It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barak: Iran Is A Threat To Entire World

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Re: Iran. Does anyone remember how Obama mocked GWB during the 2008 election campaign? "What can Iran do to us? They are just a tiny country. They pose no threat to the world". Oh well, I guess when one is a "community organizer" in Chicago, one's world view is extremely limited.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by charlie_the_loafer

The arms flow from Eastern Europe has stopped? You must be kidding!

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Damn right, Iran Is A Threat To Entire World.

Remember how the media propagandized the 2007 Lebanon fiasco at UN, USA-Britain-Israel is the world.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

Everyone knows about Bout , you didn't had to give wikipedia as a source...

We all know about him because he took a piece from a slice what others considered to be their own .

And yes, i am firmly convinced that the arm trafficking from eastern and southern europe is insignifiant to what i sused to be ,let's say , a decade ago.

Countries like Serbia , Albania, Bosnia , now Kosovo , and the list can go on, they face much more domestic problems than ever. In countries were the living standard is not as grown as it should be, there will always be individuals trying to beat the odds and make additional income, but never on a large scale without approvals , help and cuts.

Arms trafficking was always controlled by high placed individuals , even in the government , otherwise nothing could be done at a large scale, ( because we are talking large scale , and not a trunk full of berettas , taken from Albania to Greece or Italy) nowadays you should ask yourself who is controlling those governments , under what raised hand they all bow and who would benefit the most after infusions of weapons in all separatist regions in the world , ever asked yourself that question?

In my eyes Bout became too greedy and that's all there is.

Arm trafficking is controlled by those that have interest in those regions, directly or indirectly , those are the ones you should blame, not the bosnians, because you saw on BBC or Discovery that some guns from Somali pirates, or guerrillas from god knows where, were of manufactured in Bosnia.
You can forger anything you think of these days, and provenience of guns you amongst the easiest things to do

[edit on 28-4-2009 by charlie_the_loafer]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Here's an offer for you anti-semites, let's GIVE Iran a couple of nukes and see what happens.

Any takers?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
lol, so he's pretty much come out in the open and said "Iran isn't actually a threat to us militarily, they're becoming competition, and we don't want there to be competition."

lol... just lol.

Can't have neighboring countries acquiring any sustainability, they might be bad for monopolistic business.

Shut up Israel. Just... shut up, you're annoying us.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by johnsky]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Israel in search of 'heroes' to bomb Iran

"We say we are not removing any option from the table. We have a tendency to hope for a heroic operation that will end everything, as with the bombing of the Iraqi reactor in 1981," Barak explained about the Israeli stance on Iran's long-running nuclear dispute.

However, the Israeli official drew a line between the "Iraqi threat" and the "Iranian threat" by portraying the Iranian one as much graver.

"In the Iraqi case there was one target that existed and was working, and a surgical strike eliminated it... Here we are up against something far more complex, sophisticated and extensive," he said.

www.presstv.ir...

Peres to meet Obama Monday

WASHINGTON – President Shimon Peres, who is scheduled to visit the United States next week in order to attend the annual AIPAC meeting, will meet with US President Barack Obama on Monday.

www.ynetnews.com...

--- Kick those warmongers out from US! --- And what a coincidence with the flu?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Never going to happen..let it die janus
America doesn't want war with Iran anymore..its off the cards,and israel doesn't have the capacity to launch such an assault themselves. Im keeping both my eyes firmly on pakistan...with the taleban moving close to Islamabad and having strong holds in many other parts..i can just see Obama saying we have to invade under the guise of trying to stabilize and help the pakistani government..

[edit on 28-4-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

- Nop... Its still USrael, that havent "change" to anywhere... Obama is meeting AIPAC next monday.

'Israeli lobby blocks change in US'

Iranian Parliament Speaker Ali Larijani has declared that influential Israeli lobby groups are preventing any change from occurring in the US.

"Israeli lobby groups' influence over decision-making bodies in the US will not allow any real change to be made in US foreign policy,” Larijani said in a meeting with a Washington Friday prayers leader, Faisal Rauf, in Tehran on Tuesday.

www.presstv.ir...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
Iran says that Israel should be wiped off the map and you all twiddle your anti-semitic thumbs.

Israel says that Iran is a threat and you're all jumping up to yell "warmonger !!".

Do you people seriously believe that a nuclear armed Iran poses no threat to Israel?

Israel has simply brought this upon themselves - their rhetoric is abhorrent, yet their actions are crimes against humanity -

Have not seen Iran do anything like the crimes Israel has done - besides its time you learn't no on e outside of Washington gives a stuff about them anyomore - they have completely wasted any sympathy they ever had.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

It would seem the news disagree's with you.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That is a link to my post with a link to it in print.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
Iran says that Israel should be wiped off the map and you all twiddle your anti-semitic thumbs.

