It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Update*- We called the school

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I posted this in the wrong place!!!! It's supposed to be in another thread how do I move it?

Ok, I've just contacted the school nurse to let her know my child will not be in school today and possibly for the rest of the week. I tried to pick her brain by saying I am just worried about the health situation and asked her if she knows what I mean. Her reply "No I don't have any clue". I said well it's a world wide health emergency now do you know what I mean and she said "yeah yeah yeah"

So. I'm gonna play it by ear this week and see where this thing goes.

Thanks for all your information and comments.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by NATIVO]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Way to sick with your gut. I've noticed that health care personnel tend to get apathetic to illnesses because they see it day in and day out. Since my mother-in-law and my wife are both in nurses, I can say that with some degree of confidence

It took a lot of convincing to get her to to agree to me keeping the kids home this week.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Don't that just piss you off? The tone of her saying, "Yeah yeah yeah!"

How rude and stupid of her to act like it's nothing.

Last night at work I called a friend in another store to ask her opinion of this new swine flu. She said, "I don't know what you're talking about. Oh, wait, I think I heard something about it a couple of days ago. I don't really know what you're talking about."

Then she acts like I am nuts for even knowing about it. That's so strange and the general public's interest is just astoundingly low. Impressively low even.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by NATIVO

Once you get this posted in your other thread, I will close this one.

Leaving up for the meantime so you can grab your post.

Just post here, that you are done and I will take care of this one

here's your thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 4/27/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

I'm finished in this thread.. thank you for help moving my post

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Just stopping in for a moment on our Forum, so wanted to lend a bit of support to your thread as I too have experienced the same and actually went to my u2u section first to rant this complaint out to a friend, lol!

What is the deal here? Why are ppl so complacent about this potentially serious matter? Why do I feel like the only nutcase in my entire town for having grave concerns about this emergency situation?

I do my absolute best to maintain a sense of dignity about myself, but wow I went out on a limb and really did all I could to help the ignorant ppl I know have a bit of stash back in case this goes pandemic locally.( I know how I will be in sitx, I really do care about ppl and animals)

I took supplies to all my loved ones and contacted neighbors (Mennonites) and checked in with all the elderly in my neighborhood.

The best answer I got was from my neighbors who had at least 'heard' about it, but they tend to think this: THAT YES, IT IS THE FLU SEASON... And that's it...

No One plans to do anything proactive, they see no harm as the flu kills ppl every year, and this will be no different.

And now with Obama coming on to say its just not that serious...

I feel like a real nutcase!!! Conspiracy freak.

Now what I really think is that THIS event is going to make Billions for the vaccines next fall.

Let this pass over, but as for the ignorant... I say let them eat beans!

[edit on 27-4-2009 by antar]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Your welcome

Please continue this discussion here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

top topics

join