It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the cure for HIV been discovered?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Isn't there a pill called RED that rebuilds your immune system or something like that to help prevent death from aids?
In my opinion that's almost considered a cure, certainly a giant step, but not quite the full thing.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I'm curious why there is such an outcry to find a cure for a disease that is 100% preventable? Wouldn't the billions of taxpayer dollars be better spent preventing diseases like malaria, that kill far more people every year, and whose victims contract the disease through no fault of their own?

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I have been hearing a lot about this, and they have had positive results on a couple of occassions thus far.

However....

....have any of you ever seen what happens when a recipient rejects the bone marrow that was donated? It is not a nice death.

One more however....

There is a new process being used that could all but eliminate bone marrow rejection

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
This ties in with my post Man appears free of HIV after stem cell transplant

whats the connection between Cancer and Aids though? would be quite ironic that the two big Human killing disese's would end up help killing of one or the other,

or maybe a rection in the body to having both HIV(aids) and a form of cancer

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TreX-UK

Me and a friend used to always say get rid of aids by getting cancer.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by riff_raff

That's a good point. Strange that I have never thought of that before. Probably would be a better use of tax payers money. But if you say that we should stop looking for a cure to HIV there will be an outcry. I doubt that is would ever get through as there would be too many protests.

-Cauch1

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join