It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX won't air Obama's press conference

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm
So much for fair and balanced.

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

Guess you know what it feels like somewhat now to Republicans and the rest of the media. Boo freaking hoo I say.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicaRose

What in the heck are you going on about?

"Digital TV"???? Does anyone actually believe this is some sort of Obama plan??? Seriously??

Oh, yeah. The original change-over date was in February...one month after the Inauguration. Obviously, it was the evil Muslim not-born-in-the-USA possible Anti-Christ's first order of business!!! [sarc]

Really....have seen some stretching of the truth to meet a person's twisted hatred and skewed views, but this one takes the cake!

edit=sure and I am irritated whenever regular Prime-Time programming is interrupted, whether it be for this President, or any previous. Of course, reason likely is because not everyone has cable or SAT TV.

For magica, I highly recommend DISH Network SAT TV...a friend has it, it is far superior to cable. I'm changing!! AND, for others, if your favorite show is pre-empted, check out 'Hulu' on the internet. You might find the episode in question, being replayed.

[edit on 4/27/0909 by weedwhacker]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

For those of you worried about Mr. Obama not getting his press coverage........

The nonpartisan research group Center for Media and Public Affairs along with California's Chapman University released a study that found the nightly newscasts devoted 27 hours, 44 minutes to Pres. Obama's presidency in his first 50 days. That compares to 7 hours, 42 minutes for Pres. George W. Bush and 15 hours, 2 minutes for Pres. Bill Clinton during the first 50 days of their first terms.

Think about the first 100 days of Obama's presidency, compared with Bush's, or Clintons. I can't remember anything about Bush's 1st term, pre-9/11.

Obama's Administration has had a lot more on its plate. It makes sense there's been more coverage of the White House during one of the worst financial crisis in decades. If McCain had won the election, I think it's pretty certain he would have got more coverage than Bush or Clinton too.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Why does every one think that every TV station must show every Obama press conference.

I don't care to watch them and many times i can go to 9 out of 10 tv stations in my area and they are showing the exact same feed of a presidential speech or press conference.

Enough already two or three station is plenty let the other stations run there regular programing.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

I agree.

I don't see why every channel must air the Presidents news conferance. I don't care who the President is.

I remember not having cable as a kid and when the President gave a news conferance on every channel I was very upset. I would flip the knob and scream "the presidents on every channel, I want to watch (insert show here).

Very traumatic for me.

I just hope this time I won't fall asleep halfway through like I did the last one. That was brutal.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I got no problem with FOX doing what they want with there time..
What gets me is the people griping about a president that actually treats us like people rather than subjects. Once a month he stands up there and lets us know how it’s going and ANSWERS QUESTIONS. Really answers questions.
Perhaps you prefer someone who only comes out for photo ops and takes a 6 week vacation as soon as he gets sworn into office.

Once a month. Once out of every 25 days.
The teleprompter? Really? The teleprompter again?
You don’t find that a bit petty?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimstad

I have no problem being on TV once a month. But I hope to every God imaginable, even the Spagehetti monster that it isn't like the last one. You have to admit that he ducked and dodged questions as if he had been doing it all his life. He just rambled on about the budget for what seemed like hours.

I think the concensus isn't that he is on TV once a month, its that he doesn't have to be on every channel.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
To be fair, there have been many occasions when Presidents (of both parties) asked for air time and didn't get it. I personally don't like to listen to ANY politician talk. They are ALL full of "bull" and can lie with such ease that it is scary to think they are human like the rest of us.

I get about 200 cable channels and almost never watch ABC, NBC, CBS or FOX. I can always find something to watch that is way less boring than listening to 0bama read his teleprompter. If he says anything of importance I will be able to read about it on the internet and not have to see his image or hear his voice.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Teleprompter for a speech, okay, normal and used by many. He uses it for press conferences because he can't answer the questions. He is a great speaker when someone else has written the info, but as far as answering questions, especially ones thrown out during press conferences, he can't do it.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Please name me one president that can field a question and give a more detailed, THOUGHT OUT answer than him.
You can dislike him all you want but if you're gonna state a reason you're gonna have to do better than that.
Or just simply say you don't like him.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Going through all the posts negative towards Obama (not FOX) so far we have….
Teleprompter
Once a month is too much
The nightly news is too much
Over saturation
He reads answers someone quickly types into a Teleprompter (seriously?) and talks in circles and doesn’t want to answer questions he doesn’t want asked.
Boring (plus several assumptions about his intent)
Poser spouting meaningless crap and only wants good news.
Too many news conferences.
The teleprompter again
He is the reason for the switch to digital (with associated wild speculation) and worst pandemic to hit this country.
Ducks questions and rambles about the budget for what seems like hours.
He can’t answer questions without the prompter.

