It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy to Censor people on ATS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
How many people feel there is a conspiracy to keep people censored on ATS forums?

If you have been censored unneccesarily or feel you have, please explain here.

I have found a tremendous amount of censorship on the Prison Planet forum, and I always felt there was more leniency here, but I have touched on some very sensitive topics and I have been hammered for it. Please tell us about your negative experiences with censorship here on ATS.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
You were "hammered" for your insulting rhetoric, not your ideas.

I gave you those warnings because this is indicated at the top of every page of every thread in the 9/11 forum...

This forum is dedicated to the discussion and speculation of cover-ups, scandals, and other conspiracies surrounding the events of 9/11/2001. Participants should be aware that this forum is under close staff scrutiny due to general rudeness by some. Discussion topics and follow-up responses in this forum will likely tend to lean in favor of conspiracies, scandals, and cover-ups. Members who would seek to refute such theories should be mindful of AboveTopSecret.com's tradition of focusing on conspiracy theory, cover-ups, and scandals.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by infoliberator

As outrageous as this may sound, censorship is not always bad. Some people take their freedom of speech too far, and without proper restrictions and parameters in place, common rules of decency and decorum get violated on the whims of people who just want to tick people off.

If you can, please provide some first hand experiences here on ATS so the community can determine whether your alleged censorship was truly a grievous infraction, or a warranted step towards keeping ATS a civil and orderly place of discussion.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I agree that the "censorship" was a result of rude comments, not ATS trying to hide the truth. Insulting or belittling someone doesn't do a thing to uncover the truth. It is mere name-calling, of no value to anyone.

If there are facts to state, do so. It doesn't matter in the slightest if someone is a member of some secret group trying to discredit the facts you present. Calling someone that doesn't make it so; but it certainly makes you look bad.

The best thing is to focus on the issues and present your facts in a calm, respectful manner. No one ever proved a thing by insulting anyone, other than the insulter has nothing better to offer. When you resort to insult, you've lost your argument.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by infoliberator

Dude,just settle down.ATS is the greatest site on Earth IMO!They dont censor ANYTHING.Infact I had a mod once accidentally delete my thread and then I u2u'd her and she apologized and gave me an applause!Of course it was the great Assla,lol(for real though).

You have one of THE OWNERS RESPONDING TO YOU!Do you really think they are "censoring you??9/11 is a VERY controversial topic(thus I stay away from it).Just CHILL,you already got THREE WARNINGS..........one more and I think you get banned for good.Just relax and talk civilly,ATS does allow free speech,but not BELIGERANT speech.I hope you stay on here man!

EDIT to add:ATS does mean "Deny Ignorance".And they do it to the FULLEST,as they should,so don't be a "sheeple" and "Deny ignorance"!

[edit on 4/26/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
You were "hammered" for your insulting rhetoric, not your ideas.

I gave you those warnings because this is indicated at the top of every page of every thread in the 9/11 forum...

This forum is dedicated to the discussion and speculation of cover-ups, scandals, and other conspiracies surrounding the events of 9/11/2001. Participants should be aware that this forum is under close staff scrutiny due to general rudeness by some. Discussion topics and follow-up responses in this forum will likely tend to lean in favor of conspiracies, scandals, and cover-ups. Members who would seek to refute such theories should be mindful of AboveTopSecret.com's tradition of focusing on conspiracy theory, cover-ups, and scandals.

I beg to differ with your statement, Skeptic Overlord,

I feel there is a genuine conspiracy on ATS to keep people silent about some important information.

If I was not right, then how come you can call someone a camel jockey or a no planer and have no problem, but I call someone a planehugger and it's like saying a dirty word in kindergarden around here?

How come, in the past, all I did was post one time, JUST ONE TIME, about a site with no plane theories on it, and I got banned from ATS, when I had lots of points, no warnings, and lots of good posts?

How come, the thread about GAALT was turned off somehow, so people could not see certain posts on it? Right after someone came on cliaming to be from GAALT, and the order of posts was rearranged?

I have caught ATS red-handed at Censorship in the past, and you guy sborder on the censorship level of Prison Planet. You try to control stuff like somehow, there is somekind of vested interest in keeping some things from being knowna dn promoting other stuff to someone's advantage, but certyainly not the people who want to know the truth.

If your going to censor anyone, why not censor the people who post about how long a dinos dong is or how many ding dongs a reptilian eats per day? I have seen more DUMB posts on here in the last year than any conspiracy forum I know if, and it almost seems like ATS likes this. Fill in the empty spaces with junk so people never find what they are looking for, kinda like the internet, overall.

If you feel i'm incorrect, then prove it by being fair, instead of the overlord dictator of everything imaginable.

Other than that, I appreciate the site and your effrots to run it properly. Keep up the good work, but keep it real, will you?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Do you really want to go this route?You have good potential on here with your motivation.I beg you not to get banned man!It is your choice,I am sure "GAALT" had its reasons,which the owners/staff are willing to share if we get past your issues here.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Hey jkrog08,

I love Ats, and I like what they do here. That's why i'm here, and trying to make it a more habitable place.

If someone says "be nice", and they allow someone to call someone else a "No Planer", then it should be fair to call someone a "Planehugger".

I think it's fair. Cartman would agree. Where is the sense of humor here?
If I say it in humor, why is it up to someone else to interpret it as an insult?
I am not mean, so I was not insulting. I was being funny, in my own way. And it's not only not appreciated, it's crapped on.

And it's not crappen on because of misunderstanding, it's crapped on because of BIAS and PREJUDICE on the part of ATS Mods. Period.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by infoliberator]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I am just saying chill out man,I know first hand how those political(9/11,etc) threads get you.I assure you ATS is NOT CENSORING ANYTHING.If I thought they were I wouldnt be here or would start a thread about it.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiron613
I agree that the "censorship" was a result of rude comments, not ATS trying to hide the truth. Insulting or belittling someone doesn't do a thing to uncover the truth. It is mere name-calling, of no value to anyone.

If there are facts to state, do so. It doesn't matter in the slightest if someone is a member of some secret group trying to discredit the facts you present. Calling someone that doesn't make it so; but it certainly makes you look bad.

The best thing is to focus on the issues and present your facts in a calm, respectful manner. No one ever proved a thing by insulting anyone, other than the insulter has nothing better to offer. When you resort to insult, you've lost your argument.

I never insulted anyone, you planehugging closeminded, non-humorous, intellectual absentee.......

Can you please define an insult for me?

Did I just insult you, or play on the situation to make light of it?

Did you really think I was being insulting just now, or merely pointing out your characteristics as I see them?

If you want to say someone is being insulting, then I assume you would judge a person calling a homosexual a "gay" person, insulting, right?

That depends on the state of mind of the individual...right? How can you go around judging people as being insulting based on a few words, and no REAL insults?

You guys should LOVE the hate crime legislation circulating lately!!!

You can interpret it any way you choose. If you're gay and someone points at you, you can say they were making fun of you. That is the American way!

Or that is the ATS way, at least.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by infoliberator
If you feel i'm incorrect, then prove it by being fair, instead of the overlord dictator of everything imaginable.

We are fair, exceptionally fair.

There is never any action taken against a member's account purely for their opinions (unless they continue to post content not allowed as defined by our terms & conditions).

Action is only ever taken against members who are unable to participate with the normal civilized social graces one would use in real-life mixed company.

Period. End of story. Thread closed.

top topics

join