It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Video London

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I took another one.... Ok, with this one i thought..Ok I live in a similar house to this guy, the rooms are probably, within a couple of feet, the same size. So i positioned the LED torch about 8 feet (2.46 metres) from the glass straight onto it and then moved towards the glass to take the picture. Note how the beam on the glass is so tiny that even though, through the viewfinder it seemed to be a steady shot, it was in fact slightly blurred just by my own body motion in holding the camera and hitting the take pic button..

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
If anyone is going to test this properly, it needs to be through glass where there is actual light on the other side I still firmly believe there would have to be some sort of reflection on the glass. I don't see how you could avoid it. Especially when a bright street light is just.. right there. And quite visible on the window pane. Even in the momentary glimpses of the open window, you can clearly see reflections.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I am stunned at some of the responses here, especially from some of the newer members.

If you're that 100% absolutely guaranteed sure this is a UFO then any credibility this web site has/had for logical analysis, sensible debate and a realistic approach to ALL the possibilities has GONE!

There must be quite a few of the seasoned members just shaking their heads in disbelief and staff are probably glad for the attention this is getting.

Qudos to those who have and are presenting evidence either way and shame on those who only see what they want to see without considering option and different perspectives....

I'm off, have fun....nerb

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
There again, the newbies might well be able to spell the word kudos.

If there's one thing you singularly failed to do it was add a single word to help any informed debate and analysis.

I don't know what the guy filmed and for that matter neither do you. We take what evidence is provided and try to make some kind of guess, however informed or ill informed, at what the mechanics of the evidence proffered might be.
The last time i checked, informed debate, didn't actually include asinine comments about how *thing were much better in my day*, by people who can;t be bothered to climb down from their lofty perches amongst the great pantheon of "Well I'm right no matter what you think, because my ego tells me I am".

I'm sure the guy bitterly regrets that, just to satisfy your prejudices, he didn't actually capture some little grey personage leaning out of a portal with a banner saying "Yes it's an alien ship we are here, tremble in awe puny earthlings"...

But hey, that's life... It's like the teacher always told us at school. Answer the question you are asked not the question you want them to ask. In this case it is an interesting video that might, or might not be, a fake, a deliberate hoax, or genuine footage of something strange.

It might well turn out to be something totally mundane. Funnily enough posting patronising side swipes won't help, one iota, to ascertain what it actually is.

During the course of this thread i, personally , have learned stuff about glass and LEDs that i didn't know prior to it being posted. That alone makes it worthwhile as in, future , i now have a few more weapons to turn towards any footage that might be offered.

Now i am deeply sorry if this is all old news to the likes of your omnipotent self, see i can do patronising every bit as well as you, but that's the nature of notice boards like this.

One has to constantly reiterate things that, to us old hats, might be blindingly obvious but to the *lay person* is not so obvious.

In this case, i, personally and gawd knows I've seen mounds of obvious crap hoaxes, think it might just be something quite interesting the guy has caught on video. It might well turn out to be, anything but. That's not the point, the point is. It's been offered for discussion, so we are doing exactly that, despite that some people think it is , somehow beneath them, to.

maybe if you ask politely the mods will open a section on the boards called. "Only the best quality genuine accredited footage for the superior beings on the site", I wouldn't hold my breath though.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Allright, So I only read up to about page 13 and then skipped ahead, not sure if this has been brought up again and discussed, although user FlySolo mentioned it on page 4:

Originally posted by FlySolo
you can hear a sound in the split nano second it shoots off. I watched the clip a few times exactly at this point. The lights blur, hold for a mlisec then shoot out like an elastic band. Right at that point I can hear a small boom. I thought maybe it could be some percussion with the guitar solo in the music but I don't think so. It doesn't sound like drums.

If you listen, there is a very distinct "PAH" as the object departs, which definitely adds a unique aspect to the footage, hoaxed or not. I think the footage is genuine.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I've not seen a single person say that this was an alien ufo with certainty in this thread. I've seen many people say "omg lolfake!" You call that reasoned analysis? What are you talking about?

I don't know about anyone else, but I'll always call out someone who decides that saying "omg that's so fake, it's obvious! Reflection!" is careful analysis and study. Or someone who has already come up with a laundry-list of ready made reasons why it must be fake, because they MUST debunk it.

