It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europeans-- if the USA came under control of a tyrannical govt would you save us?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Hang on, hang on...

So the question is, if the EU would come help the US when their government has been taken over by tyrannical warmongers? Just like they saved some EU states?

Completely overlooking the three year delay, known false flag attacks, Prescott Bush and all other historical facts, the first problem is it's impossible. The US government has been flooded by tyrants well before the EU was thought of.

Secondly, the overtaking of government includes the control over the biggest arsenal of WMDs, so unless you want people from the entire planed living in the US after the conflict, you do not want ANYONE to come help you.

Thirdly and lastly, your question is flawed. In WW2, were the Allied forces really helping to save people from a tyrannical government? As in helping the German citizenship oust their elected leaders? No they weren't, the Allies were too busy bombing the @(#$^% out of them. Need I mention Hiroshima or Nagasaki?

Some saviors the Allies turned out to be.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09

Originally posted by rhinoceros
reply to post by SKUNK2

No respect what so ever should go to Soviet Union. They were even worse than the Nazis.

Many other dictatorships have also been very nasty throughout history, yet your government has supported them. Saddam and Pinochet come to mind.

How did Finland support Saddam's Iraq or Pinochet's Chile? I guess we respected their right of sovereignty. Anything else?

[edit on 28-4-2009 by rhinoceros]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by rhinoceros

My apologies. That was ignorant of me. I assumed you were from the United States. Sorry!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I've been reading this thread and I think President Obama is asking for trouble if he wants to impose a tyrannical form of government far beyond what we have now. He'll have to deal with an armed citzenry, the military turning on him and the possibility of a large number of states going on a succession movement again.

The only country right now that could stop the the USA militarily on a gigantic scale is Russia, mostly because Russia has carefully kept up its nuclear forces (even when the Soviet Union collapsed the Russians still faithfully kept up the maintenance for their ballistic missile submarines, especially their Typhoon and Delta IV class submarines that could fire missiles at the continental USA from the relatively safety of the Barents Sea).

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   

I can sort of understand where you are coming from now. What with the Winter War. But still i think some respect should be given to Soviet troops. Not Stalin though.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Whilst it is true to say that an awful lot of American's really get on my tit end's and really annoy me with their unfounded, overblown sense of superiority which has absolutely no base in truth at all, I honestly think that a lot of the anti-US rhetoric displayed here is totally uncalled for.

The world would be a worse place without the US and that deserves some recognition.

The US is only young and when it reaches maturity our colonial cousins will be a great asset to the world community.

[edit on 28/4/09 by Freeborn]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manawydan

Thirdly and lastly, your question is flawed. In WW2, were the Allied forces really helping to save people from a tyrannical government? As in helping the German citizenship oust their elected leaders? No they weren't, the Allies were too busy bombing the @(#$^% out of them. Need I mention Hiroshima or Nagasaki?

First of all, The Germans were also bombing the hell out of the UK.
It was war and despite what some people may think unsavoury things happen in war.
I do not condone it, but it is a simple fact.

Germany was defeated when we bombed Hiroshima and Nagasaki??

However, it is fair to say that it shortened the war in Asia considerably, probably by 3 - 5 years.
How many people would have died during that time?
Probably considerably more!

Additionally, with the advent of nuclear weapons, simply due to human nature, they would have been used at some point in history and I for one prefer that it was used when it was to display the shear magnitude of devastation these weapons can cause rather than something with the capability of modern nuclear weapons.
Hopefully it has provided the lesson that ensures they will never be used in anger again.
Only time will tell.

And as for them evil allies; they were absolutely despicable in their rebuilding of both the German and Japanese industry and society as a whole after the war.
I'm sure they would have done the same for us if they had won!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I'm from London, if you promise to bring back 'The Next Generation', 'X-Files' and Stargate SG-1 then you got yourself a deal and i'll send the boys round!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
You got yourself a deal there hoss. -shakes my head at the OP- It looks like were in it on our own. Not that I'd mind, just I have a feeling that something is going to happen soon. With Everything going on,

I have a gut feeling that Swine Flu is the first step in population control. That we were attacked by our government, if we can't trust our countrymen, how can we trust the Europeans. I wouldn't even have bothered to ask for the help of the European Nations, We did this before and we can do it again.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Perhaps my attempt at making a point was not as good as I had hoped.

My argument is that the OP question is flawed. The rest of the world did not go into Germany when it's government was taken by tyrants. Quite the contrary seeing how Germany started a major war, everyone else was pretty much forced to defend them self's. My quarrel is with a non existent parallel the original post implies. No one saved the Germans from their tyrannical government. If anything, the selected parts of Germany's ww2 government were given asylum in the US for their "scientific values".

