It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Must-Watch:: Ron Paul Discusses Swine Flu

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Well the good ole doctor seems to be overjoyed with telling this great news. Maybe there's some hot chick filming these videos. Hell maybe the entire film crew are hot chicks. We'll never know.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by Rockpuck

He was a Gynecologist wasn't he?

During his medical career specializing in obstetrics/gynecology, he delivered more than 4,000 babies. He refused to accept payment by Medicare or Medicaid, preferring to not charge patients or to work out a cash payment.

Actually thanks for posting that statement...it had me look up some info...didn't realize that he refused medicare and medicaid payment and did't charge patients.

www.usnews.com...

Indeed, good man that Dr. Paul. I just heard once he was ob/gyn but couldn't remember if he really was. Unlike you, to lazy to research.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I think the reason tuberculosis isn't mentioned in the media is simply because it's not as contagious as the current flu in Mexico. TB *is* contagious, and has a mortality rate similar to the flu in Mexico, but it doesn't spread very readily.

Also, TB infections occur every year, not in some scary epidemic but slowly. You've got 644 deaths spread throughout a year, or a rate of less than 2 per day. With this swine flu, at least in Mexico, you've had over 80 deaths in just a few day. That's several times the number of people dying of TB per day.

During an average year, we have over 20,000 flu *deaths* (article). 54 people every day of the year. That's just ordinary flu, not anything particularly deadly. It's thirty times the daily rate of TB. And ordinary flu barely gets any air time, except maybe a short bit advising you to take aspirin, make yourself comfortable, and go to a doctor if symptoms worsen. They usual stuff.

The flu in Mexico is worrisome. In some ways it is behaving like the flu in 1917-1918, killing 5% or more of those infected. That's 10,000 times the normal mortality rate for flu. Assuming the US were infected with this deadly virus, the number of deaths would be in the millions.

As far as I know, the US still hasn't had any fatalities attributable to the current flu outbreak. The whole discussion of pandemic could be irrelevant. On the other hand, we may be facing a serious crisis. Time will tell.

[edit on 4/28/2009 by chiron613]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Are we, "the public", the only ones being threatened by this thing? Am I the only one that thinks it strange coincidence that one of the first people to die of this thing shook Obama's hand less than 48 hours before meeting his demise?

Sounds to me that it's more than just the American people who are being threatned. And that those doing the threatening don't care who knows it.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Soooo

Which US Government run Laboratory did this thing escape from?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I did a quick google search and the general accepted amount of people that die from 'regular' flu, each year, is around 250,000 world wide. That's about 685 people each day, across the world.

So why is this new strain getting so much air time and throwing WHO, etc, into doing live news broadcasts? I don't get it. Only 149 people dead in Mexico over a few days - if we say the first died last Friday then that's 5 days which is only equal to around 30 a day.

Normal flu kills 685 per day. This flu kills 30 per day. Hmmmm? The numbers just don't add up as to why this new strain is making all these headlines.

It does give the perfect excuse as to why those green shoots of a recovery might now vanish. They can now tell us how the bailouts were working but unfortunately this flu threw a huge spanner in the works. Not their fault that they wasted tax payer money because they didn't see this flu coming. Am I close?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Yeah I know what he means.

Look at this random news article. I'm sure alot of the others have similar wording.

In almost every single line theres a fact/something that isn't so bad or has not been described adequately so that it may be misinterpreted, and harsh hysterical wording next to that fact just to make it sound WAY WORSE THAN IT PROBABLY IS.

Yahoo News

- raised a global alert to an unprecedented level as the outbreak claimed more lives in Mexico

- The U.S. prepared for the worst even as President Barack Obama tried to reassure Americans.

- With the swine flu having already spread to at least four other countries

- Obama said the outbreak is "not a cause for alarm," even as the U.S. stepped up checks of people entering the country and warned U.S. citizens to avoid nonessential travel to Mexico.

I can't go on, theres too many.
But is it really necessary to portray the situation like this?!
Is it the media doing its usual thing, or are there alternate reasons?
Still... strange timing if you ask me. Although common sense tells me it is mostly the media doing its thing.
But of course they'd know that would happen wouldn't they?

While freedom of speech and media is awesome, i still wish there were some kinds of laws preventing the media from making us run around like mad headless chickens sometimes.

I wonder is pluckynoonez is having panic sex yet.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by T0by]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
The man always speaks the truth, it is amazing and sometimes I wonder, why the PTB have not tried to keep him quiet in one way or another.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I am so sick of hearing that there are no deaths yet in the US, it's just starting here and only the young have been infected, by that I mean those under the age of 25.

The problem with this type of flu is that it doesn't kill children or the elderly, it kills the healthy young adults with healthy immune systems. The flu is not what kills adults, it's the healthy bodies response to the flu that kills a person. A healthy immune system will overproduce white blood cells to kill the infection, thus filling the lungs with fluid, thus drowning the healthy person in their own secretions.

The CDC and WHO know exactly what is going on, this is a pandemic and it's just the beginning. It may take 6 month to a year before this hits it's peak, by then, there may well be millions dead.

Go read about the swine flu of 1918, they though everything was fine, they all went out to celebrate the end of the war, the next day 5,000 were infected. It didn't stop until around 1921 around the world, no air travel back then and ships would take 3 months to reach another country, not today.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Heres the commercial of the 1976 Swine Flu scare.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Peace!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I find it funny though on a normal year when it's killing the young and elderly they don't make a big stink about it and now that this particular strain causes people with strong immune systems to kill themselves from the inside it makes the news.