For example: People say "Yea, pretty sure it's CGI." I ask "Why?" Response? Nothing. It's apparently CGI because they feel it must be. Brilliant.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Military craft of ET craft, whichever one proves the existence of ETs anyway.
It's obviously anti-gravity from the looks of how it takes off, and there is no possible way humans came up with this sort of thing without alien influence.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
In the original MP4 video, notice the movement of the object just before it accelerates.
You can see the MP4 video embedded in THIS earlier post..

These are extremely precise, extremely straight movements..

IMO, this is extremely odd and would be almost impossible to fake unless you used an elaborate mechanical rig of some sort. No human would have been able to manipulate an LED light that perfectly, keep them aligned, make the movements so perfect. Which I think we've already ruled out reflections anyway due to the window being open...

I went through the entire thread again just to catch up with you guys (great work all). The movements just before it darts off are more interesting to me than the actual darting off itself that some of you have posted images of.. That looks like a solid, extremely large object moving side to side and then accelerating instantaneously at an immense speed.

Another reason this can't be a reflection or hoaxed fake is because of the precise movements of the lights when the object accelerates at the end (this has already been talked about to great length). The lights accelerate together but are not parallel. This is what we would expect to see from a solid, legit object accelerating at immense speed. It has also been pointed out that this trailing effect is what you would expect from this kind of cell-phone camera. If someone had created an LED light rig in order to make some kind of faked image, the light movements would have ALL been parallel (I completely agree with your assessments on this).

I would also guess that if you were to break down the video and trace out the movements of the 3 lights just before the object darts off, you would also find evidence that they move very slightly with relation to one another (see earlier link to "Perspective"). This is what we would expect to see and that's what the video appears to show I think. I'll mess with it a little bit and see what I can get.

But, more than that, the extremely straight and precise movements just before it accelerates proves a flying craft of some sort. Everything in the video (down to all the details) seem to prove that this was real and not a hoax. This one is not so easy to debunk. I belive that's the consensus so far and that is also my personal opinion. Everything points to this being legitimate, and that is amazing when you consider how everyone has worked together to try and debunk and/or figure this one out. I've seen alot of videos like this, too, and there is something different about this one..

-ChriS

[edit on 29-4-2009 by BlasteR]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
i don't think this has been asked, which means it's probably not relevant . . .

but why does one of the light sources apparently produce 3 streaks of light while the other light sources only produce 2 streaks of light?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I've been looking at some stills I took and noticed something else.
The slight movements are evident in some of the other images previous posters have shown. But this object also slightly rotates throughout the video which is extremely difficult to tell unless you compare the stills.

This image was earlier on in the video (maybe about 10-12 seconds in)

This is a couple frames before the next one

This is the very last still of the object just before it accelerates. (all images from the realplayer version of the original MP4.

There are some differences here..
One is that the 3 sets of lights in the very last still are brighter than in the previous stills. Most notably, it is much brighter than the first one from early on in the video if you compare the two. This could just be an imaging quirk. But it is interesting when you think about a potential UFO "powering up" basically (which many UFO witnesses have talked about in their first-hand accounts).

In the last few frames before the object accelerates, it makes slow, quick movements as I talked about earlier. At first it moves toward the camera slightly as you can see if you compare the frames in the video. The object moves side to side, then it moves over to the left with very exact, very straight maneuvers just before instantly accelerating to breakneck speeds. The movements are not so evident at first (I didn't notice them at first either). But they are clear when you look at the last few seconds of the video over and over. The object is definately moving slightly with relation to the camera and the building rooftops just below the craft/object (these can be used as reference points to gain a general perspective).

The second and third (last one before object accelerates) stills I posted can also be compared. The slight difference in location of the lights between these last 2 stills (just a couple frames apart in the video), again with relation to our points of reference in the rooftops, illustrate very well the leftward movement of the object just prior to accelerating out of the shot. I would have made a gif image to go back and forth to show the leftward movement but I don't have the software to do that I don't think. But it IS there.

It is also clear when you compare Still 1 to Still 3 that the orientation of the craft/object is slightly different as the video progresses. This means that the craft must have rotating slightly to where the light at the top was near or at vertical just at the moment the object accelerates. Very cool.

You can also open each of these image stills independently in your browser and quickly select them one after the other (back and forth) to gain a better idea of the movements and rotation I'm talking about.

