It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Video London

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by HolgerTheDane

Originally posted by Ansiroth
***snip***
I absolutely agree, as i have stated earlier we have people claiming that the lights are reflections off of what they assume is a "double window" of some kind. A man that does windows for a living (if thats the correct way to describe it) has commented that he has never heard of these.
***snip***

As a man living in a cold climate with old houses I can categorically say that "double windows" are a very common thing in Europe.

If you live in an old house it will improve your heat expenses if you put an extra layer of glass between you and nature.

extra layer of glass #1

extra layer of glass #2

Some of the ways to improve on housing estates was to include an extra facade to minimize heat bills or to include an open veranda as a heat sink.

Common knowledge in Denmark and England. Obviously not in the States.

It was me who works with windows for a living, and yes, I'm from the states. What you have pictured there looks like wood windows for the first pic that has an awning that will swing towards you, and then another operable sash to move up and down. Whats in the video is clearly a white vinyl casement window. Casements swing outwards(away from you) which you can clearly see in the video. As for the "double glass" theory which you presented, I don't see why they would have that installed, as he clearly has well insulated glass that I can easily see. Any kind of insulated glass works just like you first picture, but uses less material, while retaining the same effect with less parts and pieces. I've sold windows to certain cabins in Canada, and the insulated windows I sell them works more then fine, and doesn't need any kind of system that you're showing me here.

As for the second picture you showed me, yes, I've seen those systems before in skyscrappers and in some hotels. Those are Aluminum windows, but aren't even close to how the windows in the video operate. The reason for the double windows there isn't really for insulation, but for safety procedure for people not jumping out of windows or falling out, etc. Also, the operation on those is EXTREMELY similar to a "double hung" window. Double hungs have two independent sashes that only move up and down. The ones in the picture do just that, but wont let your window to fully open all the way, due to safety procedures that I already said. Also, in the video, his windows move outward, not up and down like an operable sash.

Now, I'm not saying this is the end-all be-all of UFO videos, but what I am saying is I'm more aware of how windows work, even if the styles are a bit different in London. The video, to me, looks real, but what I will tell you right now, with all honesty, is there isn't a second window giving off the reflection. If someone is holding a piece of glass over the roof to give a reflection is another thing. I'm just saying I know that his windows are clearly open, is a white-vinyl, insulated glass, casement style window, and there isn't another window present to give off the reflection, unless someone is on the roof.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by xetex

I must say that this 'could' be the Aurora that the US is using. (Triangle shaped aircraft with zero-gravity propulsion)

If Aurora exists why would it be hovering over suburban England? If the US were going to test something as extreme and black as Aurora in the UK they would do off our coasts like the RAF do.

I still can't understand the whole reflection theory. The window is wide open and the light is reflecting off the corner of the widow frame. If there was a secondary pane of glass the light hitting the corner of the window frame from the room would also be reflecting in the 'secondary pane' and clearly is not.

Also i can't see it be a LED light because it's too stable.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Originally posted by Ansiroth

I don't quite understand what you people imply that these lights are the result of some reflection, off of some supposed double-glass that a window expert claims he's never heard of.

A window expert who's never heard of "double-glazing"...

And why are you so irate about all this?

It's early days and everyone is entitled to their opinions aren't they?

I imagine a lot of the skeptics are just as irate about so many people assuming this is a real craft but they are trying to provide explanations.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: "Secondary Glazing" is the addition of a second layer of glazing to existing windows, it is very old-hat and used very little in the UK anymore.

"Double-glazing" is the common replacement these days and consists of two layers sandwiched together with a vaccum cavity filled with a gas.

The panels for "double-glazing" can be unmounted from the frame by removing the plastic beading holding them in.

And even a single piece of glass can provide two reflections if you look closely depending on the thickness.

These days people also have their older "double-glazing" replaced with a more modern version.

Double glass is COMMON and almost the "norm" in the UK.