We have 4 saying too much coverage. This is a decision made by the channels themselves. I recommend changing the channel.
2 don’t like the prompter and 2 more think he can’t answer questions without it.
If you are going to criticize the question and answer sessions I suggest you actually watch them. This would also apply to the one that says he ducks questions or gets questions he doesn’t like. When replying to a pointed question the best response is usually a pointed answer. I have yet to see him duck a question. In fact I have watched him answer a question he didn’t have to (on line town hall: Pot legalization) and not give the populist answer.
One that says he rambles and one that says he’s boring. Perhaps you just can’t keep up. One says he’s a poser (lacks substance? You mean like George Bush?) and spouts meaningless crap. Again, perhaps you can’t keep up and if you only want good news I suggest turning the TV off all together.
And what we are left with is Mr./ Mrs. Digital .

Not one substantive complaint about Obama in the bunch.

Not one Republican has pulled near the percentages that he has since prior to 1988 and never has the total turn out been bigger (at least not in my lifetime).
And Bush had the gall to make that crack about “the will of the people” after one of the slimmest wins ever? You have, in fact witnessed the will of the people. Get used to it. Or secede or try and start a revolution. But if you are going to complain, you should probably stick to the issues. But that’s on several other threads.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
good for fox news. they are trying to help obama out. if his teleprompter fails for the second time this week, only half of america will see it instead of all of america

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Hypocrisy alert!!!

Uh, did any of you democrats have any issue when CNN and MSNBC and others did not carry Bush news conferences - especially in the last year?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimstad
Please name me one president that can field a question and give a more detailed, THOUGHT OUT answer than him.
You can dislike him all you want but if you're gonna state a reason you're gonna have to do better than that.

Who said anything about dislike.

I stated I just hope that it is alot better then his last press conferance. That last one was horrible and if disagree then its just because you have had your lips on his posteriur for to long.

He can't field a non scripted question any better then the last 2 or 3 Presidents. Clinton was probably the best Presidential speaker we have had in a long time. W had his made up words and Obama has his uhs. Both are funny and sometimes painful to listen to.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimstad

out of curiousity how many presidents have you heard speak?

obama doesnt even write the content= every president has writers!

obama is NOT that great of a speaker

as for fox not carrying obamas press conference

i am sick of the obama commericals
every where i turn channel theres freaking obama

it feels like i am not in america anymore - its like saddams iraq and obama state run media -hes everywhere.

when has any president in our history been plastered around everywhere
on tv on the internet so freaking much HES EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and i am tired of it.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by neo67]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicaRose

You do realise that digital television has been planned since the early 1990s? I hardly think Obama was behind it.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I don't see why they would want to interrupt TV.. aside from being seen. What happened to the old radio broadcasts? If you want to hear what he has to say, maybe they should make a national radio station so he can talk. That way if you want to listen, you can... if you wanto watch TV, go for it because it's not going to be interrupted by a speech. Personally I don't watch while they're giving speeches, I just listen. Not to mention I'd rather not see his face

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
the most important thing here is how many people actually watch obama ?

if you voted for him you will and if you didnt vote for him you wont

if your on the left(not all) but most people didnt bother watching bush

obama has received more news converage than other other president in history

so imo its time to tune out.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I don't understand the problem.
Many stations will be carrying it. Some people can VOD it.
It will be available on youtube. And probably CSpan.
I rarely watch these spin-cycles anyway. Democratic, or Republican.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

For the first time in my life I actually got to vote FOR someone rather than against someone. If you see that as ass kissing, well, I’m not surprised. I may not support every detail of what he may do but generally, he is a leap in the right direction. Look at what he has had to deal with in his 1st 3 months. George Bush started his presidency by taking 6 weeks vacation.

Exactly when have you seen him answering scripted questions?
When have you seen any president take questions from anyone but the press outside of an election debate?
Do you really put George W Bush on par with any of the last 10 presidents?

reply to post by neo67

I’ve voted in every presidential election since 1984.
What Obama commercials?
On the news, yes. On the news channels, yes. Considering all the crap he’s had to deal with, are you really surprised?

“it feels like i am not in america anymore - its like saddams iraq and obama state run media -hes everywhere.”
And there it is.

Which I would expect from someone who said …..
“i am one of those extreme right wingers.”
Nothing he ever does is going to be good enough
Everything he does, you will find fault with.

You exemplify what is left of the right wing.
And I just heard 5 minutes ago that you have lost another one.
Arlen Specter just jumped ship.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join