It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please be cautious!.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I've read so many posts expressing a desire to 'boost immune systems' in preparation for this flu hitting.

Is this really a wise thing to do?,as the risk of death is increased BECAUSE you have a healthy immune system,mainly 'young healthy' individuals.

en.wikipedia.org...

The cytokine storm (hypercytokinemia) is the systemic expression of a healthy and vigorous immune system resulting in the release of more than 150 inflammatory mediators (cytokines, oxygen free radicals, and coagulation factors).[citation needed] Both pro-inflammatory cytokines (such as Tumor necrosis factor-alpha, Interleukin-1, and Interleukin-6) and anti-inflammatory cytokines (such as interleukin 10 and interleukin 1 receptor antagonist) are elevated in the serum of patients experiencing a cytokine storm

I've heard some horrific descriptions of suffocating on your own body fluids,blood/antibodies/mucus.. building up in the lungs to fight off this virus.

PLEASE be aware of how you prepare for this.You could be doing all the wrong things.

Fighting the disease directly would appear more sensible...
mask up,clean up..isolation.
Also 'supplements that viruses find toxic(rather than 'boost your bodies defences')

On the topic of 'vaccination'? NO CHANCE!! would I submit to one.

UNTESTED 'vaccines'.. Are you kidding me??
'Vaccinations' that crooked politicians have bought into?ermmm...
'Vaccines' containing LIVE avian flu? yeah right!!

I'm currently trying to find a verified link to a story I heard,read numerous times..

One village had ZERO cases of the Original Spanish flu..It just so happened the village's main income was via a CINNAMON factory.
Apparently the dust from processing the cinnamon sticks was being inhaled(unintentionally...high doses,like anything can be toxic).500mg a day had said to be a safe 'supplemental' level.

(If anyone can back this up with with a 'DIRECT' link I'd appreciate it,as it is only the topic of bloggers and unverified links.)

So far we have..
Cinnamon,
Oil of Oregano
Garlic
Colloidal silver.
Turmeric

All suggested as very helpful 'supplements'.
Just do some research on them and which may suit your particular circumstances.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I guess you are right.

People are dying because strong immuno-response.

I vote for garlic and wine.

If i have to fall. I won't let my precious bottles taken away by anybodyelse but me.

Wish you not to get it.

Best luck.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
It is all VERY complicated and not well understood. This is NOT the first disease to be like this I study a disase human granulocytic anaplasmosis which is similar with a strong immune response causing the worst pathology. Hanta-viruses are another one, where the people who die all tend to be males between 15 and 45 years of age.

Another point- Females (at least in hanta) are less likely to die from the disease. The female immune system has some differences due to the need to shield potential offspring containing only 1/2 of the genetic material as thier host from thier own immune systems. Also why women get the majority of auto-immune diseases. Anyways I am going to see if the 1918 flu killed more men then women!

Also it can be said that a "healthy" immune system should know when to shut it self off so by boosting your immunity you may actually be decreasing your response if boosting means promoting health! (does that make any sense)? You do not want to supress either cause then you are susceptible to other infections... Like I said COMPLICATED

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Yes, I had made mention of the fact a healthy immune system was bad in some cases, on another thread and was told I was full of it.
I gave source, but then had no reply.
Some people are bullheaded when comes to this, just like some company selling stuff to increase immune system for bird flue, stuipid.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Yes, the cytokine storm is responsible for most deaths of both the Spanish flu of 1918, and the swine flu of 2009.

Specifically, it's the cytokines TNF-a and IL-6. There are natural substances which have been shown to inhibit growth of these two cytokines.

Vitamin-C- very high dose

St. Johns Wort

Curcumin- Tumeric with natural black pepper for enhanced absorbtion

Green/White Tea
--------------------------------

Plus Oregano Oil, Garlic & Onion to help kill virus.

Lots of fresh, spring water.

I think this is enough. If only we had the information now, back in 1918. I don't think there'd have been nearly as many deaths.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by unityemissions]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Thanks so much for the extra information you supplied here.
As you say,complicated.

Fortunately there are a wider range of supplements available than there was in '18 and the benefit of a little hindsight too.

Still trying to hunt down the Cinnamon 'testimonies', it's referenced everywhere,but 'second hand' info.
It seems whoever dealt with the cases has been wiped from existence.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Vitamin D3:
Higher Doses Reduce Risk of Common Health Concerns

Immunity
Scientists have linked various aspects of immune health to a Vitamin D3 deficiency. Vitamin D3 regulates T cells, which are important to the functioning of a strong immune system. Vitamin D3 acts as an immune system modulator, preventing excessive expression of inflammatory cytokines and increasing the killing efficiency of macrophages. In addition, it dramatically stimulates the expression of potent anti-microbial peptides, which exist in immune system cells such as neutrophils, monocytes, natural killer cells, and in cells lining the respiratory tract. These Vitamin-D3-stimulated peptides play a major role in protecting the lung from infection.13
In addition, Vitamin D3 deficiency may influence development and progression of various autoimmune diseases.14

Cytokine storm

Role in pandemic deaths

It is believed that cytokine storms were responsible for many of the deaths during the 1918 influenza pandemic, which killed a disproportionate number of young adults.[1] In this case, a healthy immune system may have been a liability rather than an asset. Preliminary research results from Hong Kong also indicated this as the probable reason for many deaths during the SARS epidemic in 2003.[citation needed] Human deaths from the bird flu H5N1 usually involve cytokine storms as well.[citation needed] Recent reports of high mortality among healthy young adults in the 2009 swine flu outbreak point to cytokine storms as being responsible for these deaths.[4]

[edit on 28-4-2009 by yankeerose]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by yankeerose

Absolutely fantastic bit of research there.

I wish I could flag just your reply,exactly the kind of information that is required.
You could have saved a lot of lives with that,you just never know.

Heck of a lot safer and cheaper than Tamiflu in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I just wish more members had read it. I think it is very important news to get out to everyone. The great thing is that you can get it over the counter at most drug stores.

I have the Vitamin D3 5000IU, but I hear that even 2000 or 3000IU is very effective also.

new topics

top topics

join