It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Video London

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I'm not sure but the odd movement kind of looks like it could be due to the long exposure combined with the movement of the camera. This can happen because the pixel values are being read and recorded sequentially over a relatively long period of time so when the camera moves, different parts of the image get written to incorrect locations when the scene (camera) is moving.

As for your suggestion about the LEDs I completely agree. I have built complex power supplies for many LED circuits including this one. I do think it is unlikiely though. This is why.

First, green LEDs are generally used as Annunciators. Therefore there is no reason to go to the trouble of using pulse width modulation on them. Typically then they would be attenuated with a resistor and either be un-modulated or modulated by the line voltage due to absence of ac filtering. If these were white LEDs then I would consider it more likely because of the numerous applications (such as hi-tech flashlights/torches in some locals) for a white light that can be dimmed efficiently.

Also, for green LEDs these seem quite bright so I would guess they are at or near full power, meaning that the PWM would be at a very high percentage of on duty cycle or forced completely high. The duty cycle seems much closer to 50% in this video.

I'm not saying it isn't possible by any means, I just think it may be difficult to come up with an odd ball device that would use LEDs in this fasion. The fact that we a seeing these lights modulating at the exact frequency used by aircraft power supplies and that we are looking at something apparently airborne just makes me think that the aircraft idea has some merit.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
reply to post by UKWO1Phot

Hi ukwo,
You have to go way on down to the nitty gritty for
the "How LEDs operate" to see what i'm saying.

To be honest I did only skim the paper (too much info for this time of night 2am here) Although I used to have to repair electronics so I did catch the schematic for the switch then I was overwhelmed by the lists...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
So this is danrabit's (video maker) reply to my request for video or pictures of his window:

yeah ive been told ive been mentioned.
ill be filming one tomorrow morning. ill try get as much in as i can.
But im only showing it to 1 trustworthy person on this forum, someone that everybody trusts, as i dont want my personal belongings and location known all over the net. Bad enough my emails have flooded! lol
Might do two, one now as its dark and one in the morning when its day time.
Might help.

Cheers.

That's kind of bothersome. Who is he going to show it to, a mod? Hopefully someone who can analyze it with unbiased eyes. And how are we to know whoever is chosen is not in on the hoax? Kind of frustrating but at the same time I honestly wouldn't just let anyone on the internet see a video of the inside and outside of my place.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I am NOT an expert in photography, but taking a photo/video through a pane of glass is always a bit of a pain (excuse the pun) I have many photographs taken through windows (usually in a car) and the focus is always on the foregroud, i.e all the dirt and imperfections of the glass, while the background (the things on the other side of the glass - the things one is usually trying to take a photograpth of) are completely out of focus. That doesn't seem to be the case in this video. Even if the camera eventually does focus on the back groud, there's always a period of adjustment.

However, saying all this, I am not sure if camera phones have auto-focus, or, more to the point, the phone he is using has it. Although, I'm sure there is an expert out there who knows and can confirm or deny what i've said! i'd be interested to know.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Chewlip

Why, I happen to be an expert! The lens on his camera has a large depth of focus, meaning that it does not need to adjust focus to a particular distance because the optics are permanently focused between a few inches from the camera and infinity.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chewlip
I am NOT an expert in photography, but taking a photo/video through a pane of glass is always a bit of a pain (excuse the pun) I have many photographs taken through windows (usually in a car) and the focus is always on the foregroud, i.e all the dirt and imperfections of the glass, while the background (the things on the other side of the glass - the things one is usually trying to take a photograpth of) are completely out of focus. That doesn't seem to be the case in this video. Even if the camera eventually does focus on the back groud, there's always a period of adjustment.

However, saying all this, I am not sure if camera phones have auto-focus, or, more to the point, the phone he is using has it. Although, I'm sure there is an expert out there who knows and can confirm or deny what i've said! i'd be interested to know.
No, the phone he's using doesn't have an auto-focus.

www.which.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
To be honest he only has to do a few grabs of the video and post, or a couple of stills will be good quality off a sony mobile. We don't have to see his musical equipment etc, blank out his house number, all good....

I love that LED gear shift fella... (dainoyfb)

Edit cos I forgot dainoyfb's name....