[edit on 28/4/2009 by nerbot]
In the industry, we don't typically refer to these as "glazing", but "insulated". The insulation can be anything from a gas(argon) to just plain air. Typically, most companies have switched to all air, due to the gas leaking(isn't harmful at all), and becoming useless after 2-3 years. The reason why this shouldn't be an issue, like I tried to point out, is the glass is all in one piece. Yes, its sandwiched, but its all one piece of insulated glass. Your terminology is different then what we us here in the states, but its the same thing. I wish you wouldn't make fun of me, as I am VERY knowledgeable over windows.

What I'm saying, is he has a NEW vinyl window, that has insulated(double glazed) windows. What this means, is that he only has one piece of a glass pane per frame, which is clearly open, and clearly a insulated window(glass). Anymore questions about windows, and I'm more then happy to answer questions. Just don't jump on me cause the terminology is slightly different, when we are clearly talking about the same thing.

Thanks

[edit on 28-4-2009 by TravisT]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegatronX

I still can't understand the whole reflection theory. The window is wide open and the light is reflecting off the corner of the widow frame. If there was a secondary pane of glass the light hitting the corner of the window frame from the room would also be reflecting in the 'secondary pane' and clearly is not.

Also i can't see it be a LED light because it's too stable.

I'm doubtful about the reflection theory as well.

But if it were, there are small twin light torches available.

Like these:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/73d95d02460c.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2ce2c829fca2.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
It's been really funny watching people try to debunk this. No one has really done the job though. He is in a car on a cell phone camera. The way the camera reacts when it speeds off. He obviously freaked out, wouldn't you?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TravisT

Cheers for your imput, and yes, terminology is different from US to UK windows.

My point was.....forget the frame and window, ignore it, it plays no part in the effect. And as for someone with a piece of glass on the roof opposite, that's just rediculous.

I've suggested this in my earlier posts but people have obviously missed it:

Omit all light sources except one and hold a piece of glass up infront of you to see the reflection of the lightsource behind you, then tilt the glass so the image "shoots" off out of view.

Magicians and hoaxers (ghost photos etc) have used this method to perform tricks for decades.

Modern lights can also use dimmer switches and the light(s) in the clip appears with little glare so could be turned right down.....in a "chilled-out" atmosphere with music btw.

Like Chadwickus said, let's see if there are any further reports to confirm this eh.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
He is in a car on a cell phone camera.

How did he get his car into the first floor room of his house?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Well he is on a cell phone camera anyway. I'm just amused how everyone is really not doing well at tearing this one down. I mean cmon double window? That's just funny, you cannot see any reflections including the reflection to the light on the back of his phone while he records this whole thing. I don't see a reflection of a radio.. I don't see a reflection of anything (you have to already know that glass reflects everything??). All i see is a triangle in the sky.... It's not double glass. Come up with a different one plz.

I've also noticed that no one is taking the side information about the person who filmed this into account.

Originally posted by Republican08
reply to post by DaMod

In his info of the video, he did say he used his Cell Phone Camera, to take the video.

The UFO video clashes with everything he has in his profile, it's all music genre stuff. Doesn't seem like he'd be a hoaxer, doesn't really seem like he'd of ever heard about a ufo before in his life opposed to once or twice in a movie.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by Republican08]

[edit on 28-4-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Ok can we forget about the window for just a second.

I posted this earlier

If anyone can please stop and start the video until a split second before the lights speed off. Look at the lower chimney just below the lights.

Just a split second before lift off(27 seconds in), I can see something stick up from the chimney. Its very quick and it looks like a long thin line, pointing up and slightly to the right, blink and it is gone.

does no one else see this?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by PowerSlave

Could you perhaps post a still of this? I don't see anything like that. Could you maybe point it out?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Yeah, I'm not sure what you're talking about. If you can post a still that would be great.

I'm about to message this guy, and see if he can make a video of the room he was in, and just right outside, so we can see whats possible as far as hoaxs go. I hope he'll do this.

Edit: Message is away. I'm awaiting to hear back from him, hopefully with a daytime video of the room and outside.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by TravisT]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
reply to post by TravisT

Cheers for your imput, and yes, terminology is different from US to UK windows.

