It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'I couldn't get out of bed'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Who the heck is writing this nonsense for the BBC?

This is the second 'load of bull' story that I have found on the BBC news site.
It just does not make sense, reads like it was written by a ten year old and just feels wrong as you read it.

Here is the first story of this type that I found; Family Alert to Swine Flu Illness And now this one seems to be just another plug to make people take Tamiflu.

I have been living in Mexico for only three weeks. The symptoms started last Sunday when I got home..... told me to call the British Embassy. They told me to call the hospital..... I went to the hospital on Saturday. There were many people at the hospital waiting to be diagnosed.

The test was very simple - they just asked me questions and measured my blood pressure.

They prescribed me Tamiflu and I am now feeling much better now.

I asked them if it was swine flu but they weren't very clear, the information wasn't very good. I think swine flu is very different from a normal flu because I just couldn't get out of bed.
news.bbc.co.uk...

It just does not ring true. Even the photo of her looks like it was done from a mobile phone and destined for a page on facebook rather than a photo taken by a reporter.

Why did her friend tell her to call the highest authority? Would anyone in their right mind tell an ill friend to call an embassy? Perhaps she mistook the word for ambulance?

So asking questions and measuring blood pressure is a sure indicator of having swine flu or not? I like the way she plays the 'information was not very good' as though they don't know what they are doing.. it almost stinks of a spin that Mexico is a third world country.. But then again she is an expert now as she just couldn't get out of bed...

I'm glad the Tamiflu 'prescription' made her feel a lot better though.

These types of stories are worse than adverts. They are on a par with BBC reports on WTC7 collapsing 23 minutes too early.

Someone is out to sell Tamiflu.. and doing so on the back of fear is just a real shame.. There is no evidence at all to sugges tthat Tamiflu is affective against this swine flu.

There is currently no vaccine for the new strain, but severe cases can be treated with antiviral medication.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Oh and I just found an update on the first story..

A businessman and his family who were quarantined in their home after returning from Mexico with flu-like symptoms have been given the all-clear.

On Saturday Chris Clarke, of Stanwick, Northamptonshire, felt unwell and contacted his doctor.

He and his family were issued with anti-viral drugs.

He has now been told tests showed he had not caught the new swine flu virus, believed to have killed a number of people in Mexico.

news.bbc.co.uk...

In the original report, they were all given Tamiflu.... Now, all of a sudden, they were given anti-virul drugs...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

I read the same story on BBC's website earlier this morning about the women who "just couldn't get of bed" and thought the exact same thing.

It's an absolutely pathetic article, I clicked the link expecting to read something interesting with regards to swine flu such as a real life account of its symptoms (which the article purports to be) and instead I'm presented with drivel.

Like you said, it doesn't read very well at all and it does sound as if a ten year old child has wrote it. I noticed the picture attached to the webpage aswell and thought the same thing as you did regarding its quality.

Not sure if someone is out to try and sell Tamiflu or not but I'll admit I did find the article rather strange.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
In the original report, they were all given Tamiflu.... Now, all of a sudden, they were given anti-virul drugs...

Tamiflu is an anti-virul drug.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Not everything is some vast conspiracy ... drugs produced by the so called evil big pharma companies do indeed help people believe it or not.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
ok... Not everything is some vast conspiracy...... so work this out....

The symptoms started last Sunday.....I went to the hospital on Saturday. I just couldn't get out of bed during the whole week.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Must be taken within 12 to 48 hours from the first appearance of flu symptoms

www.tamiflu.com...

He said his family have now been issued with a vaccine

news.bbc.co.uk...

He and his family were issued with anti-viral drugs.

news.bbc.co.uk...
So which is it? a vaccine or drugs...
If they really meant vacine, then...

TAMIFLU is available in pill form

www.tamiflu.com...

Maybe that's just a teeny weeny little conspiracy then.. or an outright lie.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by Extralien]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
They do appear to be issuing vaccines to people.

I really want to know WHY. What is the logic behind giving a vaccine for an illness that won't HAVE a vaccine that exists for it for another 3 weeks?

What are they giving these people? What is it supposed to do? And why would you give someone who already HAS the virus a vaccine for the virus? What logic is there in that?

Something stinks.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I think this is a tad overstep of the line. Tamiflu isn't owned by a big enough company for that to be the reason for the outbreak. If you get sick, you'll be really happy that there is Tamiflu.

Next thing around people will say Tamiflu makes people get the flu and die. *rolls eyes*

I don't know why everyone is freaking out. It's easily diagnosed and treatable.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
It looks like a very low budget Tamiflu ad to me.

"Feeling down? take Tamiflu,gets you back on your feet no matter what the fudge is in it!!"

'This is a Normals Fuddled presentation'

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
I think this is a tad overstep of the line. Tamiflu isn't owned by a big enough company for that to be the reason for the outbreak. If you get sick, you'll be really happy that there is Tamiflu.

Next thing around people will say Tamiflu makes people get the flu and die. *rolls eyes*

I don't know why everyone is freaking out. It's easily diagnosed and treatable.

Because if it goes communal the resources and services you need will be innundated. The target age group that is most likely to have problems recovering from it are also NOT the priority patients.

I am concerned because I know that there are limited amounts of anti-virals, labs will be overrun and unable to process all cases in a timely manner (think weeks or months not days), hospitals will be under massive strain, and of the people who show up at the hospital the core group most likely to have SARDS is a patient group that is generally healthy younger-to-mid-age adults who are not priority patients.

So you'll show up at the hospital, and the thousand previous patients who are children, seniors, pregnant women, those with underlying serious medical conditions will probably be treated before you. You probably won't even get into the hospital at all, but be directed by community workers into staged waiting areas with hundreds or thousands of other generally healthy adults.

Will that be what this one turns out to be? Don't know yet. However, I do believe that anyone with a bit of sense won't go into hyperdrive but should probably be realistic when assessing what will happen to them and their family in a given emergency situation.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I'm not trying to be rude, but the picture of the lady... well she didn't look sick to me, she looked drunk or high. just my opinion, I've seen a lot of people with flu's over my life, also i feel i can safely diagnose when someone is drunk/high, and i gotta say in this case, its the ladder.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pondering Soul also i feel i can safely diagnose when someone is drunk/high, and i gotta say in this case, its the ladder.

What? She used the ladder to get high?

Sorry,couldn't resist

BUT if that's the 'face' of a swine/avian flu sufferer, then we don't have too much to worry about.

Setup methinks.

top topics

join