It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did you decide which religion is correct?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Mine is a mix of many religions. I take what I like and leave the rest. I don't know but it works for me so yeah

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by RubberBaron

So that is my question really to the religious, did you choose your religion, and if so how? If you didn't choose it, and were born into it or similar, how are you sure it's the correct one?

I was fortunate, I think, to have been born into the religion that I was. The reason I can say that is that it does not have a creed. The idea of having a strict doctrine to have to believe in is actually at odds with the Spirit of Revelation which is a gift of God. So, you have a church that says something like, "This is what we have determined by past revelations and we do not think that Spirit is done, completely. There is still a lot we do not know and we kind of fill in the blanks with what we can best determine through studying what we do know. To think that, what we acknowledge are suppositions, are set in concrete would be foolish and when further light brings us more understanding, we do not want a bunch of inertia dragging us down. We want to be able to easily let go of what we only suppose to be true through human reasoning, in exchange for what is presented by the Spirit as being new truth, necessary for our present time."
I like that and believe it is a good approach to things. So, I do not have to choose a "religion" that is inflexible, but can choose a way of life that is more dependent on the leading of God, over the leading of men.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by jmdewey60]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Well personally I cannot prove or disprove any religion so I don't know if they are true or not. The only thing I do know for sure is that the people who started these religions have the same capabilities as I do. If they can speak to god so can I. So I don't really need or have a religion.

Blind faith is just crazy to me. Believing something that you don't know to be fact. I just don't get it.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

I am a Christian Mystic. When I reached rock bottom in my life I cried out and asked if God was real and to let me know. Next day an old friend I hadn't talked to in years called me to see if I want to do Bible studies.

I'm intrigued , you mean to say that, if I had called you up instead of your friend, and proceeded to announce I have a book alluding there is no god. Would you have joined me in study equally as passionate ?

Probably not, as it would have not been the answer you wanted to hear and you would have probably brushed it off as mere coincidence.

Don't you ever entertain the thought of, that if the bibles god were real it would answer your question personally yes or no ?

There seems very little difference in your situation than to millions of people who have been rejected by their lovers for example, they turn to fortune tellers etc grasping at straws for a "Sign" and see signs in the most mundane coincidences.

We are all aware that there are many many contradictions and errors in the bibles and there are many threads discussing them here on ATS. So what intrigues me the most is this :

You were at rock bottom and needed to know if god was real, instead of simply speaking to you and comforting you, this god chose to get your friend to recommend a very dodgy book authors unknown which is "claimed" to be inspired by this god.

When I was a baby and was crying when hungry, my mum gave me food she didn't ask the woman next door to take me to the library to study a recipe book written by someone who couldn't cook.

I also find it quite interesting that the majority of people who turn to religion are at a very low point in their lives and turn to a god as a last resort believing almost anything they are told or read.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
I claim to know God 100% through direct experience,

So you speak directly to God on a personal one to one basis?
And does he reply to you?

[edit on 27/4/09 by Freeborn]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I am a Deist and reject all "Organised" religions.

That does not mean i reject god or the bible.

Just that i reject religions that try to impose there views or doctrine on me or others as the "RIGHT RELIGION"
any religion that says that i "must" follow there religious views is corrupt and immoral.

www.deism.com...
moderndeism.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
"We're all atheists about most gods. Some of us just go one god farther." Richard Dawkins.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Just like to put channeled information regarding to this topic, that confirms the idea of an engineered virus.

There are many that are in fear of the bird flu virus, can you please talk about this and is it a threat to us?

