It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bin Laden could be dead, whereabouts unknown: Zardari

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Bin Laden could be dead, whereabouts unknown: Zardari

www.newsdaily.com

SLAMABAD, Apr. 27, 2009 (Reuters) — Pakistan's President Asif Ali Zardari said on Monday that the whereabouts of al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden remained a mystery and there was a suspicion that he could be dead.

Speaking to international media, Zardari said U.S. officials had told him that they had no trace of the al Qaeda chief, although they habitually say he is most likely in Pakistan.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.reuters.com
news.yahoo.com
www.javno.com

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Complete bollocks if you ask me, sorry folks but he has been dead for some time now.

how long are they going to use his name for more fear mongering, it's all ghost stories..
and if anyone supports the Afghanistan war, isn't that why we are in Afghanistan cause he was there right? and we have to "bomb" the enemy that did 9-11...sorry again folks but he had nothing to do with 9-11 we should be bombing are own government/NWO/Illuminati..

so do we start bombing Pakistan now?

also does anyone else find it just maybe a coincidence with all thats going on in Pakistan now..and then Bin Laden is also there..

Bollocks

www.newsdaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Osama or Nosama.

Your bigger problem is the Taliban.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
could be used as an excuse to do more stuff in Pakistan,

i say its complete bollocks though

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I think Bin laden is in the realms of Santa and the Easter bunny. (dont exist)

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheKingsVillian
Osama or Nosama.

Your bigger problem is the Taliban.

And what threat might the taleban pose to US?
The propaganda machine has surely done it's job.
It is all about oil and natural gas.

Bin Laden was a CIA asset, and has been dead for years!

The two claim that the US government's main objective in Afghanistan was to consolidate the position of the Taliban regime to obtain access to the oil and gas reserves in Central Asia. They affirm that until August [2001], the US government saw the Taliban regime "as a source of stability in Central Asia that would enable the construction of an oil pipeline across Central Asia" from the rich oilfields in Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, and Kazakhstan, through Afghanistan and Pakistan, to the Indian Ocean. Until now, says the book, "the oil and gas reserves of Central Asia have been controlled by Russia. The Bush government wanted to change all that."

whatreallyhappened.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I saw that too, don't worry we've been down this road before, as soon as the msm suggests that he is dead all of a sudden we get a new phantom video tape to prove he is still alive. Just wait about a week or two and you'll have another video with yet another warning of how "he" is going to kill us all.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by scordar

I'm not quite sure what you mean by that remark.

If you mean “us” as in the USA and the coalition of the willing and what threat the Taliban pose to them.

I think that is quite clear.

The USA’s forces in Afghanistan are not doing too well at all. Now if by some chance the Taliban happen to take control of the government of Pakistan, well damn I think the math speaks for itself.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TheKingsVillian

not sure if you were asking me to clarify, but I will anyway

This is not the first time the msm has made an announcement that Bin Landen may be dead, and whenever they do, there is another video that surfaces with threats of new attacks, I suppose to validate our current and furture presence in the region. By our yes I mean the U.S. and the coalition of the willing.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TheKingsVillian

When you think about it we have no damn good reason for being in Afghanistan the last few years either.

We all know the biggest terrorists are the ones who we've elected.
I guess we all must be suffering from Stockholm Syndrome.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

Dude I wasn't replying to you, sorry if it sounded like I was.

No harm done.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

No the reasons are clear, they just are having are hard time trying to attain those goals.

-Cash from poppies and the opium trade.
-As one of the previous members posted, oil and gas pipelines.
-The destruction of Al Qaeda and the Taliban.

The problems they are facing.

-Increasingly harder combat conditions.
-Lack of numbers and strength to contain the threat.
-Taliban moving a lot more aggressively in Pakistan.
-Not really being able to fight the militants that are inside or on the border with Pakistan.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
If I remember correctly, Benazir Bhutto said in an interview with a BBC Al-Jazeera journalist in 2006 that Bin Laden as been dead for a few years. I'm not sure in the details, but I am fairly certain she said this.

Then she was killed ... by the Taliban, or so they say ... I wouldn't be surprised if I heard it was the CIA.

Edit : Here it is

[edit on 27-4-2009 by grandnic]

[edit on 27-4-2009 by grandnic]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Last person who said that in Pakistan was Bhutto and she was assassinated... this guy will probably bite the dust soon.

And yes, Bin Laden is dead since december 01.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Osama Been Forgotten is dead!

He's been dead for years. The only reason it was never disclosed was because Bush needed his boogy man.

Not only that but if they announced that he was captured he would have become a martyr then there would have been 10000 young Muslims that would want to be just like him.

If they announced that he was killed then he would have become a martyr then there would have been 10000 young Muslims that would want to be just like him.

So they killed him real quiet and he simply will become a big mystery like
Jimmy Hoffa.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   

No the reasons are clear, they just are having are hard time trying to attain those goals.

-Cash from poppies and the opium trade.
-As one of the previous members posted, oil and gas pipelines.
-The destruction of Al Qaeda and the Taliban.

Cash from the poppy and opium trade is Afghanistans lucky lottery, not ours.
Ditto the oil and gas lines.
Is America invaded for their oil in Texas and other places?
And Al Qaeda and the Taliban are no more our problem than the Tamil Tigers or other rebel organisations elsewhere.

0/11 was what brought us all into this mess and a lot of don't believe that it was Al Qaeda that instigated it.

So that not only leaves Iraq as being an illegal war, but also our presence in Afghanistan as well.

I think all out troops should come home pronto and what happens , happens.

Except now the Taliban are conveniently getting closer to the Paki Nukes that ever so conveniently gives us a reason to remain in the region.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

I agree with you, I also believe that it is an unjust war.
As much as I would like to see Coalition forces out of Afghanistan, I think what was started in 2001 needs to be finished.

If by some chance the Taliban get a hold of nukes in Pakistan, the whole last 8 years of fighting will all be for nothing. Who really knows what the chances of them being able to do that are but it seems very possible.

I think a lot more attention should be given to what is going on in the two countries of Pakistan and Afghanistan.

top topics

join