It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the cure for HIV been discovered?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Has the cure for HIV been discovered?

in.news.yahoo.com

London, Apr 27 (ANI): Taking a major leap in AIDS research, scientists have claimed that they have found a cure for the HIV virus by using a long established cancer treatment to help destroy the killer disease-bone marrow transplants.

Doctors have successfully
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Well here's some good news!
Finally!

In their opinion, using of bone marrow transplants to cure HIV could become common in just five years.

The procedure involves using bone marrow stem cells already used to help beat blood cancers like leukaemia and lymphoma.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The interesting part is the scientists want to take bone marrow from those "immune" and then possibly use stem cells to make a large supply....

in.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Weather or not this is the true cure for HIV I am not sure, but there has to be something there that some one is not telling the population about. How long has Majic Johnson lived? In fact I am pretty sure he goes about life like he never came out stating he was HIV positive. Its all about the money.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
1) Stem cells are immoral in the eyes of God
2) God uses HIV to punish heathens
3) Science is wrong, blind faith in Jesus is right
4) Would somebody please correct the thinking of anybody who holds these values, thanks.

I'm so sick of religion being used to block the suffering of children. Most of Africa has served as the rest of humanity's prostitute since globalization started with the British and Dutch India Trading companies. We should stop it me thinks. Alas, the Elites that view individuals as quantifiable values prevent a truly harmonious global society in which the interests of your brother are your interests. I'm no hammer and sickle commie pinko but would be alright with not letting children suffer to death because they cost of stem celling marrow was "too expensive."
Libertarianism totally works as long as most individuals of society partake in some charitable selflessness in their free time.
It sure must be crazy though to be in a position of great control where there's no way you care about every individual's story an must instead make decisions that will affect many.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I, for one, feel that HIV/Aids is man-made. Therefore curable by man.
Only on his terms though.
I truly do hope that this is an aspiring and positive step towards eradication.
Easy to get lost in twisted reporting today though..no???

Peace...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
South Park already came up with the cure. I think it is 100,000 dollars broke down into a liquid and inserted directly into the blood stream.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Moonsouljah

Who said anything about AIDs being Gods judgement or judgement from any other religions God/Gods?

I think you just use AIDS to back up your anti religion campaign. AIDS is your partner. You need it to back up your agenda.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
The funny thing is that it really doesn't seem like such an outlandish cure...kind of simple really.

It took a long time....

Now, I would say however it sounds "expensive"...I wonder how insurance companies are going to feel about this?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Ask many top virologists
HIV has nothing to do with Aids

They aren't looking for a cure for aids if they are looking for a cure for HIV

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Wow, this is really exciting! I was just reading a couple months ago about HIV treatment coming up the horizon and came across a similar story, possibly the same one, on another site. I hope something actually comes from this!

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I have to agree with you there. I've seen a video "aids fact or fraud" I think it was called and it had some compelling evidence that HIV had nothing to do with AIDS and the drugs they are using as treatment are worse then AIDS themself.

I found a site with good docs on the subject. Could keep you busy for weeks

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grossac

I have to agree with you there. I've seen a video "aids fact or fraud" I think it was called and it had some compelling evidence that HIV had nothing to do with AIDS and the drugs they are using as treatment are worse then AIDS themself.

I found a site with good docs on the subject. Could keep you busy for weeks

I doubt it, since it's those drugs keeping HIV patients alive. And we have the evidence to back up such claims: the number one killer of HIV patients is now heart disease and not AIDS. That hasn't happened due to their immune systems functioning without help. If they don't do something to keep the HIV in check, it will become AIDS. I know someone who has had HIV since the 1970s, this person would not be alive today without these drugs.

The cure is interesting, but I'm not sure how common it will become. To do a bone marrow transplant you need to basically destroy the person's immune system. I know it seems like "duh" for an HIV patient, but if the person is sick when they have it done, they will die because their body will have no immune reaction. This is true for all bone marrow transplants. However, this is certainly a new avenue to explore for treatment. As technology gets better this might become a more viable option.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by emac01]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

HIV and AIDS are directly related. When the virus is contracted is when you have HIV if you are not very well medicated after this point then the HIV can develop into AIDS which is what kills you.

-Cauch1

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
This is genius. I support stem cell research, and the cure for AIDS is only one of the possibilities for this line of thinking.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I don't have an anti-religion campaign by any means. Sure, I have areas of contention with organized religion but would never condemn it fully.
Nevertheless, you can't deny the existence of some (far-right) religious individuals who honestly believe "fags deserve it" or that "AIDS was god's gift to Africans." I'm sure there's a plethora of these sentiments online if you'd like to search for the garbage.

I'm an American and the religious-right has in many ways prevented the US from scientific advancements. Seriously, Iran's cloning is more sophisticated than ours? WTF?
S. Korea just pumped out glow in the dark dogs for [God's] sake!
You have the right to be an ignorant red-neck idiot but that shouldn't prevent science from curing disease.

So in the end, I meant no offense.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Cauch1

I apologize for what I would say is an honest type-o. I don't want to argue about semantics and I think you understood what I meant.
Honestly, do you think Pope Bendict saying condoms SPREADs disease ISN'T a verifiable example of religion being problematic here?

While you're correct to a degree about my ranting, I'd posit the notion this news speaks to a larger problem of the globalized world we all live in and for that reason, I find the system as a whole problematic. I honestly wish this research produced promising results in stopping AIDS but religious institutions and capitalist greed will invariably prevent such innovations from getting to some of the people that need it.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Ask many top virologists
HIV has nothing to do with Aids

They aren't looking for a cure for aids if they are looking for a cure for HIV

That's ridiculous. HIV directly attacks your immune system, without medication your immune system would crumble which would result in AIDS.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I always wonder why Magic Johnson never ended up with AIDS from HIV infection..? I've seen him on TV and he looks as healthy as a horse! He's also very rich. Could there be a connection?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Moonsouljah

Religion has held back the advancement of science since science was word, nothing new here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join