Israel says that Iran is a threat and you're all jumping up to yell "warmonger !!".

Do you people seriously believe that a nuclear armed Iran poses no threat to Israel?

For the umpteenth time Retseh " Israel should be wiped off the map " Is a blatant misquote that has been referenced numerous times. And please spare us the 'anti-semitic ' whine !

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Saw this piece on AIPAC in the JTA today, thought I would include a link to it...
jta.org...
It's a long article but if you have time to read it, you should definately scan it over, it's absolutely creepy some of the names attached to it and how hard they are pushing this bill. More sanctions against Iran, more war drums banging, more threats and accusations, and more American Dollars hard at work to please AIPAC.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by dazbog

Oh jeez, did someone use that fake quote again?

How many people out there don't realize that the "wipe them off the map" quote never happened?

Easier to spread a lie than to stop one I suppose.

As for the other guy calling us "Anti-Semites"... why should we give Israel any special treatment? Because they're Jewish?

I'm sorry, but that's not an excuse.

I judge them by what they do, not who they pray to.
That's not going to change just because you call us Anti-Semite.

What? Just because you call us a name, you expect us to agree with everything a nation does?
Pfffft. If that's the case, you've got some serious re-education ahead of you.

Anyone who shells and bombs a heavily populated city is bad in my books. Doesn't matter who they pray to.

Israel has done this.

What has Iran done?
They built a power plant.

Yeah... that's REALLY deserving of a good bombing run. (Sarcasm)

If Israel was a muslim nation, they would have been bombed into the stone-age by now for what they've done.

But oooooh no... can't do that... they deserve special treatment for some reason.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by johnsky]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

and you `news` source cites UNNAMED officials and that UNNAMED military forces from either israel or USA or mars sank an UNNAMED iranian ship , that also hasn`t been listed as missing by anyone , anywhere on the planet.

and since lloyds list shows every large ship on the entire planet, and guess what - they haven`t mentioned it .

the source you linked made it up - oh and that was also proven in the original thread not your duplicate one .

[edit on 29/4/09 by Harlequin]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

Here's an offer for you anti-Persians, why dont you contribute something useful to these thread instead of whining and calling people racist as a response, and then maybe people will take you serious. Do you really think people will change opinion just because you try to shame them? The majority of us here are not racist and just ignore people like you, and the few if any here who are would not care when you say that. So why do you bother?

I mean racist, REALLY? All the Israelis I have seen on tv and the handful I have known have been almost as white as me! And we come from the land of ice and snow : ) Makes not a lot of sense. Besides lots of Haaretz lines agree with people like Janus, but oh, they are self hating Jews right?

Maybe if you opened your eyes and read a book or some artikels you would realise that people are criticising Israeli politics and actions, not what their race is, like seriously. Get a grip. You're worse than the posters who call the admins for personal attack when someone else goes 'wow, thats a stupid evidence source.'

What do you expect Iran would do AFTER using their 1 nuke anyway? Sit back and wait for death? Do you honestly believe they are just an entire nation of suicidal insane Jew-haters who only exist for this purpose?? Could it be they want a deterrent of Israel from attacking them?!

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Sorry double post...
So I will add
I would prefer Iran not have nukes but if I were in their position I would be very afraid of Israel without them...

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Ridhya]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   

^^ a zionist jew calling another jew `anti-semites` and calling for him to die and for jews to piss on his bones.

`stupid jesus and black bastards`

and these are the people you stick up for

`your f*cking jesus` yet another wonderful line oh and accused of being a nazi in the same sentence

and the worst line

`we killed jesus and were proud of it`

and yet CHRISTIANS support these people.

heathens.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Here is the Wikipedia entry and analysis of Ahmadinejad's speech, which was at the 2005 Asian "World without Zionism" conference.

en.wikipedia.org...

The debate seems to be between whether Israel should "vanish from the pages of time" or be "wiped out from the pages of time", which is a translational issue.

Sohrab Mahdavi, one of Iran’s most prominent translators, and Siamak Namazi, managing director of a Tehran consulting firm, who is bilingual, both say “wipe off” or “wipe away” is more accurate than "vanish" because the Persian verb is active and transitive.

Either way, if I lived in Israel I'd be more than a bit worried about this guy, and the idea of him getting nukes would scare the sh*t out of me.

It doesn't matter anyway, Ahmadinejad is an embarrassment to the Iranian people and does his country no favours whatsoever. I'd put money on him being ousted in the June elections and a much more conciliatory Iran emerging afterwards.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by mattpryor]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
im far more concerned that israel bombs who ever it feels like - and that includes killing americans (uss liberty)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join