It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halloween 2 (H2) TRAILER

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The new H2 trailer has been released.
Looks pretty good (IMO).
As I was a big fan of the first remake.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but you can't have MM without the Captain Kirk mask. It doesn't even resemble the original character. I don't know why they have to change the mask. It looks more like Leatherface. The old MM would kick the crap out of the new MM.

Peace

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

What? What is that garbage?...Christ...awful.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
I'm sorry, but you can't have MM without the Captain Kirk mask. It doesn't even resemble the original character. I don't know why they have to change the mask. It looks more like Leatherface. The old MM would kick the crap out of the new MM.

Peace

I am right there with you. it is lame that they didnt use the william shatner expressionless face mask that has helped make this series so famous. Not using that mask will take away from this one.

I am a confirmed halloween movie addict. It is my absolute favorite scary movie series.

The remake that rob zombie did was good in its own sense but I much prefer the original. At least he had the sense to use the shatner mask for it.... I did not realize that they were remaking halloween two, and just from the previews it looks like it is not going to follow the original story very closely.

It will probably be crap but I will go see it anyway because I am a michael Myers/halloween addict.

A helpful piece of advice for all : You can't kill a psycho in a William Shatner Mask!

Peace and love!

[edit on 27-4-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I'm somewhat surprised with the comments.

Zombie's initial remake was excellent. One of the better horror films of the year and a rare remake that was worth watching. And I think this one looks just as good, if not better. The term "evolution" is dropped early in the trailer which indicates that the series is being renewed and the character is ever evolving through the films. So the mask is a non-issue, in my opinion.

Friday the 13th, Jason Voorhees and the hockey mask are all synonymous. But I believe it was the third or fourth movie of that series before he actually wore the mask. Few people actually remember that.

I just don't see Rob Zombie making this film and it not being excellent.

I don't get the whole August release date though. You would think it would be an October release.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I saw the Shatner msk in that trailer, and it didn't look like a flashback to the first.

I think it could be OK, becasue you are actually seeing his face. If he doesn't have the mask then so be it, he can find another one down the line.

But to be honest I liked the fact in the first remake that it showed him surviving wounds to unfatal areas (I think he got shot in the shoulder) but didn't the girl cut off his head at the end.
It messes with the realism of it.

1:59 you see the mask on his face, looks like it's in the hospital that is shown in the trailer, it is not from the first one, I don't know what your all complaining about

[edit on 27-4-2009 by Chukkles]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
It looks as hillarious as the first to me

are you a giant? lol!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
And besides the mask, this wrestler is like 7 feet tall and ripped. He's supposed to be physically superior to everybody. The old Myers was a normal sized guy whose strength came from all the rage and hate inside him. There's nothing creepy about the new Myers, he's just this giant guy walking around whacking people.

And I saw the mask in the trailer and it didn't look like a William Shatner/Captain Kirk mask at all. Maybe it was a William Shatner/T.J. Hooker mask.

Peace

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

And I saw the mask in the trailer and it didn't look like a William Shatner/Captain Kirk mask at all. Maybe it was a William Shatner/T.J. Hooker mask.

Peace

I'd say it's THE mask, but it's just battered and dirty from the first movie, kinda like how Jasons hockey mask changed according to how it was treated throughout the series.
I didn't mind watching th first on satellite TV much like how I will wait for this one to come to Sat TV, I won't buy it.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

Maybe someone can get a still frame of that part of the trailer. It was definitely dirty whatever it was.
Shatner's gotten more hip, maybe his mask did too.

Peace

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This discussion prompted me to see what John Carpenter thought about the remakes, and here's what I found:

Regarding the first Rob Zombie remake..

...As for Rob Zombie's Halloween remake, he's not involved. "I bailed out of that after a while. But Rob [Zombie] has been a friend of mine for years. He did a song for me way back when [for Escape from LA]. He's a real nice guy. He called me up when they were going to make it and I said, "Just make it your own. Hell. That's the most important thing. Make it yours."...

Link

"I bailed out of that after a while" sounds to me like he didn't like what he was seeing, but being the professional he is, still gave Zombie encouragement. Just my opinion.

Honestly, if they'd just kept the mask (in it's original condition
), I could stomach what they were doing now a little more.

Peace

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Maybe someone can get a still frame of that part of the trailer. It was definitely dirty whatever it was.
Shatner's gotten more hip, maybe his mask did too.

Here's a couple pics of the mask taken from the trailer.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/25d2f49277c1.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a326fbedd73c.jpg[/atsimg]

And one from a google search.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/40a8fd532fff.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Thanks, then I stand corrected. The first and third pic definitely look like the real deal. I'm not sure what's up with the second picture, maybe it's just the lighting. That mask is of utmost importance; it is Halloween.

Peace

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
See the way i'm seeing that second pic is it's showing his real face, NO mask, you see his real face a few times in that trailer.

Picture this, the film follows on straight were the other left off, Myers is seemingly dead and the coroner has taken his mask off and bagged him up.
In the meat wagon he sit's up in the bag and kills the van crew, or even on the morgue table same thing just kills the morgue crew, he can't find his mask though, he goes looking for it killing anyone he comes across, and eventually finds it.

It's not out of character for the films themselves to do something like this.

Did you ever see his real face in the originals, I know we saw Jasons real face, I think thats why I prefered them a little bit over the Halloween films.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Chukkles]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

In the first Halloween (1978) you see his face. His mask is ripped off and you see it for a second. He's a "normal" person.

That's right before it comes off.

And that scene you described, that happens in Halloween 4. He is put into a coma for ten years, and while he's being transferred he kills the guys in the ambulance and goes back to Haddonfield.

new topics

top topics

join