We have spoken many times on the power of thought leading to manifestation, that which you know as "the law of attraction" it is this very real concept that is at play here for those we would call darkworkers are aware that thought leads to manifestation. Fear is the emotion they aim to create en masse for fear and all it's derivatives are emotions that block the raising of vibrations, the opening of the heart and the allowing light into the body changing the DNA and the blueprint of the human at the cellular level. The Ascension is now well underway and many "last ditch attempts" to halt the Ascension are in the planning stages by those darkworkers and one of these plans is to release a laboratory created virus known to you as bird flu. It is the intent of those behind this to expect full scale panic and demands of a vaccine, this vaccine shall contain yet more compounds designed to halt the development of the DNA and thereby halt the Ascension. The only way these plans can actually come into actual manifestation is by widespread fear and ignorance of truth amongst humanity. There are now enough of you that hold the Light, the adults, the children and the newborn that are "steering the ship" should we say? Once that ship, the ship of your future containing probabilities for Earth's timelines, is being effectively steered then these individuals collectively are the deciding factor regarding outcomes of events. These individuals are the consciously awakened ones - the Wayshowers, Mapmakers, Lightworkers, Starseeds, Indigo, Crystal and rainbow children - these individuals who carry the frequency of love not fear shall stand strong in their absolute knowing that the Ascension shall indeed continue to grow and humanity shall continue to awaken and evolve. These individuals do not give in to the attempts of the few to create mass fear and panic - and for this reason the timeline where this plan manifests shall not indeed come into your reality. The bird flu pandemic or rather the fear of the bird flu pandemic shall be halted in it's tracks like all other plans from these darkworkers. If you keep your vibration high, continuing in your pathway of awakening and continuing to consume the nutritional items that are in alignment with your Ascending form, you shall be immune from viruses taking hold within your system, you shall be immune from reacting with fear at every potential plan the darkworkers decide to try. Remember - it is the fear that is the aim here - not the pandemic of bird flu. They are not interested in you becoming ill or cutting down the numbers of the population as so very many of you think, they have no concern either way - the prime reason for this plan and all plans they have is to create fear and do anything they can to interfere with your body's ability to become light. They wish to stop your DNA from mutating to the higher strand formation for when this happens en masse they know they shall lose control. They are not aware of the amount of humans that are already activated beyond the double helix or of those babies born with the already mutated higher strand formation. Those that stand strong in their knowing, using the tool that you know as "the law of attraction" in it's fullest shall continue to steer the ship of Earth's future and as more and more of you join them - the faster Earth and humanity shall move into exactly what they want. A future is being created by many individuals who are focused within the energy of the heart. These individuals have seen the future that Earth shall become and they work every day to create that future with the tools that they now know exactly how to use. They teach others, every day to use these tools and create the future that they know exists...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
There is no bird flu, no pandemic, no mass fear of this possibility in this future.
You may see things on your television screens and hear things and read things regarding this topic. Much of this is untruths told to you and some is true - but it is fear of it that is not your ally, it is standing strong in the face of this in utter knowing that is your ally.
We realise there are some that hear these words and do not understand how love, knowing and alignment to light can protect you from something that appears, on the face of it, to be a real threat to humanity. Yet we also realise that there are those who hear these words and know exactly what to do. These people shall teach the others and are indeed teaching the others.
Many of you will have heard the phrase "there is nothing to fear but fear itself" we cannot say to you enough how appropriate and true that very phrase is when dealing with an issue such as this.
Stand strong in your light, stand strong in your knowing and stand strong in your love. Continue with the steering of the ship of Earth into the future that you are creating, the future you know exists, the future that you shall manifest and you shall have nothing to fear and every reason to rejoice and celebrate the life you have, for you exist within a human body - a human body not cut off from source but a human body awakened, connected, evolved, ascended - in a perfect state of health, a perfect state of love - in alignment with all that has been promised, all that is good and true - in alignment with Christ Consciousness.
WE ARE THE WHITE WINGED COLLECTIVE CONSCIOUSNESS OF NINE

END

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

I'm intrigued , you mean to say that, if I had called you up instead of your friend, and proceeded to announce I have a book alluding there is no god. Would you have joined me in study equally as passionate ?

If you came to me with atheism when I was at rock bottom, I would have definitely took hat as I sign and wrestled with you about it. When I started my Bible studies, I didn't blindly accept it. I wrestled with my teacher for well over a year. He had to go ask College theologians for answers to some of my difficult questions.

Don't you ever entertain the thought of, that if the bibles god were real it would answer your question personally yes or no ?

