It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do the believers suffer because of skeptics and the ignorant?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
It's so damn frustrating never knowing for sure or not if UFOs and aliens are real, I and other believers can believe as much as we want but that doesn't make a difference in the public's view of UFOs as being silly. It aggravates me that us believers will never know for sure or not only because the governments of the world are afraid that the masses will panic, otherwise they would have disclosed that UFOs and intelligent civilizations of aliens do indeed exist.

I would rather the government take the time to find out who's ready and who's not and respectively tell the believers the truth and keep the damn skeptics and ignorant ones in the dark which is the only place they will ever feel content at.

Does anyone else feel like this?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deus Ex Machina 42
It's so damn frustrating never knowing for sure or not if UFOs and aliens are real,

UFOs ARE proven and real...aliens are not proven yet.

I and other believers can believe as much as we want but that doesn't make a difference in the public's view of UFOs as being silly.

Err..you/we are the public too.

It aggravates me that us believers will never know for sure

Maybe you will....it's not over till the fat lady sings, but you will only know it it becomes true won't you?

or not only because the governments of the world are afraid that the masses will panic, otherwise they would have disclosed that UFOs and intelligent civilizations of aliens do indeed exist.

unless they don't (yet)

I would rather the government take the time to find out who's ready and who's not and respectively tell the believers the truth and keep the damn skeptics and ignorant ones in the dark which is the only place they will ever feel content at.

1....poppy-cock
2..do you suggest door-to-door canvasing?
3...how would they know who's a believer, a skeptic and who's ignorant?
4...see number 2
5...I don't know any skeptic who is content in the dark??

Does anyone else feel like this?

What...wibbly-wobbly not talking logically you mean?

And btw.....you could rearrange the 3 "types" of people you described in your opening question and come up with similar conclusions whichever viewpoint you took.

Fact is..we're 6.5(ish) Billion individuals and every one of us is unique. Makes quite a calculation when you start asking questions doesn't it?

[edit on 26/4/2009 by nerbot]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Deus Ex Machina 42

The reason the subject of UFOs is not taken seriously is explained by one of the most prominent researchers Jacque Vallee, can't remember which book but he describes the field suffering from a plethora of interconnected con-artists, sensationalists, and whackos. Some of the best hoaxers in the world are involved in ufology, for that it becomes much more difficult to discern who is telling the truth, what evidence is sufficient, and what the truth really is.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

The reason the phenomena is not taken seriously is because of believers. They tend to believe every story thrown out at them. Ufology should be about finding facts and vetting what has been said by whistle-blowers. There are many people here who believe Billy Meier and Bob Lazar, without even questioning any of what was stated.

To get treated as a serious subject, ufology needs to have researchers who are more skeptical to the material they are given. The tough questions asked are the ones that will get us closer to the truth.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008

The reason the phenomena is not taken seriously is because of believers. They tend to believe every story thrown out at them. Ufology should be about finding facts and vetting what has been said by whistle-blowers. There are many people here who believe Billy Meier and Bob Lazar, without even questioning any of what was stated.

Hi kidflash,

Forget about Billy Meier. But Bob Lazar is definitely an interesting character no?..Have you ever read Gene Huff's account of Bob?.. It's very interesting.

Anyhow, I'm not much of a supporter, but there are those well known skeptical people who definitely believe him, namely:

One person who still totally and adamantly supports Bob Lazar's claims is KLAS-TV Eyewitness News anchorman, George Knapp, and of course, Bob's friend, Las Vegas real estate appraiser, Gene Huff.

www.rense.com...

Although I don't recall where I read Huff's account.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I don't understand your frustration. If you believe in something, why do you care what other people think?

It's like trying to convince people to change their views on religion.

Nothing but a waste of time arguing about. People will see the light, when they are ready to.l

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by GateCrasher

Bob Lazar has so many holes in his story a fleet of battleships can fit through. I think George Knapp likes his bread and butter, so he will never really ask the tough questions.

Stanton Friedman wrote about why Mr Lazar is a fraud on his site:

www.stantonfriedman.com...

I also think his story is off as he began working on the alien stuff almost immediately. I have been in the military and know for a fact that it takes at least six months to get a major security clearance. They would of had Mr Lazar work on other projects instead. They also would of canned him and stopped the proceedings with the security check after he took people to watch the test flights at night.

Also, according to Brigadier General Arthur Exon, there is no extraterrestrial craft or bodies at Area 51. It is a test facility only.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Stanton Friedman wrote about why Mr Lazar is a fraud on his site:

www.stantonfriedman.com...

I also think his story is off as he began working on the alien stuff almost immediately. I have been in the military and know for a fact that it takes at least six months to get a major security clearance. They would of had Mr Lazar work on other projects instead. They also would of canned him and stopped the proceedings with the security check after he took people to watch the test flights at night.

I've read what Stanton Friedman has to say before and am aware of his opinion...And to be honest, I'm not really one of those super-big fans of Stan. He also says things about Corso on the same website..Which I felt was sort of an attempt to discredit these guys.

Now I don't really know whether Bob Lazar is genuine or not, I agree that there are holes in the story, and some things just come off as ... Not believable.... However I would not take the word of Stanton Friedman and trust him more than anyone else... I don't believe that he should be the voice of ufology, he shouldn't be everyone's most trusted speaker.... Something interesting that Mr. Robert Emenegger had to say on a radio show about a week ago (discussion about Holoman landing), in which Stanton had actually written-down on a piece of paper (can't remember the details though) and quote: "I'm the charisma of ufology", or something along those lines. And I just thought that was very revealing....

Anyways, I could go on and on about Friedman.........

Nice to meet you kidflash, I do mostly agree with you by the way.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

There are many problems in the book attributed by Lt Col Corso, and I think that he did not write much of the book himself.

He claims he was in charge of research and development of the extraterrestrial craft, but that would of been a one or two star general position at the very lease, not a lt colonel.

Many of the inventions he gives the aliens credit for were being worked on way before the Roswell crash. The people who invented such things as Velcro also took exception to what was written.

The truth is most of these people need to be looked at with a skeptic's eye. Researcher Major Kevin Randle had a blog about exopolitics and the people associated with it:

kevinrandle.blogspot.com...

I am one to believe extraterrestrials have visited the Earth. I also think there have been a few rare crashes of extraterrestrial craft. I look at everything in the stories and find the aspects of the information which lead to the conclusion it is a possible real deal. I do not believe everything that is stated in ufology, which is the mistake of most people who are in to the subject.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I am one to believe extraterrestrials have visited the Earth. I also think there have been a few rare crashes of extraterrestrial craft. I look at everything in the stories and find the aspects of the information which lead to the conclusion it is a possible real deal. I do not believe everything that is stated in ufology, which is the mistake of most people who are in to the subject.

I'll check out the blog, but in the meantime, perhaps a comparison of opinions, I refer you to my post here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

We seem to share many of the same ideals my friend. Although it seems you completely discount Corso.

Yes, and his book was made into a monster. But surely the foreign technology division would give some insight, particularly in 1947.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by GateCrasher]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I don't want to completely discount Lt Col Corso, but I did read his book and it does fall short on many of the claims. There are those who claim he did not write much of the book, and that does seem truthful when one looks at the claims made. I respect the man for his service, but I question the validity of the book and the claims made.

Lt Col Corso may have worked with ET technology, but that has yet to be proven.

new topics

top topics

join