It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu From Mexico Now in Australia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Swine Flu From Mexico Now in Australia

www.news.com.au

April 27th, 9:20am
TWO people are in hospital in Queensland with symptoms similar to deadly swine flu after a trip to Mexico.

The news comes after two people in New South Wales were tested for the virus and amid fears 10 New Zealand schoolchildren might be infected.

Doctors say Australia is prepared for any potential outbreak.

"We do have two cases overnight of people checking into hospital whose symptoms are being tested," she said.

"Clearly this is a very serious disease and we are taking
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
This flu seems to be spreading at a very quick rate.......and from all reports its from people who have been to Mexico.

Why dont they stop all flights in and out of Mexico, quarantine anyone who has been to Mexico within the last few days for a couple days just to be safe and then release them if not affected.

We cannot mess around with this. If it wasnt for air travel, this would never have gotten to Australia.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
same website 45 minutes later

queensland swine flu tests negative

[edit on 26-4-2009 by ivycutler]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
So I am wondering, if I mix swine flu with bird flu will I get pigs that fly?

This could come in real handy for some politicians...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by WatchNLearn

This strain of flu is already a mixture of Human, Bird and Swine flu... it's being called swine flu to differentiate it from the last lot....and to establish that it's a new strain of H1N1.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

I agree, every single plane from the US or Mexico should have been quarantined and every person tested before being released. Because now it seems they are chasing people who have been to mexico and have not been tested! -Sorry no source, just one of the many articles i read.

Yes, it may be a bit of an inconvenience, but hey, a lot better than spreading the disease.

Lets just hope that it all slows down and they can get on top of it quickly.

new topics

top topics

join