It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Video London

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Wow. I believe its real. The window is clearly wide open, i cant see any reflections at all. it isnt digitall placed as the tracking would be erratic to keep the object in a fixed position.... as for the light trail.

Well its either they turned them off as it shot off...or the thing decided to go into "hyper drive" surely physics could solve the light problem.

fascinating stuff though.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ansiroth
***snip***
I absolutely agree, as i have stated earlier we have people claiming that the lights are reflections off of what they assume is a "double window" of some kind. A man that does windows for a living (if thats the correct way to describe it) has commented that he has never heard of these.
***snip***

As a man living in a cold climate with old houses I can categorically say that "double windows" are a very common thing in Europe.

If you live in an old house it will improve your heat expenses if you put an extra layer of glass between you and nature.

extra layer of glass #1

extra layer of glass #2

Some of the ways to improve on housing estates was to include an extra facade to minimize heat bills or to include an open veranda as a heat sink.

Common knowledge in Denmark and England. Obviously not in the States.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by HolgerTheDane

While I am not saying this is real I do feel that I should inform you that from my experience of properties in the uk( I have worked for many years within the property sector) when you have double glazing as this bloke has you never find secondary glazing as well.Its not cold enough here to warrant it.
The video is interesting now I have established that it was shot through an open window.If fake( which I suspect it is ) then he has done a good job

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

I saw this one weeks ago and am convinced it is CGI, albeit a good one until the end which wrecked it in my view.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
What bothers me about this video is that the lights are all very similar to start with, secondly when they fly off they all go at the exact same speed and angle. That would suggest it is a light source with 3 lights being held by a person and then rapidly moved away. This would show the exact same thing.

Maybe they could also be strong lights strapped to a stand to keep them stationary and reflecting off of the clouds, however that ones a bit of a stretch so i go with the first explanation.

Sorry but because of the above reasons i'm calling fake.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Here is the original MP4 version of the video which I have uploaded to ATSMEDIA so you can all have a good look

(click to open player in new window)

I have to say this looks genuine..

For all the debunkers saying it's a reflection from secondary glazing are wrong.

Secondary glazing was used on older windows and were mainly used on bay windows (as the houses over the road). As you can see in the video the guy has NEW Pvc double glazing. The reflection from the street light that is reflecting off the frame would also cause a haze/mist across any glass if there was a secondary pane infront of the camera. If there was a second pane you would also see the cameraman/room in at least one of the shots.

Also I think if this is a single craft the orientation being the < arrow point would be facing left, which would make the lights align better.

Also when the camera shakes all the lights (houses over the road) are in sync, so I would say the lights in the sky have not been added.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by UKWO1Phot

However there could be a pane of glass stuck to the frame of that window and a light being shone upon it. Can't rule out a deliberate hoax like that. If i did that i'd make sure to get the window in frame to prove it was open. If i spotted something like this outside my window then i would make sure to steady the camera on the window frame as well. Seems like common sense.

Also how calm was he when that video ended? A simple "gone"! Now some people stay calm but there wasb't even a hint of excitement in his voice.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Also how calm was he when that video ended? A simple "gone"! Now some people stay calm but there wasb't even a hint of excitement in his voice.

We're English... We don't do jumping around like freaks shouting our heads off.

Also he only filmed the lights for 30 seconds. It would take that time for your brain to get into gear and realise it was something amazing, if all you were doing is sitting in your room listening to music and chilling out. You see a light outside, wonder what it is, grab your phone, flick to video mode, as you start to think it's something unusual, BAM, Gone....

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Unfortunately, that does not make a better quality video, the ATS Media Portal is useless for making good analysis of videos or photos.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
It was interesting how fast it took off.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Something that bothered me was that after he zooms out the subsequent zoom back in is instant making me think the video had been edited. However, the music doesn't miss a beat.

I've just looked at my own phone and discovered it also has an instant zoom. You simply select x1 or x2 and it 'jumps' to that magnification. So it's quite likely that this is in fact all one take.

As regards the window, I live in the UK and I can't remember ever seeing double windows of the sort described. Maybe they're common in Denmark but definitely not in England.

All in all a pretty convincing video and on youtube too! If it's a hoax then it's not been shown to be one yet.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Unfortunately, that does not make a better quality video, the ATS Media Portal is useless for making good analysis of videos or photos.

Hey, not my video man... Just uploading the original so people can have a look.

Camera phone footage is always #e no matter what make of phone it is (although sony ericsson seem a little better IMO).

Personally when I'm in the garden skywatching I have:-

DSLR with 75-300mm. (with remote switch)
Sony handicam on tripod (with nightshot)
Binoculars
Sleeping bag (when it gets chilly)
Beer

Even with all that I've missed some great meteors.
Unfortunately I have only ever caught one unknown anomaly.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I'd like to address what are in my opinion a number of very silly comments claiming that this video must be a fake because the guy taking it doesn't react more, especially when it moves off.

