It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The pandemic of 09? a historical event

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
As things unfold day by day it seems that the big ball is gaining speed as it rolls down the hill..Manufactured or not,we are standing in the middle of a historical event..Actions today will prevent the outcomes of tommorow..It seems that no one knows what and how this virus is and what the effects of it is?..I feel as though we should have done much more earlier in the outbreak to cinfine it..What happens if this is just the tip of the ice burg,and it is already spread through much of the world?

should we have taken stronger actions sooner?Hindsight is a terrible thing to gauge what should have been done to prevent a serious problem..

[edit on 27-4-2009 by Redpillblues]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
1400 people die EVERY DAY!!! of heart disease.
Thats 511,000 a year.
1205 EVERY DAY of lung/smoking related disease.
Thats 439,000 a year.
16,000 children die EVERY DAY from hunger.
thats 5,800,000 a YEAR!!!!
Hmmm...

Lets see...
85 people in a total of 4 years have died of Bird Flu, SARS, etc.
Somewhere around 20 have died of swine flu....
And they have the nerve to say its a pandemic!!??
What the media touts a a PANDEMIC, is just fear mongering.

The REAL pandemics, are obesity, car accidents, drunk driving, hunger, smoking.......etc
REAL dangers. Not manufactured bull#.

Not saying that Swine flu isnt real, just saying that everything needs to be viewed in its proper perspective.

Sick of this BS already.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by holoverse]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by holoverse

You make a strong arguement I like it.

Heart disease has killed off nearly everyone in my family

I wouldn't be at all surprised if this gets money generated from it, from Healthcare Org, down to Wall St.

If you could post a link to your source it'd be better, although I don't doubt those numbers at all.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

get your facts right about this outbreak mate..

149 deaths in Mexico
1600 infected

2 in Scotland
7 suspected

22 suspected in England

4 suspected in Ireland

44 in the USA with a further 121 being tested in New York

there are more but they seem to be the biggest threat atm.

the death toll has risen by 74 over night..this virus IS mutating and getting more resistant and virulent

the WHO has gone to Alert Phase 4 of 6.

so yes this could very well be the start of the theorised FEMA camps/trains and the March 30th 2009 "Mary from New York" video.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I keep seeing claims that it has mutated. I have yet to see proof. Who said it mutated?

If so, it's doing a bad job of it. 0 deaths out of Mexico is hardly virulent and deadly.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
All I see in this thread defines exactly what is wrong with america.

Under-informed people.

Its really, really sad.

Look up the definition of a pandemic before you start saying heart disease and drunk driving are pandemics. Those mainly stem from human stupidity.

And you keep forgetting we are still in the first WEEKS of a pandemic, and ITS ALREADY THIS BAD! Its going to compound exponentially. Tens of millions will die, hundreds of millions will be infected... in a short period of time (maybe a calendar year)

That far outweighs drunk driving, and heart conditions if you ask me.

I really think america needs to not only rid of all the illegals, but throw out all the under informed, ignorant conservatives as well... yall (a term you can understand) are just stupid.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
People seem to forget the masskiller virus through history: Malaria...1 million deaths each year...1 child dies of Malaria every 30 sec...makes you think ey?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
It is still too early to try to gauge this virus lethality. I don't think anyone has should be saying "Yes it definitely has mutated and become deadly." We just don't know. There are too many factors to judge what it is going to do.

That being said, I think that being prepared for it to become worse isn't paranoia. NOT being prepared for it to become worse is ignorant. We just don't know yet.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
I keep seeing claims that it has mutated. I have yet to see proof. Who said it mutated?

If so, it's doing a bad job of it. 0 deaths out of Mexico is hardly virulent and deadly.

Careful what you ask for, you will probably get it. We are at the start of this pandemic and if the ball keeps rolling it will get very bad. The more people it come in contact with the more likely it mutates into different strains. By the governments just guessing and throwing vaccines at it, it will mutate and become resistant to others.

Let's hope I'm wrong.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by holoverse
1400 people die EVERY DAY!!! of heart disease.
Thats 511,000 a year.
1205 EVERY DAY of lung/smoking related disease.
Thats 439,000 a year.
16,000 children die EVERY DAY from hunger.
thats 5,800,000 a YEAR!!!!