I know that now, because I meditate and go within. Back then however, I didn't know what "within" was, so I cried out. It felt right.

We are all aware that there are many many contradictions and errors in the bibles and there are many threads discussing them here on ATS

If thats what you look for, contradictions, then you can find them everywhere, in buddhism (all is illusion so what buddha says is illusion), Bible, Koran, Hinduism, etc. I was not seeking contradictions but seeking God. Its easy to get stuck on a seeming contradiction and not go any further. That's picking parts, instead of looking at the whole.

You were at rock bottom and needed to know if god was real, instead of simply speaking to you and comforting you, this god chose to get your friend to recommend a very dodgy book authors unknown which is "claimed" to be inspired by this god.

Quite simple. If you choose to live out the illusion of separation from God then that role has to be played out until you are ready to go back to the source. Many people forgot about the source because of this illusory separation. Jesus came to touch you on your shoulder and say, hey you forgot about your father. Here's how to go back. Also Im not completely dismissing any other religion. Im on the fence about other paths, though mysticism in any branch I believe to be true.

Plus, fortunately for me, I had already done just about everything there was to do, had money, drugs, sex, traveled, education, books, family, made my music career dreams come true in New York, criminal activities, etc. Everything was empty bull-sh*! cycles to me. None of it made sense and was so unfulfilling. After seeking fulfillment through all those activities and finding them dead, I then cried out to God and got a sign.

Also I approached the whole Xtian thing as a spiritual scientist. Basically testing it as I went through it. Ok, so if I love God and follow this way of Life, I wil eventually experience for myself this God and have my third eye opened. So I followed it, as a scientist, and as a result had the exact same spiritual experiences and enlightenments talked about in the Bible.

Are my experiences a mental issue as the OP has suggested? Heck no. It was after these experiences that I got into quantum mechanics and infinite math. I became more refined, more of man, untroubled by anything, complete loss of fear of death. All anxiety and worries and ego stripped away. This is bliss, absolute freedom, and I love everyone because of it!!!!

So if that's mental issues, then I dont ever want to be cured.

Oh and the whole "religion is a crutch for the weak minded" excuse, which basically is just an excuse to not seek any further. Perhaps religion is, but what religion is hiding, is that you can experience God and be completely be free as a result of it. Then you never need a crutch cause then you realize there is no weakness and no crutch, but the omnipresence of God.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
i didnt decide that Catholosism was the best, i hate it, i really dont like going to a religious school and being forced it, but i guess over here its better to go through the private school system than public, meh.

Religion is chosen by what each person believes the strongest about / in a guess...although this seems quite obvious its a more direct explanation, haha.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

So you speak directly to God on a personal one to one basis? And does he reply to you?

Yes I do speak to God directly and personally. Does he reply to me? Of course, all the time and everyday. Then again to understand this would require some complex philosophical and theological explaining, but hey, I got the day off so what the heck.....

My experience is of God within all things and all things within God. The eye ball can't see itself. So what all of you are intrinsically a part of, many of you can't see. That's fine, its all part of the play.

God is also within me, and the "me" aspect is all just a mask that was constructed from being on this planet through society, parents, school, tv, peers, books, etc.

So when I take off the masks, go within, and just rest in "being" there is where God is. I don't really ask God hey can I have the winning lotto ticket or a nice new gf. I am more in the zone of letting God take the reigns of my life and just riding the wave. When I talk to God, its more like, "Wow, you are so beyond anything I ever thought was possible. Wow!!!! Why me??? Why do I get to experience you in this way??? Wow!!! I Love you sooo much, I came from you and now I'm back home with you.

Its really just sitting in AWE and saying a lot of "wow's". You get lost in the absoluteness in God and there are moments where there is no longer an "I" but a complete melting into infinity.

The mind, ego, personality, is all false masks and are left at the door before walking into the realm of God's omnipresence. When you take those off, you are stripped bare down to your lowest common denominator, just awareness(unbiased, no thought, no opinions) then even awareness melts away into the All-ness of God.

So what you may think is me asking for favors to some thought-form God, is actually myself taking off masks and melting into infinity and loving every part of it, including you and every other person that's all part of infinity.

