It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why not condense the "swine flu" threads?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
My concern here is that recently we are seeing many "swine flu" threads popping up all over the boards, why not have a central location or "area" for these threads in order to ease access? I would like to see a new board open for this serious issue. Just a thought and I hope it's taken well.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I guess its time ATS had a biological or health related part of the site. The part that really bugs me about all this "Swine Flu" is that the virus itself shouldn't be called swine flu at all. It is a mixture of Bird, Human, and Swine flu. Why are they calling it just "Swine Flu." It must be for some technical medical reason like a virus marker or whatnot.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
There is already a Avian Flu area, maybe move it there, and rename that area Biological Conspiracies or something.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Hot_Wings

Well possibly, they could change the "avian flu" section to something in the order of " pandemics and viruses"

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Gigatronix

Exactly! it's just so much more convenient to have all related topics in a centralized location... it just makes sense.

link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

There's a new forum named Deseases & Pandemics which I believe has replaced the old "Avian Flu" forum.

link   
my bad, i didn't even know that they had a medical section. I guess its been a long time since i browsed around. Good Job ATS.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Thanks Schro, I must have missed that, I just hope all the pandemic/avian flu/swine flu threads will be moved there to avoid members missing out.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Another swine flu thread about swine flu threads?

Here is a game for you, see how many threads you can find with the words "Swine Flu" in the subject line.

Everyone has something to say and not all are approaching the subject from the same angle... So how can you condense them?

It will all be over in a few days... But until then why not simply create a dedicated forum to Swine Flu and move them all there?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Perhaps the moderators could manage a "locked" tread where only updates are posted .

The updates get lost in the discussion , and with so many threads it would be nice to have a thread to deal with this specifically.

Considering the potential consequences of this outbreak , with its ever widening international dimension ... it might be one for ATS Inc. to take a more proactive role.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by alyosha1981
My concern here is that recently we are seeing many "swine flu" threads popping up all over the boards, why not have a central location or "area" for these threads in order to ease access? I would like to see a new board open for this serious issue. Just a thought and I hope it's taken well.

Once a virus gets going it spreads. I think that is what's happening here, more and more threads are getting infected by the virus... if the virus dies off so will the threads.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

I agree! So much info and threads I dont know where to put my 2 cents. I can say that I had swine flu when I was at basic training in Fort Dix,N.J. in Feb. 1976. A friend of mine die within 24 hrs because they thought he was faking sick-call to get out of a 24 mile march. This is very serious if not treated in time.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
Another swine flu thread about swine flu threads?

Here is a game for you, see how many threads you can find with the words "Swine Flu" in the subject line.

ATS tried to contain the spread of the swine flu topic into a dedicated forum. But the quarantine doesn't work that well. I'm finding the latest news on the development in the threads dedicated to a completely different topics. Also, there is a trend to incorporate the hot stuff into the existing topics of a completely different subjects. The swine flu topic infects the thread and kills the original topic. It is developing into a pandemic, even though the dedicated forum stats is growing really fast and the containment seem to work to a certain degree. It's like the real thing.

new topics

top topics

join