

When I went through civics class they taught us that uhs and ums showed weakness when addressing an audiance.

Yes, you voted for the great Obama. After 25 years you are finally proud of your vote.

Wait a minute. Michelle Obama is finally proud of being an American and you said that you are finally proud of your vote.

Michelle is that you? It must be, you two sound alike.

That explains alot of your posts, this thread and others.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

LOL
Typical

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Too much Obama? Well, if you count the president’s address to Congress earlier this year, this will mark the fourth time he’s interrupted regular TV programming so far this year. Or every 25 days, he wrecks the TV schedule.

You'd think you guys would be pleased that he actually reaches out to the people and talks to us, unlike the previous POTUS. Today, for example, he left his office (yet again) to go out amongst the people to give a speech in St. Louis.

Or would you rather go back to Bush / Cheney behind closed doors style of government?

Can't you find something else to whine about?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

Given on how he preached transparency and they are constantly rushing bills through, don't you think this is still a behind closed door presidency. The only reason he is running around doing all these public appearances and speeches is so the sheeple think they are hearing what is really going on. Diversion in my eyes.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sadisticwoman

That's right! Fox is so partisan, so hateful, that they won't air their PRESIDENT'S press conference! How sickening! How childish!

CNN and every other lefty commy pinko news source aired everything Bush did- what makes Fox think this is a good idea at all?

FOX will stick with its regular lineup instead. Undoubtedly Sean Hannity and Glenn Beck will have much fun discussing the name of that television program and contrasting it with the president’s press conference.

The name of the TV show? “Lie to Me”.

Sick.

features.csmonitor.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

I love how partisan, hateful, and illiterate people here have become.

The FOX network announced today that they will not be broadcasting President Obama's third press conference of the year. FOX will air its regularly scheduled lineup instead, but the FOX News Network will air the president's press conference scheduled for 8:00pm (ET) this Wednesday.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

In every press conference he's had. The questions are either pre-recorded from "citizens," giving his speech writers ample time to prepare the answers or the questions have been pre-screened and he simply reads the reporters' names off of the teleprompter, followed by the scripted answer. He's a puppet.

Go look at his "off the cuff" responses, when he hasn't had teleprompter support. It's insane. "Yeah, I... uhh... well... in regards to that... we believe... uh..." I'd rather have a president that rambles and makes up words than one that doesn't say anything coherent at all in 90% of his response.

I'm not saying this is a change from how it's been, but don't kid yourself. Obama's no different than any other contemporary president.

And Specter only switched so he'd get the vote. And he prolly screwed himself over by doing it.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Highground]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

You forgot to mention that Fox showed the conferance on the Fox buisness channel.

They have 2 political channels and 1 entertainment channel.

But all they see is Fox and they jump on it like starved dogs.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Highground

In every press conference he's had. The questions are either pre-recorded from "citizens," giving his speech writers ample time to prepare the answers or the questions have been pre-screened and he simply reads the reporters' names off of the teleprompter, followed by the scripted answer. He's a puppet.

Go look at his "off the cuff" responses, when he hasn't had teleprompter support. It's insane. "Yeah, I... uhh... well... in regards to that... we believe... uh..." I'd rather have a president that rambles and makes up words than one that doesn't say anything coherent at all in 90% of his response.

I'm not saying this is a change from how it's been, but don't kid yourself. Obama's no different than any other contemporary president.

And Specter only switched so he'd get the vote. And he prolly screwed himself over by doing it.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Highground]

You think there’s some guy running up and down the stage holding his prompter for him? Cuz the only time he’s answering questions from “citizens” is when he’s pacing a stage. You are in Rush Limbo, which would explain why your flag is backwards. The only thing he reads off the prompters is his speeches. You people and those damned prompters. You must chant that at your meetings.
Which is exactly why the Republican party is collapsing with all the subtlety of a black hole. All that’s left is extremists. You guys don’t know the meaning of the word moderate or conservative for that matter.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sadisticwoman

I realize that this happened a couple of days ago, but to add my two cents, I can't blame Fox one bit. This isn't Fox News complaining, but the Fox broadcast networks. He's scheduling these press conferences on Tuesday and Wednesday nights for a reason. As the article correctly states, these are bumping American Idol, which just so happens to be Fox's biggest ad revenue draw.

Fox isn't going to put up with that very many times before saying enough is enough. Its costing them millions of dollars every time he does it.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

It's been conjectured that that is why Fox News reporter did not get to ask a question at the press conference. obama has made it very clear that if you don't support him, access is cut off. in this case it wasn't even fox news that didn't carry the broadcast. he makes these things crystal clear. he does not tolerate criticism. if he can't stop or prevent it, which obviously he can't, he makes sure there's a price to pay.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by earlywatcher

Obama knows before any question & answer session who he's going to call on, and what the questions will be. If you notice, he has a habit of calling on far left websites and newspapers, who more than enthusiastically agree to these terms.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join