It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ECON: Lets have a huge party because we are all going to die!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

Yep. Gotta laugh.

If you laugh now, when you get older all the wrinkles will be in the right place.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I am all for a party, may as well have fun while the sky is falling!

Drinks for everyone!

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
"As I read through the news these days I have come to the conclusion that we are all going to die sometime in the next 50-100 years. SO LETS HAVE A PARTY!"

that's so funny it actually made me laugh. was that honestly your conclusion? k lets look at it like this. how many people do u know personally, who have lived longer then 100 years? lol? get my point? thats like saying everyone will die.. we all will, that's not a prediction.. nor should it be lol anyone in there life past/present/future knows in 50-100 years they will go bye bye.

but if your talking about the things going on now that makes u sense immediate i guess u can say disaster? troubles? problems? things people talked about happening with the one world government etc... that seem to be happening just like they said it would... then yes i see your point in that aspect.

yea to get back on topic... party gogogogo

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
As I read through the news these days I have come to the conclusion that we are all going to die sometime in the next 50-100 years. SO LETS HAVE A PARTY!

We are either going to be broke, enslaved by the PTB, taken over by aliens, die from the flouride in our water, keel over from the swine flu, or the devil is coming in a few weeks. Therefore, I figure we might as well go out with a bang. We could get all the biggest bands together, and invite our friends from Columbia and Mexico so they can bring the party favors. We can even use it as a charity event to raise money. Money which we will promptly put into a giant pile and burn because in a few months it wont be worth anything anyway.

So lets not get depressed. Lets turn the world on its head and throw the biggest bash known to man. We can even invite the Naked Wizard just to add to the fun. This would be the best form of protest we can choose, because even if it fails at least we had a little fun and relieved some stress.

[edit on 26-4-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

I would have done this but unfortunately I am from the UK.

Smoking is banned in public places not to mention £5.50 ($8) a pack, drinking is too expensive £12 ($17.50) for a bottle of vodka, partying in public is illegal unless permission is obtained or it is an organised event, cost of the whole package including organising promotional leaflets and paying a breach of peace fine etc approx £150 ($219), I am broke and without a job right now.
But the cost of just taking the remainder of the cash I have, burning it, cancelling my broadband contract, calling northern rock, telling them to shove their mortgage up their sphincter, throwing my PC out the window, taking that old furby, blowing it up with some fireworks in the garden, downing a bottle of old scottish whiskey gathering dust in my attic from years ago and listening to this song while doing my rage orgy on my own.......

Priceless and its definately something that my government cannot tax I guess.

But on second thoughts. Nah

[edit on 27-4-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Let's have a party regardless - people have been predicting the end of the world since people have been around - maybe it's not going to happen yet.

And, btw, why are people so pesimistic/always dragging other people down?

I will never know. But people are their own worst enemies, forget ETs and everything else.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
And it's one, two, three
What are we fightin for
Don't ask me, I don't give a damn
The next stop will be Iran
And it's five, six, seven
open up the pearly gates
Well there aint no time
to wonder why
Whoopie, we're all gonna die

It seemed appropriate to the thread.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I dont want to be a party pooper...but I'm not coming if Madonna is invited....or that horrible woman that lives next door to me!!
I will do the dips though.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
As I read through the news these days I have come to the conclusion that we are all going to die sometime in the next 50-100 years. SO LETS HAVE A PARTY!

well im always up for a party, but i hate to break it to people, even if none of the above happens, we're all still gonna die in 50-100 years, apparantly, from old age - altho personally i havent decided to accept that yet. . maybe i will get myself cryogenically frozen or put into suspended animation.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reality..
"As I read through the news these days I have come to the conclusion that we are all going to die sometime in the next 50-100 years. SO LETS HAVE A PARTY!"

that's so funny it actually made me laugh. was that honestly your conclusion? k lets look at it like this. how many people do u know personally, who have lived longer then 100 years? lol? get my point? thats like saying everyone will die.. we all will, that's not a prediction.. nor should it be lol anyone in there life past/present/future knows in 50-100 years they will go bye bye.

but if your talking about the things going on now that makes u sense immediate i guess u can say disaster? troubles? problems? things people talked about happening with the one world government etc... that seem to be happening just like they said it would... then yes i see your point in that aspect.

yea to get back on topic... party gogogogo

LOL. I meant it that way, so nobody could call me a liar.
I am like you to I take everything literally at first. The world isnt going to end, but we can still pretend like it is and have a party every year until it does. Party On.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by sueloujo

Ok we cant uninvite Madonna and your neighbor since they are going to die too, but we could seperate them to a different part of the desert. They are both kinda itchy with a b, so we will put them in that section.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Dude you have to come for sure. You need some stress relieve. Dont worry about the cost. We are getting Obama to give us some Party Out money. TarpIII. I figure about 1 - 2 trillion should work.

One of the selling points for the project that I think Obama will go for will also be beneficial to you. We are going to let him pay for a global maglev train system where all tracks end in the middle of a desert in Africa. That is where we are throwing the party.

So please come. Its all free and untaxable. That is why we chose Africa.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

Yeah I say we do this every year until the end comes. It is a great excuse to party. Like a 150 years from now there will be End of The World 150.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Nice idea, i'll bring some fireworks and some streamers!

As they say in the UK lets get totally munted!

Party long and hard the way the romans used to, one none stop never ending bash, when you feel like you cant party any more just go out side and tickle the back of your throat with a feather until you
and then carry on partying...

That would be a kind of epic party, knowing you have only a week until impending doom, well thats a week worth of spewing, by the time the end comes you'd be kind of relieved!

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Wow! a End of The Times party in the African desert! - sign me up!

But I'm growing a beard right now so I need to shave before the event, don't want people to take me for 'Helicopter Ben Bernanke' and club me to death!!

I can hijack a truck with poles from some Moroccan construction site for the Pole Dancers!

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

Alright I put you down for a stripper pole truck. Thanks for your assistance. Is this just a ploy to get to hang with the strippers?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
This works for me. I'm in. Oh and don't worry about Madonna and the HWND (horrible woman next door) since I am rather attracted to freaky, high maintenance women.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Plus if we all congregate, we'll just get each other sick. Maybe next month.

Let us not forget also, how the additional carbon footprint global warming cataclysm such a thing would portend.

AB1

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I'd like to organize the party. I have several acres. Just bring your own tent and booze. We can have a swine BBQ and really go out in style.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
i refuse to party unless i get to run around naked and get tasered!
haha, nah.. but the idea of a worldwide party because you think the world is going to die out is a bit exreme from my point of view, look at the bigger picture, even things that come face to face with extinction have still found ways of repopulating and making a comeback over the years, have hope ;D

In my opinion i dont really care, death will find us all at some point in time, just enjoy the ride while you can

[edit on 27-4-2009 by pleaseiwannaknow]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by pleaseiwannaknow

Great answer. I will be a good host and taser you as you request. You got three seconds to start running 1,2,3

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join