So all I can take away from all the news is that children, elderly, hiv and hep c folks will be fine because their immune system is already compromised in such a way to not respond drastically to this.

Last night I was wondering "OK why are they babbling on about this, when there are other things much more dangerous killing more people yearly than this has or chances are even will. No one died from it in 76 what makes them think they will this time around?"

Then it occurred to me, it's because every one of these news agencies employee people in that age group. So of course they will spam it all over the news because they are terrified it might strike them and in doing so makes it appear more volatile than it really is at the moment forcing the political hand of the government to at least look likes it's trying to do something for it's people even though in all reality other than a vaccine (that could potentially kill you back in 76) what can they do?

Restrict travel sure but can you tell me how will they stop illegal immigrants coming to this country? We can't even do that now. It is in Mexico and will be here one way or the other.

Point being no need to panic the whole population about a flu bug when there are much more pressing matters this day in age that have a much higher mortality rate. They had a panic in my state saying there were several cases here oh gee as of right now false alarm, it was a normal flu bug not the swine.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by spacedoubt

He was a Gynecologist wasn't he?

Anyways. He said the same things I've been saying. Blown far out of proportion for seemingly NO reason.

EXCEPT TO SELL VACCINES!!!

Right before I watched this, I read an article from TIME about the 80+ people who suffered complications or death from the Vaccination program in the 1970's (which Rumsfeld, again, owned shares in....)

First of all, there is more speculation it's a distraction from the economy/out of control spending and socialization of the private sector than selling vaccines for Rumsfeld.
Just Google it

Second, why would Obama be the least bit concerned about making money for Rumsfeld? That seems incredibly absurd considering how he's attacking Bush's people.

Third, Gilead doesn't market Tamiflu, Roche does. He makes money if Gilead's stock value increases, but at this point that's at the whim of Roche. Rumsfeld has no interest in Roche.

Fourthly, the original accusation began in 2006, under the auspices that avian flu was a ruse to make money for Rumsfeld. At this point I gues it's safe to assume that any flu epidemic will now be blamed on Rumsfeld.
Snopes on Tamiflu

Fifthly, some Democrats are blaming it on Karl Rove, not Rumsfeld. I haven't seen where anyone is blaming the outbreak that occured under a Democrat president on a Democrat. Could just be me, but it smells like incredibly partisan witchhunting to me.
Larry Nichols blame swine flu in Mexico on Karl Rove

Sixthly, Tamiflu is not a vaccine. There is no vaccine for swine flu yet. The CDC clearly states Tamiflu only mitigates the symptoms. And, the side effects of Tamiflu have been documented as being potentially fatal:
I wrote about the dangers of Tamiflu in 2005.

Lastly, Rumsfeld bought into Gilead in 1988, Gilead wasn't even formed until 1987. So how does Rumsfeld figure in the 1976 scare?

[edit on 28-4-2009 by Moonage]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
The man is brilliant. Thank you for finding and sharing this piece.

I am encouraged by Dr. Paul's speaking out more and more. He's right. The flu is not what we should fear but the "vaccine."

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Look folks the bailouts would have worked, I swear they were working...of all the rotten luck, all these business having to close to keep the disease from spreading...

I know this is off topic, but I think it's important to address in conjunction with everything that is going on. The "economic recovery" was an illusion. After the initial blow(s), they "printed up" (created) trillions of dollars and tucked them in financial institutions where they sit, not affecting things...yet.

But I can assure you that increasing the money supply so staggeringly hugely cannot do anything but hyperinflate the currency - WHEN it is flushed into the economy wholesale. And They plan on that. That is one way to take away our wealth (what little is left of it). And then control us.

And control is what they're after, both in hyping Tamiflu and in hyperinflating our currency.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit_earth
The doctor sums most of it up although he never quite gave an answer why he thinks HLS and the media are hyping it up..

Interesting indeed..

I think he did but not in a blatant way. He said, "Those who love big government take advantage of things like this." That pretty much summed it up. I think he was saying that the reason they are hyping this up is to use it against us should they decide this is the perfect opportunity to use the extraordinary powers Bush put into place. Remember, one of his executive orders gave the president to declare martial law in America should he determine we are in a state of emergency.

I don't know if they'll really do it. I think they are just testing the waters right now. Maybe it's a test run.

One thing is for certain, I am in no way freaked out by swine flu. The only thing that has me worried is why they are hyping it up so much. I'm not worried about getting sick; I'm worried about losing more freedoms.

Ron Paul is the ONLY (and I mean only) reason I don't want term limits for representatives.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit_earth
The doctor sums most of it up although he never quite gave an answer why he thinks HLS and the media are hyping it up..

Interesting indeed..

Well, when he spoke about big government, it seemed to me he was hinting about the idea of crisis management. A government that wants to get more and more control, will use any minor or major crisis to achieve that. A guest on Alex Jones show thought a similar thing about Mexico, they are having some stability problems right now, but having a swine flu crisis will allow them to get troops into the streets if they want without too much opposition.

Originally posted by WISHADOW
Well the good ole doctor seems to be overjoyed with telling this great news. Maybe there's some hot chick filming these videos. Hell maybe the entire film crew are hot chicks. We'll never know.

A bit offtopic, but check out this video, many people were 'impressed' to say the least by his secretary

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
"Don't blame me, I voted for Ron Paul."

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

ProtoPlasmic was being very sarcastic in that quote.

sorry for next two posts my comp had hiccup

[edit on 28-4-2009 by FX44rice]

link   

link   

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>