And yes I have done shrooms/lsd in high school and college. These daily God experiences are way above and beyond any of those psychedelics. It puts drugs to shame and makes them look like 5 year old kindergartners.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
There is only religion.

that which can be labeled as religion is it. there is no other, protestants name says protest. and such, there is much in words on their own.

what is religion, that is how LIFE works. life should be religion, when this is not the fact it is not LIFE for Life is eternal. WE are the BASE of LIFE. when you are not religion you ain't a part of our lives. GREATNESS SUCCUMB. live forth in spirit. Be good and be just! as to be just and good fellow persecutors.

so long have we been living and brought forth life, and still we do on don't we, cause we eat the fruits of life and that brings forth more life to us and unto others the saviors, we rebel on the rebellion of the antichrists, the anarchymembers. that which is just is Life. and it brings forth fruits, heavenly fruits as even when we have our heads up in the clouds, by those anti, it is stupid. Couress your breastplate of love, harness your sacred body, heaven will be obeyed.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by etherical waterwave]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Excellent question - S&F!!!

The question is - which one did YOU choose?

I agree peopel select their religion based on family tradition, but I am against any religion that opressed anyone within it's teachings. For this reason I could not follow Islam, since it teaches (and I quote) you can "beat your wife lightly" for disobedience.

I'd like to see ANY scholar in the UK defend this on live TV, and for women to have freedom of the mosque. Yes, I'd love to see it - LOVE TO SEE IT!!!

That said, Catholicism is no better since it has opressed women institutionally for over a thousand years (and 'heretics') - and conitnues to do so today.

The only realy choice to settle my needs is therefore buddhism or no religion at all.

[edit on 27/4/2009 by TailoredVagabond]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I doubt it. One man's voice of god is another man's demons, is another's temptation's, is another's "crazy voice".

There is no way to distinguish without PROOF.

Ergo, there can be no God.

What's SOOO scary about the realization that the atferlife and/or greater force in the universe NOT being governed by a man who if he did exist - now consider the scale of the cosmos and read this carefully - CARES about YOUR PRAYERS?!?!

If he did exist, there are bigger things to concern him/herself with. We're just not important.

[edit on 27/4/2009 by TailoredVagabond]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TailoredVagabond

I doubt it. One man's voice of god is another man's demons, is another's temptation's, is another's "crazy voice". There is no way to distinguish without PROOF. Ergo, there can be no God. What's SOOO scary about the realization that the atferlife and/or greater force in the universe NOT being governed by a man who if he did exist - now consider the scale of the cosmos and read this carefully - CARES about YOUR PRAYERS?!?! If he did exist, there are bigger things to concern him/herself with. We're just not important.

Very well misperceived. I do not hear voices of God talking so I don't know where that came from, certainly out of the blue.

My proof is proof for myself. Subjective proof, if its truth, is still proof. I dont need anyone else, not experiencing what I do, to tell me that what I experience is not what it is. Besides, I have found many accounts of enlightenment that fit exactly what I experience(d), after the fact

Bigger things to concern himself with? As if God has concerns. Good way to limit the unlimited. Unlimited Love has love for all things, from every person to every atom. You are also intrinsically a part of God, but the mind, ego, personality, senses, get in the way of knowing this.

Praying is a very mystical and mysterious subject. I tend to go by the theory that the closer one is spiritually to God, the more prayers are answered. But then one who walks in Union with God, doesn't really ask for anything besides more Union and more Love. Content.

To know God, one must undergo the process of unknowing everything else. Difficult at first, but simple in the end.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

So, why doesn't God heal amputees, then? Good people who lost limbs for reasons not their fault pray for them to be restored and God ignores them? It's almost as if he just isn't there.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by RubberBaron

I was born with a religion. I have recently found it to be false. I still believe in God, but I no longer believe in the fairy tale I have been taught.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Take a steel chain. Remove random links. Replace them with paper links. You are left with a chain that can longer fulfill the original purpose. That's religion. A few solid bits held together with paper.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

you have been grown up!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join