It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

insomnia is it normal ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
hello

i live in Paris France, and since 2 or 3 weeks i have friends, coworkers, family telling me that they can not sleep, i never make a link between them, until the last Saturday we was in a party and someone talk about it, i said to him that i have the same problem, impossible to sleep, nervous, i made strange dreams, i don't feel anymore the same and wired things is people around us start to say that they experience the same feeling, it's like all your thought are rushing, you can not thought by the way,and i never been like this before. so i went to my doctor for having pills, and he laugh and say since 2 months he deal with that, people can not sleep, nervous and he say it's normal the crisis and weather .
i was just wandering if is it just a coincidence or if there a explanation to this, is it the stress or the fear about all the crazy think we see and hear every days who made that state.
i wanna know if there other people in other country who feel the same.
thank you

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Hmm, I don't know what the connection could be and nobody could know for that matter, however I've heard a claim that it was a symptom of ascension, I have always had insomnia since I was a child.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by pitchdragon

Yeah I feel the same at the moment. Trouble sleeping , really restless, no appetite. so I know how you feel.
Maybe the sun inactivity could have something to do with it?
A lot of people seem to be sensing that something is wrong.
I sometimes have the strange dreams too.
peace x

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
EVERYBODY will expericance insomnia at some point during their life, for most people it doesnt last forever. and there is an unlucky few who suffer constantly.

100percent normal, dont worry

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Okay, not to beat a dead web-bot, but...the legendary ALTA run, Part 6 supposedly mentions global sleep problems that create violence and turmoil.

Just saying...

I love/hate the bot!

[edit on 27/4/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
this is what i was telling to myself, i always try to rationalize a situation,it's just insomnia, and this point the only think i can not explain is why people around me feel the same, if i was alone in that case i don't post a thread
i just take pills, or spend my night reading all the others thread on ATS

and i didn't made any relation with web bot because i heard about it but i never try to find out how it work

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I hadn’t eaten for two days, and didn’t even feel hungry once but I’m not feeling ill. I only had something tonight because I needed to play basketball.

I haven’t been sleeping in the night for the last year, always have been going to sleep after the sun comes up.

I also have been having strange dreams for at least the last two years, one very detailed and trippy to say the least.

I think our brains are trying to cope with the large amount of conflicting views on a broad range of subjects, which is overloading them with thoughts of what is the truth and what is not. So we are just in deep thought more now than ever before.

We also have so much information at our fingertips; it just seems we are all looking for answers and just creating more questions making us think even more.

Like someone else said and I wish I knew who it was cause it was so true and it is exactly how I feel. It was along the lines of;
"I feel like I have been in the worst nightmare since September eleven 2001"

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Could ATS be the cause of people insomnia here??

Surely not!!
But i do think people would sleep a lot better without access to the interwebs. Try taking a break.

Just saying

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Dont worry about it, Insomnia is perfectly normal, most people will experience it sometime in their lives, heck, i have it now thats why im still up writing this post, cause i just cant get to sleep! laying in bed for hours hoping sleep will find me, oh well.

Reading helps to get to sleep i find.. tv and computer make you stay awake even longer (damn looks like im up till 6am)

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

I think our brains are trying to cope with the large amount of conflicting views on a broad range of subjects, which is overloading them with thoughts of what is the truth and what is not. So we are just in deep thought more now than ever before. We also have so much information at our fingertips; it just seems we are all looking for answers and just creating more questions making us think even more.

I'm totally agree with you, it's the same question rolling on my head, it's all the time the same , what is truth and what is not, to much information, but i think i m aware to hear or see things i was not able to manage before, because for me now everything is possible,people are acting like there no limit,doom and gloom, end of the world, conspiracy, i think i can see a parade of alien singing, i will not be surprised

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
If you cant sleep at night it's usually related to stress. Find out what it is and confront it. Meditation will help. I get home from work @ 3pm and I usually sleep a few hours. Then I go to bed at about 12am and sleep through the next morning. ( I sometimes get up for the occasional squirt.).
I dont do drugs and I dont take any pills. Mind you I dont give a rat's a## about anything.

Peace

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I believe it's all about anxiety. Especially with this economic crisis-- people are worrying about everything. I don't know how many normal people knowing what's going on would be able to have a good night sleep.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

I agree its mostly anxiety I started having some starting a few months back. After 2 weeks of sleepless night I went to my doctor and he gave me some pills and now I sleep perfectly every night. I suggest you do this my doctor said insomnia like this is very bad your your body as a whole.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I have had insomnia most of my life. Some nights I barely sleep. I am use to it. I took pills once and for less than a week and they made me feel worse! I havent taken a sleeping pill or anything since and I am perfectly fine minus the insomnia...lol I usually get 5 hrs if that a night and I feel relaxed and awake. It might just be me but I personally dont have any bad side affects from my insomnia. I guess my body got use to it.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I have insomnia most of the time, but it gets really bad about February as the days start getting longer.

Spring through summer I may only sleep 3-4 hours a night. When fall and winter hit, I sleep for a max of 5.

Some people need less sleep than others I suppose.

As for dreaming, I have always been a lucid dreamer but I rarely have bad dreams.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I have been diagnosed with "clinicallly acute insomnia" for about 8 years now. Esentially out of the blue, at least 5 to 6 times a year, I will have a panic attack that starts it and I will remain awake for anywhere from 1-4 days, being the record, straight, no cat naps nothing. During that period it is not the most pleasant way to walk around in life. It isn't until my body finally says enough and I crash that the cycle resets itself. But I do have some freaky, lucid dreams after crashing.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by djvexd]

[edit on 27-4-2009 by djvexd]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Insomnia is normal, in that everyone goes without sleep at least some point in their life, others like me have permanent insomnia, I go to bed around 6-9am local time, and I can only sleep for a few hours at a time. I always have a broken sleep. Many nights I do not sleep at all. I have been this way since I was little.
Pretty common I will go for 3 days in a row without sleep, record 117 hours awake... I can function fine without sleep but Im told its not healthy, some people fare better than others.

Dont go for pills they will make things worse, take too many and you will rely on them, or like me become immune to them and suffer more.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Hey, always nice to meet fellow insomniacs. Glad you started this thread. See all the other people showing up and saying they've dealt with it or are dealing with it too? That's because it is actually more common than people think. Lots of people experience it off and on like me or have mild insomnia issues at least once in their lifetime. Stressing about it will probably only make it worse. The cause of insomnia is different for every person. Sometimes it's stress, or it can even be a dietary problem. I'm sure your doctor is spot on though and I hope whatever he's given you has helped.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I work a rotating 12 hour shift. On 3 or 4 days and off 1 or 2 days. Switching from days to nights every 3 or 4 days.
When switching between days and nights sometimes I wont be able to sleep at all. It will be time for bed but I just lay there. I'm not restless. My mind isn't racing I just am not tired. I have laid in bed for up to 10 hours and would not fall asleep.
If I stay up and not try to lay down I will be so tired I can't even function the following day. But if I lay in bed for several hours awake I can muster through the day,tired but functional. I'm a Very light sleeper. The slightest movement or noise will wake me up.
Most of the time I sleep with earplugs in.
What I'm starting to discover is while im asleep im having a hard time breathing. If I sleep on my back I cant breath at all. I have allergies and my nose is always screwed up.
I've done some research and when your sleeping if you cant breath your body will compensate by keeping you alert but still half way asleep.
I have been using pillows to keep myself propped up on my sides or on my stomach and its working.
I don't think I have insomnia but because of my work schedule my sleeping pattern is in destroyed. And thanks to my allergies I cant sleep anyways.
Thank Xenu for the Neti pot.

top topics

join