It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Islamic Tidal Wave

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Pakd-on-mystery

Did you read what I posted before, I am AGNOSTIC, I do not like ALL organised religions.

As for the acts of Christians?
I can not be held responsible for their actions as you can not be held responsible for the actions of your German forefathers or I for the British Empire, (not that it shame's me one little bit!).

Yes, some absolutely barbaric acts etc have been perpetrated in the name of Christianity, Spanish Inquisition, The Crusades etc but The Inca's and Aztecs with their religion of human sacrifice were no saints and The Saracen's were hardly choir boys!

In addition, Christianity, for all it's inherent faults, has progressed and become more tolerenat whilst Islam has regressed.

Please, please, read the information people are supplying you with.

[edit on 27/4/09 by Freeborn]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Pakd-on-mystery

No all religions should be stopped, all religions are oppressive.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pakd-on-mystery
If the extremists should be stopped not the religion

That is the whole point; the extremists are growing in influence and numbers and they must be stopped as they are becoming the religion itself and far too many of the 'majority' non-extremists stand idly by and allow the extremists to behave as they do and speak in their name without taking any action whatsoever.

It is time Muslims themselves accepted some responsibility themselves and took action against the extremists, or someone else will do it for them!!

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I am not a native European, but i live here now, i come from a predominatley anglo saxon society the other side of the world who 10 years ago were and still are having this same argument about Japanese and other Asian countries(Muslims included now), religion was not at the base of the argument as the Asians follow many and many are Christians, it was change and the fear of something different to their way of life. I for one am glad to have been brought up in an age of change, i have many differents friends from many different cultures and am not fearfull of anybody just because the colour of their skin. In Europe it is even more multicultural and thats a wonderfull thing. There are 25 million Cristians in India, now if they were being persecuted at suddenly started moving to small council flats in Devon, it wouldnt be the Muslims who are the problem, another exuse would be found. Its not hard to live together side by side in friendly situations. If i can manage that surely others can.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

I have many black friends, I have a number of friends who are of Indian and Pakistani origin.
It has absolutely nothing to do with race.
It is about the oppresiveness of organised religions in general but more to the point the restrictive and intolerant nature of Islamic fundamentalism and it's seemingly growing influence in both influence and numbers.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I could say the same for evangilical christians, its the same thing. fundamentalist anything will always be here, as you say the 'seeming rise' of fundamentalis Islam is being matched by the rise of Evangelists, both deny basic human rights to their follwers, and yes i dont agree with any religion that tells anothers what to do, i think my main concern is the fact that this is being seen as an Islamic invasion which i dont believe exists, just like the title of the thread, 'The Islamic Tidal Wave' it is misleading, the word fundamentalist should be placed infront of it. All i am saying is this vid is propaghanda and does not accurately portray the world around us. Not saying it doesnt happen but its a far smaller scale than we are led to believe.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
its clear that video is a psyop product..........wake up people... our enemy is not the muslim people or islam or the jews.. our enemy is us!!!!!! wake up

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
What people are worried about is the fact if we end up a majoraty muslim country being a democracy we will end up with an islamic government!

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by scoopyjon
What people are worried about is the fact if we end up a majoraty muslim country being a democracy we will end up with an islamic government!

This is the thing about a democracy , what do you do when you do not agree with the majority .

Presuming of course that there was a mandate from the majority in a free and fair election , bringing into power a group who seek to impose Sharia Law .

Is that a reasonable prospect ?
------------------------------------------------------------

Religion and the apparatus of the state must be separate .

Any subculture should be free to practice whatever they wish , bearing in mind any transgression of the states law , will be dealt with appropriately by the Judiciary.
Equal in the eyes of the law. No exceptions , even for the safe "pet religions" ......

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The allowances that were made for the "established" religions of the majority, are the weak links, societally.
As the old saying goes ........" what is good for the goose , is good for the gander ".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don`t see this as an issue State side, but for France and particularly Great Britain , this certainly needs addressing .