[edit on 28/4/2009 by UKWO1Phot]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I should have added,LEDs are
either on or off,no in betweens.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
excellent footage, but i cant help but see a similarity between this and motion tracking in after effects.

the lack of object structure seems suspicious, it would be difficult to make a low res compressed appearance to match the camera footage, but lights?

much easier to pull off.

is the raw footage available to examine and enhance, to reveal any craft structure?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Not necessarily true at all. Many LEDs are dimmed to a constant level by reducing the power applied to them. It depends on what the circuit application calls for when the circuit is being designed.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Thanks, it was a fun project and now there are a bunch of tuned Civics running around looking like UFOs!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

I should have added,LEDs are
either on or off,no in betweens.

I don't think so... They can be dimmed, and the power can be increased until they blow. I know that cause I've blow a few.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

Hehe thanks! Well, that's one thing crossed of the list!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Well I'm having another Stella then bed for me (02.50)..
I have to say the video must be genuine..

Why? Cos...

1)Phage has only had 1 post
2)Skeptic Overlord has not even made an appearance
3)Armap is struggling

What more is there to say???

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

that's more or less what I meant,
they can be dimmed but so far,
and I've looked at a few"Dimmer" forums
and no-one is over confident about how
to go about it,
anyway what I was trying to say about this video
was that LEDs from the plug in the wall,
could give you the brightness as seen.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Right.. I've just done a quick and dirty experiment to show a couple of things...This a green LED torch shown reflected in a single pane of glass in a darkened room. The tiny blue light is from the Logo on the phone itself.

Note how , in the photos, the moment you move the LED from shining directly at the glass it, all but vanishes. That would suggest the following. That if it were faked someone else was involved and was moving the LEDs in a very carefully worked out pattern keeping them permanatly exactly pointing at the glass to be filmed.

Not impossible, by any means, but a whole lot more sophisticated a hoax than anyone has even suggested so far..

[edit on 28-4-2009 by FireMoon]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The brightness yes, but the frequency would be 0hz, 50hz or 100hz, not 400hz.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
Right.. I've just done a quick and dirty experiment to show a couple of things...This a green LED torch shown reflected in a single pane of glass in a darkened room. The tiny blue light is from the Logo on the phone itself.

Note how , in the photos, the moment you move the LED from shining directly at the glass it, all but vanishes. That would suggest the following. That if it were faked someone else was involved and was moving the LEDs in a very carefully worked out pattern keeping them permanatly exactly pointing at the glass to be filmed.

Not impossible, by any means, but a whole lot more sophisticated a hoax than anyone has even suggested so far..

..With that as an example.. Do you reckon you could hold 6 perfectly still for 30 seconds whilst we recorded it?

I imagine if I did i with a few friends it would shake like a crapping dog

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

I commend you for the experiment. Honestly it's nice to see. This doesn't count out normal lights, glass being moved, CGI (personally i doubt that one) or any of the effects mentioned.

However it's really nice to see someone going the extra mile and showing what they mean so it's a star from me

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
OK I think I am going to have to reiterate why I don't think it is a reflection on the glass or a hoax for that matter. Obviously some people didn't understand what my point was.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b7d88cf61d53.jpg[/atsimg]

Notice the reflection. A reflection by definition is a mirror image. There is supposed to be glass in front of us right? If so then why is a window outside of the window we are looking through reflecting something from inside or below the house. (would kinda have to be inside since there is a ton of ambient light on the street. and would be really impossible because the mirror image wouldn't be there) Which brings me to my next point. If there is glass in front of us right now then why do we not see the light pollution from below.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7a7cb14c083c.jpg[/atsimg]

As you can see the light from below has no problem reflecting off of the frame of our wide open Casement window but shines nothing on the glass we are supposedly looking for.

If there is a reflection then the glass is close to us correct? It would have to be, i mean he is right there on top of the window...
He would have to severely pan the window and work really hard to keep our craft stable, which means our craft should move around a ton! I mean cmon he can't even hold the camera still....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1631e90ccfaf.png[/atsimg]

As you can see the camera is all over the place but the craft remains the same.

And for the taking off. It's a standard look from a digital camera of this quality.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/88773003c193.jpg[/atsimg]

If its bad footage people say hoax.

If its good footage people say its swamp gas. (aka a hoax)

If its really good footage people say its an elaborate hoax.

If its amazing footage people call it a really elaborate hoax.

You know if you walked into a barn and saw a Cow #$%^ing a Chicken, you probably wouldn't beleive your eyes. Just because you can't believe it, doesn't mean it's not a Cow ^&*(ing a Chicken.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by DaMod]

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join