The thing about this is that I can't catch heart disease from just by being in contact you. Nor can I catch starvation by just being next to you, and the smoking related diseases are debatable.

What I'm trying to say is that you can't compare apples to oranges.

-Will

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Why are people referring to this outbreak as a "pandemic"?.....it hasn't come close to becoming a pandemic yet!

3 years ago we were all going to be killed off by bird flu , and we had a similar panic attack back then!

currently around 36,000 people die from influenza (or it's related complications ) each year in the US alone , I'm not saying this is not a subject to be watched closely , but its hardly Armageddon just yet.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

pan⋅dem⋅ic   [pan-dem-ik] Show IPA
–adjective
1. (of a disease) prevalent throughout an entire country, continent, or the whole world; epidemic over a large area.
2. general; universal: pandemic fear of atomic war.

Not to nitpick but the fact that the disease has been confirmed in several countries makes it qualify for the term of pandemic in the technical sense of the word however the word is tied to intense fear and horrible thoughts of large-scale death and suffering which it hasn't induced...yet.

This is one of those times that I'm typically glued to the computer watching news sources to keep up on things, waiting for that fateful moment when its time to grab the pack and leave.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Helig

No it doesn't.....because it hasn't reached epidemic proportions yet , even in Mexico where it is most prevalent , and even there it is still quite localised

Mexico population = 109,955,400 (approx)
Number of cases = 1600 (approx)

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

149 deaths in Mexico 2 in Scotland 4 in Ireland 44 in the USA with a further 121 being tested in New York

Even so....
Those numbers are astronimically small in the scheme of the population.
.000000004% or something.

You all sadly seem to really be gunning for this "pandemic" thing to actually happen. And all praying that FEMA will come, and put you in a concentration camp. For what reason, is beyond me.

Perhaps to feel "special" in a world that is very impersonal?
Perhaps for some "excitement" in an otherwise dreary existence??
Perhaps so you can all say...
"See, I was trying to warn you....I told you so... nya nya nya nya nya"

Who knows....
I guess we all really wanna feel like were being watched/controlled by something greater than us.
For our forefathers that "thing" was God.
Anything that happened was Gods will.

For this sad sad generation its the "Illuminati/NWO"
Anything that happens, was obviously the illuminati's will.

It makes me sick

PS not denying that there arent a bunch of super rich elite, that do control many facets of society and government. But the extent which some take it just makes me wanna gouge my eyes out sometimes.
Just live your life!

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I agree.....whilst sites like ATS and the like are important and informative , there is a tendency to blow topics like this out of all proportion.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

I certainly do agree that the killer flu is being blown out of proportion,just yet..There may be a chance that it does take a turn for the worse...hence this post..The troubling fact is that it is a new strain not seen before..There for it isnt s standard textbook case of virus XYZ..things do mutate,and resistances are made..Sometimes viruses to burn out so to say by mutating into lesser harmfull viruses,but some do infact make the turn for the worse...Only time will tell..

Remember the only person that will take the best care for you is yourself..

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
ironic isn't it that their is about 1600-2000 infected in Mexico, and somehow out of those lets say 1600-2000, manage to spread this thing globally over what seems like the weekend. I am going to wager this thing will mutate into a deadly virus, just how the story is getting spoon fed to us. Hopefully ahem, I am wrong.. The more people this thing gets sick, the better the chances it has to mutate.. Just have to wait and see.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by Adrifter]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
It remains to be seen whether this event is historical or hysterical.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

while I do infact see the humor in that,I beg to differ..If just the lowly Fort dix event is in the history books as a influenza outbreak,I would certainly feel confident enough to say that this out-break-pandemic is enough to call it historical as well..

BTw Ft.dix is only about 25 miles from me and my father was stationed there during the outbreak..

One of the thousands of site and books stating Ft.dix in major influenza hitory..
www.encyclopedia.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adrifter
ironic isn't it that their is about 1600 infected in Mexico, and somehow out of those lets say 2000, manage to spread this thing globally over what seems like the weekend.

sorry figures don't compute.....how can 1600 infected people become 2000 to spread the virus?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join