posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:35 AM
This is a very individual endeavor. What faith one takes seriously is relative to their spiritual condition. Faith is an important and intangible
aspect, however, it is not mental or intellectual itself. This does not mean thinking or reasoning is not applicable but good reasoning is hard to
come by. For example corruption does not imply that karma doesn't exist. One needs to have a deeper understanding of such think to make legitimate
judgments. There are, however, some basic guidelines.
1. True religion would not condone the consumption of alcohol or other dissipation and degraders of the spirit.
2. Killing heart centered life forms ie eating meat would not be permitted. Doing as little harm as possible to other spirits is fundamental.
3. Such things as transplants and blood transfusions would be unacceptable as that is a transference of desire and inclination as well.
4. There must be real true association with a living adept. There is nothing in the world like the presence and association with such a being. It
can't be faked.
5. True teachings must be taught or recited as the nature of the world and the mind is to deceive.
6. The individual must have spiritual practices that prove to them the efficacy of this faith. Promises of what is to come is no substitute.
7. Ritualism would not exist or be condoned. It will always crop up in the minds of individuals and this is an aspect where a legitimate spiritual
leader is essential.
8. Those officially recognized as spiritual competent or a spiritual leader can no be involved in wrong doing even once. For example sanctioning
torture in the name of the faith or having pedophiles as authorized spiritual representatives proves the faith is anything but the real thing and
therefore never can nor will ever be legitimate.
9. Acting as if the Supreme Being "needs" the individual or their effort clearly demonstrates spiritual fraud. The Supreme Being is all powerful and
stands in need of one and nothing. There is no battle between good and evil and the Supreme Being is not needing warriors for a false cause.
The bottom line is that the individual will interpret the above to suit their current spiritual condition.