It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death Toll in Mexico Climbs to 149

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Avoid Mexico, Travelers Are Told, as Flu Toll Mounts

That's a big jump from yesterday at this time. The increment of deaths/12 hours roughly doubled by my count, though obviously, that estimate is based on data whose release is controlled by MSM, etc.

Over the same interval, the number of infected has doubled in the US.

Incidentally, the mortality rate associated with the mexican death toll comes out to be approx. 8.94% (149/1600).

Sample size is really too small to draw any conclusions, and the lack of mortality outside of Mexico is bizzare, but it's getting spooky.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I don't think that people in the USA are getting sicker faster right now, I think it's in the early stages and that people are hearing the news and if they have symptoms, they are going and getting checked and diagnosed.

I'm not sure what the incubation period is but I expect in the next few weeks we will see a bunch more cases.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
You need to know this: it was reported on the BBC World Service this morning that doctors in Mexico have for some considerable time been forbidden from writing 'swine flu' or the equivalent on death certificates. Respiratory failure is what they've been recording.

We mustn't rock the markets, must we?..

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Also recently since they raised the death toll, apparently there are deaths reported near the Mexican /US border. Which is causing even more concern. I read this on CBC.

149 dead

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
well, I heard today some report. so the fatals are droping down. in fact from around 5% it came down to 1-2% now and they do expect to reach the same numbers as in the ordinary one soon.

I will repeat myself from other posts - I belive that if only that is not a planned epidemia it will not hit us that bad. there are 500 000 victims of the flu every year. in Mexico alone there should be around 20 deaths every day cause of it. in that swine flu we have around 150 in few weeks time. they need to sell Tamiflu so we will read a lot about it as we did about SARS or bird flu.

and if it is a planned action then well ... too bad.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by czacza1

Ok so we have 50 million doses in America, and the shelf life is 10 years on Tamiflu, so maybe it should be used up before the expiration dates...

I just have to wonder how many people have brought this over from Mexico? The borders are filled with day workers and if the incubation period is 4-7 days or more in some instances, then it will be a week to 10 days before we really begin to see the deadly strain infiltrate the American society.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I've read that the incubation period is only 1-2 days meaning that it will spread more rapidly, does that mean that it's becomes contagious in people in 1-2 days rather then 4-7?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Yes, and it will continue to climb to thousands or even tens of thousands VERY fast if we want it to.

You can see what I'm talking about here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

We DIRECTLY control this disease.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by bobbylove321

yeah, I agree with you. I experience this whole my life. I never take a medicines, even when I feel like geting cold (for sure it did helped my immune system). and I never (ok - the last time I was sick I was 12 years old so in fact never would be last 23 years) was sick. but I just have no time to lie in bed. I always repeat that when you focus on your health you will have a problems with. and I prefer to focus on other issues - like work for example.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutShine

Sample size is really too small to draw any conclusions, and the lack of mortality outside of Mexico is bizzare, but it's getting spooky.

Well, God's mind does work mysterious ways. Too bad that the anti-gay position and rulings didn't appease Our Lord the way it was intended. Feels like the Seven Plagues of Egypt, doesn't it? I think the mental persecution of Miss California was the last straw.

new topics

top topics

join