While I fully agree that the use of nuclear weaponry did shorten the war considerably, it is still a very poor excuse for such a blatant disregard for life and environment in general.

Kind regards, M.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.

Originally posted by TheKingsVillian
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

It wasn't England who came and stopped the Japs from taking over Australia it was the USA.
So they saved us.

Seems to me you don't have much faith in your own countries armed forces? Don't you think the Australian airforce and navy could have stood up to the Japs?

Uh, no, in fact, a large percentage of Australian Forces were deployed in RAF and North Africa, apart from huge numbers taken prisoner at Singapore.

Without the USA - especially the USAAF - Australia would've been occupied by the Japanese.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by undermind]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by undermind

I'm sorry I brought this up now! My original argument was with the poster who said that America had saved Europe and Britain from the Germans and suddenly everyone's got hold of the wrong end of the stick.
I'm not knocking America, just there strange insistence that they, and they alone, won WW2.
The original question was would the Europeans try to save the American people from their own government if they suddenly turned on their own people. I said we wouldn't be able to because if this scenario comes about we will all find ourselves having to defend ourselves from our governments. It wont happen in just one country such as the USA because the whole plan seems to be for world domination not just American domination. If the Europeans watched Americans killed by their own troops we would be better placed and aware of the circumstances when our own European governments began to turn the screw.
As far as I'm concerned the events will be global not just confined to America.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

Only one country came out of WWII wealthier than it went in and that was America. Britain has only just finished paying for all the generous loans it took to fight on alone for 3 years!

On the other hand nows not the time to hold a grudge against our friendly fire allies.

And if the most super democratic, save the whole world, and supplier of such cultural classics as *Mr Ed and Dallas needs our help then I SAY YES!

*in retrospect I would like to say thankyou for Mr Ed.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
"True. Can't argue that, but FACT is we DID come... Even if it's 3 years later. We bailed you out. Bailed Europe out.

Ohhh, and if anyone "defeated" the Germans, pushing them back, it was the Russians, not the brits, imo.
Americans lost just as many lives as the Brits. Around 400,000.

If if wasn't for Americans, you'd all be speaking GERMAN right now!

Shame on YOU.

My 2 cents is that UK & USA have the same interests.
Guess where UN is headquartered? The Big Apple my friend.
If we go down...you go down. That's why the "people" should stick together, if it came down to "us and them".

Who's side r u on? "

What makes you so sure hitler would have stopped at europe? I have no doubts that if he would have taken europe, asia or the USA would have been next and then YOU may have been speaking german!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

Lets not quibble we all did it together...if only someone had taken more notice when Stalin was happily training and suppling Hitlers troops or when Musollini invaded Ethiopia or hell even bothered to made a bigger fuss when Austria and surrounding countries were being annexed, we might not be having this debate.

Why repeat the mistakes of the past by not taking action. If such an event did happen it would make more sense to act quickly and with determination if only for our own outcome.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Oh please...the Euros are just in as bad a shape or worse then the USA.
The whole world is looking for a damn bailout...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09

I can sort of understand where you are coming from now. What with the Winter War. But still i think some respect should be given to Soviet troops. Not Stalin though.

The force Soviet Union put against Finland (the first time they tried to invade) was about 3 times larger than the force Allies later put in Normandy. And they failed miserably. Imagine that. I have no respect what so ever for their troops. The just simply sucked. A Finn took out on average 7 Russians before death. Needless to say Soviet Union had superiority in everything on paper. 30 tanks vs. 3000 tanks. 130 airplanes vs. 3800 airplanes. A nation of 4 million people vs. a nation of 160 million people. 250 000 men vs. 1 million men. Get the picture?

[edit on 28-4-2009 by rhinoceros]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
First let me say i honour the people that died fighting in a country that is not their own, so i could have my freedom. I'm not talking about who funded the nazi regime and wich nation saved another. I'm talking about the men who got sent off to fight and died for my freedom. We honour them every year in my country.

Second, if the USA came under control of a tyrannical goverment, Europe would be lost as well. It's one big organization.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I'd save you, i'd travel seas for you & fight myghty monsters.... it's all about the price you put on the table. I can do some sort of package: 1million € for 5 lifes (a family), that's fair i think. (Insolvent people are not accepted, thanks)

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
A bit pricey dont you think.
Second line..

[edit-second Line]

[edit on 29/4/2009 by SemperParatusRJCC]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join