[edit on 27-4-2009 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I think this vid is probably Christian propaganda to scare the gay out of people and to drive all the atheists back to church

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The main problem for Islam is that’s it’s lost all credibility, a very large number of people in the west have read the Koran and are shock at what it contains.
People are also aware now of the “games Muslims play “

Taqiyya is using deception to keep one’s true beliefs or convictions a secret. It is like saying one thing, but thinking or doing another.

Kitman is a parallel concept to taqiyya, in that it emphasizes hiding one's true intentions, particularly the bad ones.

In fact I think this thread might contain some Taqiyya

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
It's real, maybe not just Islam and other religions also but in the Uk for example, what was the statistic, Muslim population rising 10x faster?

Fecundism

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
So let me get this quite straight. The person who made this video wants the gospel spread to stop those evil Muslims? Am i getting that quite right? So basically they're saying that their religion is fine but someone elses' is dangerous.

Riiiighhtt ok, yep makes perfect sense. Nice to see that when a bible followers gets persecuted they immediately stand up and scream whilst they simultaneously persecute others. The hypocrisy is hard to wade through.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I am not against people of other culteres living in england but too the lefties who say there is no problem mayby you have never suffered racism and bigotry at the hands of muslims! Who treat you as less than human becues you are are white and christian.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by scoopyjon
I am not against people of other culteres living in england but too the lefties who say there is no problem mayby you have never suffered racism and bigotry at the hands of muslims! Who treat you as less than human becues you are are white and christian.

Hey i've suffered bigotry at the hands of white Christians for being an atheist
I always believed that if someone chooses to live somewhere then they must adopt the basic laws and customs of that country. This doesn't mean they have to drop their religion, but the basic morals of the country they need to accept and respect. This is why i'm against sharia law and being told we can't criticize Muslims. All of that needs to be stopped.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
None of you are under threat of living under Sharia law, nor of "oppression" by Muslim rule or majority. I suspect you're merely hysterial bigots who are easily spooked by internet videos.

If we take a look at the UK specifically, the Muslim population is estimated to be 3.3%. They are hardly going to swamp you.

Grow up and find a more constructive way of dealing with your fears and uncertainties in life, rather than applying them to scapegoats like some Medieval peasant would do.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bosna87

It's not the muslim/islamics that are to worry about, or is the problem. It's fundamentalist idiots of any religion, including Islam. The quiet crusade of Islamics migrating into western countries is a fifth column threat to every person who is not Islam, and to Islamics that do not adhere to the arab traditions. Traditions that the mullahs say are Islam, but are bastardized interpretations of obscure parts of the Koran, and are nothing more than midevil traditions and expectations that have no part in modern day civilization.

So, don't get upset when people voice their opinion against muslims/islamics. Just as in any other religion it's the zealots that make a bad name for everyone else in that religion.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
For everyone here saying Islam isn't a threat, for everyone reflecting on the glorious days when the Middle Eastern culture was at it's height, many many years ago, and for everyone wanting others to just be tolerant, I offer up a recent example of the work of the Taliban in Pakistan. Oh yes, I know, most Muslims aren't like this, but where are the peaceful ones ready to stop this invasion by these psychos?

Am I concerned about Muslims breeding like flies and taking over countries. You bet I am. Come to Texas, Taliban. I don't think we will just roll over and take it!

If this means I am showing hatred when I say I want to join the Pakistan army and plug a few of these thugs, then pass me a clip:
Taliban gunmen shooting couple dead for adultery caught on camera

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roark
When your ancestors were still illiterate hut-dwellers, Muslim nations excelled in mathematics, medicine and natural sciences.

But I digress. You're obviously a disgruntled extremist who likes to generalise about people groups you observe. Your burka comment was an especially intelligent touch.

I would absolutely lurrve to have a crack at you and your obscenely ignorant views in the formal debates forum...

[edit on 27-4-2009 by Roark]

Hmmm...true. But who did the Muslims (Arabs only at that time in history) learn their excellence in science, medicine and mathematics, from?

The rock was always there in the driveway, yes. But the rock formed somewhere else.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
There are far more Christians than Muslims in the world..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join