It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That's Just Stupid (TECH)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I work in a ISP tech support center.
Most of the time, if I can avoid it, I don't refer people their OEM, unless it's a specific piece of equipment or programing.

Dell is a major issue to me. We get a lot of calls that go like this:
Hi, Dell just walked me through reloading my computer, and now I can't get online.

Drivers weren't reinstalled, so they have no internet connection.

So, at first we referred them back to Dell, but after this call, I just refer them to a local tech.

Apparently, she'd been referred to Dell by one of the techs at the call center, and she'd then been told to cal us back because network adapters have nothing to do with getting online, it was something on our end.

Next one was a lady who'd been to Best Buy and got her computer worked on by one of their Geek Squad.
Apparently the fellow told her that she didn't need any kind of virus protection, that Vista could just take care of itself.
She's been having issues with it now for about a week, can't use her LAC at all, and only bare minimum access over her wireless.
Directed her to Malwarebytes but the page was blocked, was able to download avast and spybot.
:bnghd:

What kind of people are they hiring at these places?

Yeesh. I'm not a genius, by any means but... that just seems idiotic.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by RuneSpider]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Network adapters have nothing to do with internet and computers don't need virus protection if they have vista for an OS huh?

I wonder the same thing, what kind of people are they hiring? I am by no means a computer expert and am in a lot of ways computer illiterate but even I know that network adapters DO have to do with getting on line and that ALL computers should have virus protection, even Vista.

I have vista and I can tell you, if I didnt have virus protection my computer would have been wiped out long ago!

Bunch of morons, people are, aren't they?:bash:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
oh, this points out something ridiculous when it comes to me. I've got roughly 15+ years using and repairing computers. I'm self taught. I can't get into the computer repair industry and I outshine those idiots who supposedly have gotten the training that I supposedly don't have. So idiots like that can get a job and I who could do a (Bleep) of a lot better job can't!!

Grrrrr......

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

I hear ya my friend. My step dad has been out of work since August. He works with computers like you and is really good like you. His last job was working in IT and he got laid off, now no one will hire him.

To my buddy RuneSpider, I've heard some crazy stories from my step dad about working in IT. He'd normally come home with some thing to complain about.

[edit on 4/28/2009 by Slash]

top topics

join