It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A recent find

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Hello all I was recently investigating an old house for paranormal activity and came across something I am not familiar with. I then decided to come here for advice. In an upstairs bedroom inside a closet ( stay with me here) it is mounted behind a nail driven into the top of the molding at the top of the door ( inside the closet ) is a black feather of unknown bird origin. The former owners of the home said it was there when they moved in and when they removed it "bad " luck fell on them. Illness, money problems etc. Once it was replaced there ( they did nor discard it ) everything went back to normal. Anyone here able to help me out on this.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Where is the house at? Sounds like a native american/pagan thing to me.....

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The house is located on Staten Island in NYC it dates back over 100 years old. I was thinking that too but also was leaning towards some kind of talisman or a cleansing article. Very confusing...........

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
that sounds like the begining of a good ghost horror film to me.

check this out though:

www.geocities.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
A black feather nailed to a doorframe inside a closet? Hmmm...I would say it was a decorative article, but I presume no one was residing inside the closet
. It sounds like a hoax article placed by a previous resident. While someone might have sincerely placed it there as a spiritual or ritualistic article, the former owners you spoke with might very well be trying to frighten you. Is the house presently vacant?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadreckoningparanormal
The house is located on Staten Island in NYC it dates back over 100 years old. I was thinking that too but also was leaning towards some kind of talisman or a cleansing article. Very confusing...........

Well, I'm finding conflicting info. Seems a black feather can be used in cursing in modern times, but was an omen of good luck in older times....

In celtic symbology it is for banishing and absorbing negativity...www.celticattic.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Looks like in modern withcraft it is also a cleansing article, or one that gives wisdom.
www.earthwitchery.com...

[edit on 4/27/2009 by cautiouslypessimistic]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Black feathers are often used in rituals to 'wind up' negative energy and keep them in 1 place.

Native Americans used (still do?) black like feathers to smudge. Black / blacl like feathers carry the energy of magic and creation.

Maybe the house is haunted and has to cleansed?? Thorough???

new topics

top topics

join