My point was.....forget the frame and window, ignore it, it plays no part in the effect. And as for someone with a piece of glass on the roof opposite, that's just rediculous.

I've suggested this in my earlier posts but people have obviously missed it:

Omit all light sources except one and hold a piece of glass up infront of you to see the reflection of the lightsource behind you, then tilt the glass so the image "shoots" off out of view.

Magicians and hoaxers (ghost photos etc) have used this method to perform tricks for decades.

Modern lights can also use dimmer switches and the light(s) in the clip appears with little glare so could be turned right down.....in a "chilled-out" atmosphere with music btw.

Like Chadwickus said, let's see if there are any further reports to confirm this eh.
I see what you're saying, but I can't see any sort of glass. Just listen for a sec:

-The window is clearly open: Check

-He puts his camera just outside of the window frame, and hanging slightly outside of the house: Check

Now, I'm not saying its impossible to be doing what you're talking about, as Ive seen it done before, but my question is, where is he holding the glass? It doesn't seem to be inside, as I can't find any edge of glass, and if it was outside, then someone would have to be holding it up with a frame or something.

Again, I'm going to try and message him, and see if he could make a daytime video of his room, and around the outside of his window, to get an idea of whats going on.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by HooHaa

I just might begin to shake uncontrollably if I had a camera in my hand that was pointed at something like this, and that reaction with an idea in mind as to what it could possibly be. Who knows. Borderline off-topic, my man.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

LOL are you serious? That's all you say? It's a reflection, with no proof? Just what the hell are you afraid of?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Yo! What other thread are you referring to where this video was debunked? It MUST still be here...mods? Help us out?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
My impression is airplane landing lights. Of course, the ending makes that a little problematic.

But the effect at the end is troublesome. When the lights move around the frame because of the motion of the camera they draw continuous lines (in a single frame), very different from what happens at the end. I have a hunch it's video manipulation.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
reply to post by kinda kurious

Wow, you've completely kurioused me!

When I saw the pic you posted with two but the third going different ways.

Well now i'm just confused, I would assume they were moving in uniform but one not so, so they wouldn't be connected. Who knows the Air Force has formations, who's to say ET don't have there own formations and this guy just goofed a little, this one has me puzzled.

Ok now, one question here; since we have the frame grab of the object(s) departing, if it were a reflection from lights, wouldn't they also be parallel to one another? I'm not asking because I know the answer, I'm asking because I'd like an answer.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Just had a look at the picture a few times at around the 27 mark as suggested. I think its just poor resolution rather than anything else.

I still suggest if people think they can replicate this, then please do so tonight. I'll be having a go and I'm leaning towards the hoax theory. If more people decide to give it a try then we'll have varied camera phone results which we can compare. No point in just keep on saying 'its a reflection'. We have been supplied with various methods of doing this, so should be no reasons why we cant replicate a similar piece of footage.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ahh yes phage, how are you? Been a long time no? You ready for a debate?

Lets hypothetically say for now that it is a craft and not an airplane or anything else. Lets take into account that the method of recording is a cell phone camera (all of which being of questionable quality). Wouldn't you say that wiggles in the camera on a stationary craft would have a different effect than one that is darting off at incredible (unthinkable) speed?

I knew it was only a matter of time before you joined us. Well welcome to the party, the keg is on the deck help yourself.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
I make no claims to authenticity yet.

Here is a frame grab of "departure."

If it was a single object, one would expect the 3 streaks to be parallel. No?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2e0e844525e8.jpg[/atsimg]

KK

[edit on 27-4-2009 by kinda kurious]

If it was someone reflecting a light onto a pane of glass between the camera and the window, then I would expect that the lights would be perfectly parallel. If you have an object that is coming closer to you as it moves, you are going to see that the lines are not parallel, they would separate as the object gets closer to you, or closer together if they are moving away from you. In my opinion, the fact that they are not 100% parallel only adds to the authenticity of the video.

Reference information on perspective:
Perspective

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join