It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Powell Begins Presentation on Iraq's Efforts to Foil U.N.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2003 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Among the evidence the administration was considering declassifying were satellite photographs showing activity at inspection target sites shortly before inspections teams arrived, an administration official said. The photographs clearly show soldiers digging
holes, moving equipment or burying things, the official said. There are also shots of tractor-trailers, which American intelligence officials believe might be mobile weapons labs.

"There is a clear, concerted effort by Iraq to hide component parts, weapons sites and witnesses from the inspectors," another official said.

While President Saddam Hussein of Iraq insisted in Baghdad today that he has no prohibited weapons, Hans Blix, one of the United Nations' chief weapons inspectors, warned Iraq that it must cooperate immediately because it is "five minutes to midnight" in the countdown to war.

Link - www.nytimes.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2003 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Yep, and I am an American and watched this presentation in full. I have "No" reservations as to the validity of the evidence and feel the time is now 2 minutes till midnight. I think the UN needs to get it's people out NOW. I hope other nations will stand with us, but we are now ready to take out the trash!!. Please fasten your seat belts!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 5 2003 @ 11:51 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

So, do the naysayers still believe that Saddam has been a good little dictator?

Here we go!

posted on Feb, 5 2003 @ 04:34 PM
link   
British and American forces planning war against Iraq have revealed details of their plans to topple Saddam Hussein, which will start with a devastating bombing campaign ahead of a massive ground attack by thousands of troops from Kuwait.

Defence and intelligence officials have told The Observer that they have drawn up a list of targets, including Saddam's home town of Tikrit, as well as key Ministries and properties owned by members of Saddam's family and senior Iraqi officials.

'The war will start with an extremely large bang,' said the official. 'You can expect Saddam's base of Tikrit to get a clobbering.'

Link - www.rense.com...

top topics

join