Many British people can be extremely understated and phlegmatic in the face of what to many Americans would be cause for incessant whooping, screaming and hyperbole. Want an example?

Prince Charles Attack

The reaction of the person who took this video is no basis whatsoever for concluding it must be a fake. Not everyone yells and babbles like guests on the Jerry Springer Show in the face of something unusual or threatening.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by Malcram]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   

As regards the window, I live in the UK and I can't remember ever seeing double windows of the sort described. Maybe they're common in Denmark but definitely not in England.

When I moved into my house (old victorian with bay windows front and rear) the old guy who I bought it off had had them installed rather than paying the expense of having double glazed bays. They are rather cumbersome and the ones he had you couldn't open any of the windows without swinging the panes inward. (which was rather dangerous as they were on flimsy plastic hinges) Hence they were removed and replaced...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ansiroth

I don't quite understand what you people imply that these lights are the result of some reflection, off of some supposed double-glass that a window expert claims he's never heard of.

A window expert who's never heard of "double-glazing"...

And why are you so irate about all this?

It's early days and everyone is entitled to their opinions aren't they?

I imagine a lot of the skeptics are just as irate about so many people assuming this is a real craft but they are trying to provide explanations.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: "Secondary Glazing" is the addition of a second layer of glazing to existing windows, it is very old-hat and used very little in the UK anymore.

"Double-glazing" is the common replacement these days and consists of two layers sandwiched together with a vaccum cavity filled with a gas.

The panels for "double-glazing" can be unmounted from the frame by removing the plastic beading holding them in.

And even a single piece of glass can provide two reflections if you look closely depending on the thickness.

These days people also have their older "double-glazing" replaced with a more modern version.

Double glass is COMMON and almost the "norm" in the UK.

[edit on 28/4/2009 by nerbot]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

I am English as well, i am not expecting him to act all American, i would at the very least however expect to see some undercurrent of emotion. There seemed to be none, like he had seen that every night of his life, it was just a little to calm in my opinion.

It could be fake, it is bad quality footage, which could have very possibly been made by using a piece of glass stuck to the window frame and reflecting something off of it. It could also have been someone on the ground shining lights up onto the clouds.

It is very possible that it's a hoax as there are methods to do it, so i will not accept this as evidence of anything, and before you leap on me as one of those classic debunkers i would say i do believe there is some weird stuff flying around our skies. I prefer to think it's our own technology but that doesn't matter. The point being extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence and this just isn't it.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
For those of you who think this is a result of our amazing British double windows? what are you talking about? what a load of rubbish.

It's obvious if he is looking at the house opposite, haw can he use the side window to reflect anything? you cant it's as simple as that, you would have to be looking at an angle which would be looking down the street, or close, away from the house, you would notice it I promise you.

It's obvious the debunkers don't have a clue on this video, notice how all the regular, listen to me debunkers are absent? apart from a quick easynow with their I saw this a year ago on ATS, where's the thread link please?

The words I don't know are allowed on here, most of the time without losing face.

Excellent video, hard to disprove right now, one of the best I have ever seen, if this does turn out to be a fake, then I give up, we will never be able to prove anything genuine, while people keep sprouting they can do the same video easily, but then don't post that they have, I see several comments like that.

IMO this is genuine, genuine footage of what? I don't know, it's flying, it's not a balloon, certainly not a Lantern, not a reflection of any kind, it was there above and behind those houses, if my judgement of these houses is right, and I do live in one very similar, I would say that Object has to be at least 100 yrds from the tip to any one of the two bottom lights.

Think I'm wrong? show me different.

Just need to keep the person who filmed it, away from the life destroying skeptics, for his own sake.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin
For those of you who think this is a result of our amazing British double windows? what are you talking about? what a load of rubbish.

It's obvious if he is looking at the house opposite, haw can he use the side window to reflect anything? you cant it's as simple as that, you would have to be looking at an angle which would be looking down the street, or close, away from the house, you would notice it I promise you.

FORGET the open window.

Imagine a seperate piece of glass infront of the camera inside the window opening.

It's obvious the debunkers don't have a clue on this video, notice how all the regular, listen to me debunkers are absent?

I'm here.

See my edited post above.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

FORGET the open window.

Imagine a seperate piece of glass infront of the camera inside the window opening.

Don't bother, i've been trying to say that but they just keep harping on about the window being open and missing the idea of a separate piece of glass.

azzllin

If this is the best footage you've seen then you can't have watched many videos. Over the years both on ATS and elsewhere i've seen better videos, many of which have been during daylight hours. To me no night time footage can compare to daylight footage (unless it's using night vision).

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I think we need to see if there are any other reports of these lights that night.

Will go a long way to corroborating this story.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join