It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gold and Swine Flu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Boy, CNBC sure can't get enough of tying flu and gold today.

But I thought this was very interesting...

China admits to building up stockpile of gold

SHANGHAI/BEIJING - China revealed on Friday that it had secretly raised its gold reserves by three-quarters since 2003, increasing its holdings to 1,054 tonnes - or a pot worth about US$30.9-billion - and confirming years of speculation it had been buying.

www.financialpost.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by trusername

What does china's gold have to do with swine flu??

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by trusername

Pure speculation, but China appears to have been planning for the dollar to collapse, which could be caused by an uncontrolled epidemic of the Flu in the United States.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Very good question. Perhaps trusername would care to elaborate?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
They also have bought or virtual on-line mmporg Gold!!

Still, I dont know how is it related

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
i think i laid out a better plan than just its tied to gold.

but the swine flu will equal plenty of cash for gold for some...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf

Very good question. Perhaps trusername would care to elaborate?

I think swine-flu i the "in word" today..

Quick...let's all start threads about anything and just include swine-flu...

I've seen

Chemtrails
Aliens
Channeling
China's gold

And others (that i cant remember) linked to this now..... i mean, come on?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Ummm.... agreed the OP should elaborate on this, nothing in the link relating it.

However, just to throw this one in anyhoo, do not under estimate the true value of gold..............

i do know it is used when people are very sick, someone who i know, wouldn't be here now, if the NHS hadn't spent thousands making him better with special blood containing gold platlets. Sooooo glad they did.

Some more on medical gold:

'From its early historical use in ancient cultures, gold is becoming increasingly important in many modern medical treatments, ranging from drugs to precision implants.'

The claims for the medical benefits of gold date back many of thousands of years. Many ancient cultures, such as those in India and Egypt used gold-based medicinal preparations. Early applications of gold in China were in the treatment of ailments such as smallpox, skin ulcers and measles. In Japan, tradition suggests thin gold-foils placed into tea, sake and food are beneficial to health

www.utilisegold.com...

[edit on 28-4-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
In fact the opposite of the speculation is happening right now. The Chinese are selling off gold in massive amounts and buying up the more functional copper.

Gold will soon be relived of it's role as the backup for currency. Too many are asking for their money in solid gold and there's not enough to give back from the banks. Soon, possibly as early as towards the end of May, you'll just be handed another piece of paper that *says* you have gold - but not receive it.

Gold is primarily for ornamental use these days and there's endless amounts of it out there. But much of it hoarded in places like India. Diamonds are also used almost exclusively for jewellery, and they have been hoarded by diamond miners for decades, to artificially keep their price higher than real supply and demand.

From all indications, in a world where money and wealth is increasingly more of a relativistic abstract, gold will no longer play the role as ultimate currency.

They can't sustain the levels of it sitting amassed there as a guarantee of national solvency, it as they once did. So the rules will be changed.

You'll see.

Mike

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
$31 billion isn't that much really. In a world economy of around $40 trillion.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Hi - sorry was off line there for a bit.

I wasn't tying Gold and Swine Flu - it was CNBC doing it. For some reason they kept mentioning to two in the same stories. I thought it was odd.

I could see why biotech and swine flu - but gold price ??? seemed odd. But then there was mention about the China buy and so I looked further and found the news article above.

I watch a lot of CNBC and I know this sounds silly, but I swear they give clues all the time about things that they must be censored from saying.

The most obvious was the plane crash in the Hudson with all the BofA and Wells Fargo high ranked bankers on board - they had all kinds of hints about that.

I think almost everyone on ATS is looking at swine flu and saying .... whoa .... what is this really about - it sure ain't about flu...

Why does CNBC think there's a tie in with gold - that's what I was wondering. Does it also have something to do with the story blocking out the $ trillion budget story?

But I think it's always worth while to follow the money trail. (and I don't think that the $ trail on this one is all biotech stocks).

top topics

join