It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX won't air Obama's press conference

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

FOX won't air Obama's press conference

features.csmonitor.com

So, he’s been in office for 100 days. One network’s reaction? Big deal….

President Obama’s got yet another prime time press conference scheduled — this one for Wednesday night — and the FOX network is saying enough’s enough. They’re opting out.

Too much Obama? Well, if you count the president’s address to Congress earlier this year, this will mark the fourth time he’s interrupted regular TV programming so far this year. Or every 25 days, he wrecks the TV schedule.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
That's right! Fox is so partisan, so hateful, that they won't air their PRESIDENT'S press conference! How sickening! How childish!

CNN and every other lefty commy pinko news source aired everything Bush did- what makes Fox think this is a good idea at all?

FOX will stick with its regular lineup instead. Undoubtedly Sean Hannity and Glenn Beck will have much fun discussing the name of that television program and contrasting it with the president’s press conference.

The name of the TV show? “Lie to Me”.

Sick.

features.csmonitor.com

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
So much for fair and balanced.

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I say good for them.

He needs to worry more about his job than his dang teleprompters.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Oh no!

Maybe they are trying to make some ratings for those who don't want to watch another Obama speech...seeings how it will be on tons of other news channels...including Fox News Channel as always.

Making something out of nothing.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
How is it sick? It's up to them what to air, and they decided not to let this one slide. It's not going to be anything different than the last... what... four press conferences he's had in the 100 days he's been president? Isn't that a little much?

I agree, don't feed his narcissism.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I think some have confused FOX Network and FOX News. FOX News will definately broadcast it.

For those of you worried about Mr. Obama not getting his press coverage........

www.mediabistro.com...

The nonpartisan research group Center for Media and Public Affairs along with California's Chapman University released a study that found the nightly newscasts devoted 27 hours, 44 minutes to Pres. Obama's presidency in his first 50 days. That compares to 7 hours, 42 minutes for Pres. George W. Bush and 15 hours, 2 minutes for Pres. Bill Clinton during the first 50 days of their first terms.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
It doesn't matter at all to me if any division of FOX airs the press conference because I won't be watching their channel anyway. But the important question for me is does this pre-empt LOST on ABC?

If so,

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Funny isn't it how visible he wants to be but how few of the rights he is trying to take from us just seem to be ignored by the MSM. I am so glad that I found ats so I can see what is going on behind the scenes.

Over saturation to the enth degree or what?????

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sadisticwoman

That's right! Fox is so partisan, so hateful, that they won't air their PRESIDENT'S press conference! How sickening! How childish!

That's a completely unfair and inaccurate characterization of Fox News.

The news conference will be carried by at least 5 networks.

What's the problem?

Are you trying to tell us that Fox is your news network of choice?

Is your remote broken?

This is a total non-issue.

Originally posted by RRconservative
I think some have confused FOX Network and FOX News. FOX News will definately broadcast it.

Thanks for the clarification, RR.

[edit on 2009/4/27 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
It's not the first time they've chosen not to donate airtime for a presidential address.

Executives at Fox, owned by News Corp., would not comment on the decision Monday. It's not without precedent for the network; Fox didn't carry a prime-time speech by President George W. Bush in November 2001 despite a request from the White House.

Fox sticking with schedule instead of Obama

If they have their own news network, why lose twice as many advertising dollars by airing it on both channels?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
A press conference? Well, he reads answers someone else quickly types into the teleprompter, and the answers are not answers, he just talks in circles without directly answering a question. And he doesn't like it when a question is asked that he doesn't want asked. Who wants to watch that?

Freedom of the press. You have the right to watch it on a channel that carries it, or not watch it. I choose to hang out here and not listen to the silver tongued devil.

[edit on 4/27/09 by opal13]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I think this was a practical decision. obama makes frequent requests for prime time and it's got to be difficult for channels who depend on advertising revenue. If the speeches keep up at this rate, possibly the broadcast channels will decide to take turns broadcasting it so no one network has to lose so much revenue so frequently. It is appropriate for the news channels to carry it but there is no reason in the world for the mainstream channels to all carry it.

I have watched all his speeches and press conference thus far and they are frankly boring. Whatever he is making statements about is the days preceding the event is what he will say in the prime time event. Even the news conferences are a regurgitation of his own talking points. I have never learned one new thing from watching. He seems to believe that the force of his personality will win over everyone and neutralize doubt or even criticism, so tries to expose us to it as frequently as possible but it's getting to be old news.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by opal13

opal, and everyone else....how is using a Tele-Promtr different than any other President of recent memory???

Oh...speaking of non-answers....I'll take "Bush 43" for a hundred, please Alex.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Fox and CNN are owned by the same people , the illusion right left paradigm strikes again.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by OpusMarkII]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sadisticwoman

The reason FOX doesn't bother, is because they can still show the highlights while maintaining their #1 ratings.

The other news organizations have nothing to lose by carrying the entire press conference, since their ratings are in the tank anyway.

Besides, every time you turn around, Obama's still in the campaign mode, posing in front of the cameras, spouting more meaningless crap.

Make something good happen, and then I may listen.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sadisticwoman

CNN and every other lefty commy pinko news source aired everything Bush did- what makes Fox think this is a good idea at all?

FOX will stick with its regular lineup instead. Undoubtedly Sean Hannity and Glenn Beck will have much fun discussing the name of that television program and contrasting it with the president’s press conference.

The name of the TV show? “Lie to Me”.

Sick.

features.csmonitor.com

Sick? Fox News is still airing it, the guy has given more prime time press conferences in his first 100 days than almost anyone in history. I say Fox has every right, NBC, CBS, and ABC didn't air every Bush press conference, and I didn't hear any whining. It's sweeps week anyhow, Fox would be stupid not to air their new show in a race to get advertising dollars.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Fox has two stations. Why would they show the press conferance on both? Those who watch it on Fox news will get a good nights sleep and those choose to watch Fox network will laugh at some entertainment.

I will watch it I suppose as long as its on before or after Lost. I just hope it is alot better then his last one. Wonder how big a television he will use this time as his prompter.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
My question is why didn't they do this before cable, you know when the President came on he came on every channel.
There will be enough coverage of his press conference. I say all the conferences should stay on the dedicated news channels and free up the other channels.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Ant4AU

Speaking of cable, maybe thats why the goverment is forcing
this digital tv on everyone.

The next thing you'll hear is obama has his own channels to spout his boring crap.

OR, maybe he will be able to interrupt any and all channels he chooses and then we'll have no choice but to listen to him.

HE is the worst pandemic that has ever hit this country, forget about all the others.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by MagicaRose]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join