It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imminent Nuclear War?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
You've all heard of a liitle organisation in the Middle East called the Taliban that used to be the government in a country called Afghanistan, right?
Well now that they've been driven out of Afghanistan, they've regrouped and are now doing pretty good at taking over Pakistan. They've already made deals with the Pakistani government to have sharia law imposed in some parts of the country. The government is weak and the Taliban is strong and actually very good at what they do. They can be very persuasive because they are supported by so many religious clerics and bigwigs in the muslim world.
When they govern any area or country, the Taliban are very hard-line Islamic and anti-western. They fiercely support anyone who has beef with any western nation.
When (I believe it's 'when' and not 'if'), when the Taliban is in control of Pakistan they will be the official government in power, in Pakistan.
Here's the rub,
Pakistan is a nuclear power.

The 2000 US military estimates put Pakistan's arsenal at more than 100 warheads.
Warheads that the Taliban would gladly sell to buyers like Iran and Syria, who happen to have very good delivery systems for those warheads. And they happen to vow the complete destruction of Israel (they HATE Israel and view Jews with more diddain than Hitler did).
Even North Korea could put a bid in on a couple.
'If' the Talian do sell nuclear warheads to Iran, how long do you think it would be before a couple of them found there way into the skies above Israel.
The Taliban's finger on the Pakistani nuclear switch clearly has the US worried, judging by the talk on the news. And so it should. The various leaders of countries and militant groups in the Middle East are very serious about what they believe in, they're just as convinced that they are 'in the right' as the west is, and they're definately not scared, of ANY threat that's made to them.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   

'If' the Talian do sell nuclear warheads to Iran, how long do you think it would be before a couple of them found there way into the skies above Israel.

They would NOT do that due to religion reasons and political ones. And Iran wouldn't nuke Israel.

The pakistani arsenal should be sabotaged right now. Who cares if they don't have nukes? Then when they don't have nukes, we can leave them alone and get our troops back here.

But that's too much common sense for the globalists who love chaos and war.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Maybe they wouldn't nuke Israel.

But the Taliban WOULD sell warheads.....to the highest bidder on the day.....until they're all gone........and someone WOULD nuke someone.

They're doing pretty good at taking the country so, keep an ear to the ground for developments.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
in my opinion it is idiotic for any country for anyone to have nukes.... i mean honestly wtf is the point? the destruction they cause the radioactive/radiation leaves the land useless... for any person/government to have nuke's is crime against humanity period.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Reality..

You're right, and most of the world agrees with you, and so do I.
Pretty much every government agrees too.
But too late.
The nuclear weapon has not only been invented but it has been produced, on a mass scale. There are literally thousands of them here.

If we never use these weapons, the future will see them as ancient technology that their ancestors were too scared to use. And one day, in some war in the distant future, nuclear weapons WILL be used. It's too late, they have to be used, they've been invented.

Nuclear was IS therefore, imminent.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by NathanNewZealand

Nathan, I do not believe that anyone will use nuclear weapons. I hope I'm right.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
One thing that worries me isn't so much that someone may actually press the little red button as an of war, but rather that the safety measures put in place to prevent accidental detonation will be insufficient to protect us should the Earth express any movement, ie axis shift leading to domino tsunami etc.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
From past occurrences, the Taliban would probably prefer the nuclear waste. Dirty Bombs are what is predicted to be used by terrorists cells.
Where the radiation sickness would be more effective as a prelude to nuclear viability.

Dick Cheney has announced this on many occasions, and it's what most military analyst concur with. That would be devastating, with a predicted range of casualties in the 100's of thousands. Perhaps millions.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyecatching
From past occurrences, the Taliban would probably prefer the nuclear waste. Dirty Bombs are what is predicted to be used by terrorists cells.

What do you mean by 'past occurrences'?

What did they do?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by NathanNewZealand

well isn't that a mighty big assumption on your part.
I think you are also taking liberties in parts of speaches given from Mahmoud Ahmadinejad about Zionism and not the Jewish people themselves.

It is very easy to continue a misquote or even get a speach wrong when it has to be translated from a foreign language.

Don't you think that Iran could have made a deal a long time a go with Russia and offered free fuel for weapons?

I think if you are looking for a nuclear WWIII, don't blame the Taliban, they can only move as far as they are allowed to move, You may find that the use of the word puts fear into the hearts of people in the US and to link Taliban and nukes gives an even bigger boogy man.

A nuclear weapon will be used because the link has already been made and it is in the head of the average citizen that there is the real possibility of an attack.

If any attack happened any where in the world, the scape goat is already in play and leaves the country open to ocupation.
Imagine Iran with Iraq on one side and pakistan and Afghanistan on the other.
The biggest threat to Israels dream of becoming the ME super power is right in the middle.
Pakitan will be the next country occupied under false reasoning and people will be screaming at Obama to send in the troops.

The US will probably get hit with a nuke and the blame will be laid at the feet of the Taliban and Pakistan.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
this is bullcrap, why are your threads always fearmongering?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Originally posted by eyecatching

What do you mean by 'past occurrences'?

What did they do?

Chlorine bombs, mustard gas, anything that causes turmoil and necessity of clean up.

new topics

top topics

join