-ChriS

[edit on 29-4-2009 by BlasteR]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Excellent
, I thought I saw the same movement of the object. Now if this movement corresponds to camera movement, then I would have to say it is a reflection of some sort.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shambles
Excellent
, I thought I saw the same movement of the object. Now if this movement corresponds to camera movement, then I would have to say it is a reflection of some sort.

It actually does not seem to correllate with the camera movement. The object moves independently of the camera and is in different positions with relation to the rooftops and the camera at various points in the video. This is more evident if you do a frame by frame analysis (as I said before) but I did illustrate these movements pretty well in the stills I posted.

The reflections theory has been discussed to some length already.. And pretty much ruled out. Mainly because we know the window is open as has previously been discussed. But also because of other factors (also previously discussed).

-ChriS

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
reply to post by highlander2008

It's the Aurora. The triangle craft that either belong to the US government or some ET being (conjecture based on available evidence). Good find.

Yeah...cos they just hang all their covert and secret aircraft over housing estates so everyone and his dog can see and film them don't they....

Get a grip.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlasteR

Originally posted by Shambles
Excellent

It actually does not seem to correllate with the camera movement. The object moves independently of the camera and is in different positions with relation to the rooftops and the camera at various points in the video. This is more evident if you do a frame by frame analysis (as I said before) but I did illustrate these movements pretty well in the stills I posted.

The reflections theory has been discussed to some length already.. And pretty much ruled out. Mainly because we know the window is open as has previously been discussed. But also because of other factors (also previously discussed).

-ChriS

Interesting. I didn't mention this in my post, but in the email the guy sent me he said that one thing he noticed was just before they shot off they appeared to get brighter, then all slightly move as if "aligning". This corresponds with what people have noticed independently in the video it seems!

[edit on 29-4-2009 by highlander2008]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
As I said in an earlier post, last night I attempted to recreate the clip, but failed due to bad weather. Basically it was pissing it down and the windows were wet.

I'll give it a try again tonight when its dark and hopefully the weather will be better. Am I the only one here who is trying to actually prove its a hoax rather than just saying so?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
I am stunned at some of the responses here... If you're that 100% absolutely guaranteed sure this is a UFO then any credibility this web site has/had for logical analysis, sensible debate and a realistic approach to ALL the possibilities has GONE!

Good call.

I've not read the whole thread, because frankly I don't see the point, but there are two points on each corner because he has double glazing.

S.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Smokersroom

if that's you're attempt to debunk, then think you should read.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Haven't seen the video yet (firewall :-6), but from what I've read and seen, I'd like to add:

- If there's a "boom" sound audible in the exact moment the object moves off, it's not from the object. Because sound needs some time to travel.

- There's a stroboscope effect in the frame when the lights move off. It was assumed here that this is caused by a 400Hz modulation of the lights. Well, I doubt there are any light bulbs, tubes, LEDs etc. that would display such a clear stroboscope effect just because they are powered by alternating current (Just wave your cell phone cam wildly at an electric light source of your choice. In the resulting frames, you won't notice any modulation whatsoever, just straight lines). So either these are aliens who are into disco and like stroboscopes, or it's just an animation rendered at 400 FPS.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Verklagekasper]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
reply to post by dainoyfb

What if someone used a sheet of glass and a light source? If they suddenly moved the light source, with a poor camera filming it would we see the streaks we have here? What if they used a stationary light source and tilted the glass?

If they used a sheet of glass duct taped to the outside of the window as you've suggested then how would they tilt it? Bearing in mind they would have to be able to do it with one hand as the other is occupied with the phone camera.

Likewise moving the light source in the room. This would also have to be achieved one handed. Are they holding the light source in their other hand? If so, they've done well to stop their arm being reflected in the glass. Or maybe if they'd rigged up some kind of pulley system then the rig isn't being reflected either.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
for anyone that wants to see the original video straight off the cell phone heres how:

take the youtube link, copy it to clipboard.
go to www.file2hd.com

paste the link, agree to terms and conditions, tick the 'video' check box and press go.

you'll get a link to download both the low quality streamed version and the original file that the user uploaded. the website also works with myspace and a bunch of others.
you wont get better quality than the original file, without doctoring the video in some editing software.

personally i just wish he'd come and post in here.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join